The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Smokers..

nux4lyfe

Oddest thing has happened. The more I toke regular reefer, the less I even want a drag on my E-Cig...is it possible, nay probable, that smoking cannabis has effectively curbed any desire I have for tobacco or nicotine? :o

It is because smoking cigarettes is really two things combined into one:

1. the Nicotine Addiction and 2. The habit of smoking.

The longer you go without cigarettes the closer you are to breaking the addiction to nicotine, however the habit of taking smoke into your lungs still exists. As for the habit probably most types of smoke or vapour as in your e-cig will effectively curb that (substituting one habit for another.)

I don't believe that it has anything to do with a substance within marijuana that eliminates the addiction to nicotine.

I get a warm feeling every time I see the woman on my street smoke outside in -40 weather to protect her kids from the second hand smoke :)

I'm very sensitive to second hand smoke, as it causes me to have a weird feeling in my throat (hard to explain), red eyes, dry nose, and of course a dry cough. My best friend's mom is a really heavy smoker and the house reeks of cigarette smoke.

Just my take on this thread. And this is a non smokers take on this.

The one thing that annoys me more than Smokers, people who complain about Smokers.

I remember being up in Whistler and a guy was smoking a cigar, not anywhere near a doorway or bus stop etc... Someone walked up to the guy and asked "could you please put that thing out?"

His response was "do you want me to put it out in your left, or your right eye?"

Needless to say, he walked away with his tail between his legs.

There will always be rude people who give anything a bad name but I have no problem with people who smoke, while respecting others, downwind or whathaveyou.

The one thing that annoys me more than Smokers, people who complain about Smokers.

I remember being up in Whistler and a guy was smoking a cigar, not anywhere near a doorway or bus stop etc... Someone walked up to the guy and asked "could you please put that thing out?"

His response was "do you want me to put it out in your left, or your right eye?"

There will always be rude people who give anything a bad name but I have no problem with people who smoke, while respecting others, downwind or whathaveyou.

I actually had to inform TWO people outside a Superstore that they're smoking within 10' of the door was not aloud. I was all the more annoyed that they seemed to not care that I was standing there with one of my newborn twin sons and our dog. F'ing disgusting.

What you doing with your dog in the car parking lot? Like we need to be dodging it's crap!

I can't imagine what I would say if someone gave me a pearl of wisdom like that....

"You're against the law!"

"Oh, are you the bylaw officer?"

"I don't trust your survey distance and this is Canada we use metric units".

Now had you gone with...

"Could you guys move over a bit, I have my young kids here and am trying to keep them away from smoke"

I would go with...

"No problem dude" and move on a little bit.

You catch more flies with honey instead of vinegar.

Telling someone they can't do something is one of the best ways to ensure they keep on doing it.

What you doing with your dog in the car parking lot? Like we need to be dodging it's crap!

I can't imagine what I would say if someone gave me a pearl of wisdom like that....

"You're against the law!"

"Oh, are you the bylaw officer?"

"I don't trust your survey distance and this is Canada we use metric units".

Now had you gone with...

"Could you guys move over a bit, I have my young kids here and am trying to keep them away from smoke"

I would go with...

"No problem dude" and move on a little bit.

You catch more flies with honey instead of vinegar.

Telling someone they can't do something is one of the best ways to ensure they keep on doing it.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Archived