The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Smokers..

nux4lyfe

Deb I must say that with the advent of e-cigarettes and providing they become affordable for everyone who needs one to give up tobacco, and with that just a straight shot of nicotine whenever needed, in vapor form..I'd be happy to see the number of "smoke" cigarettes dwindle. If I had enough money to give every smoker friend I know an E-Cig starter set I would do it in a heartbeat...it's certainly made my life a lot less hectic. These are smokeless, odorless, and they do an effective job of providing that nicotine relief. I hope some day they become available, cheaper...so that everyone can tell Big Tobacco to go suck an egg.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I think I'll keep out of "Off Topic Forums" from now on... my opinion is not worth having people hate me for it.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Basic rule - everyone is entitled to an opinion here - just be prepared for the fallout when said opinion is uninformed (and I am not suggesting that your opinion fall into that category).

Besides on an anonymous message board, who cares?

Idiocy is a matter of opinion, sir. Most people smoke to relieve stress or because they are addicted...and those who smoke to relieve stress are smoking to relieve the stress brought about by having to deal with people like the posters in this thread. You want to ban smoking indoors (restaurants, bars), fine...like I said..but I proposed a viable solution, and just because someone who lives a zillion miles away from me thinks he knows everything there is to know about this issue will not deter me from positing the idea to the county commissioners...which I have already done, and there will be a vote on it next month at their meeting. I don't listen to "so-called" experts...I fight to prove them wrong...and if the vote goes the way it's looking now...there will be a provided community smoking lounge in Salisbury. Whether or not this would ever work in your hometown, in Vancouver, in BC is completely irrelevant to me, so reading rote statutes and laws and ordinances and codes is 100times even more irrelevant to me. Here nor there. I am on an E-Cig, free from the bondage of tobacco, so whatever happens with it really doesn't affect me at all. The best solution would be for the E-Cig manufacturers to make their product a: more affordable, and b: more readily available. If they ever got around to doing that, this entire argument would one day be moot.

Guest Gumballthechewy

People shouldn't hate you for having a differing opinion so long as you address them respectfully (which you do).

OK, OK.

100% of all of indoors or enclosed spaces is nonsmoking and 100% of all of the outdoors for smokers. BTW, this would include your own home and parks and bus stops as well. Anyway, that's how I feel about it.

I loved my grandma and could put up with her smoking but I had to change my clothes and shower after visiting her.

ok well then you must be old. Since she lived to be a grandma i'm still assuming she was old. People who don't smoke die too, we're all gonna ???? die even if you breath some of your grandma's second hand smoke, and she's dies from being attacked by a gang of huge black ni..................njas.

I saw a piece of work with his girlfriend yell at this smoker to kill himself but not to drag them with him. The smoker was sitting there quietly at maybe 50 feet away. Long story short, the girlfriend was screaming and the boyfriend was out cold with his nose mashed in. The smoker was calmly walking away. This was in Yaletown. I really hated that smoker for not putting his cigarette out on the yuppy's forehead. We sat in the patio and continued to drink our beer watching for about 20 minutes at the guy lying there with the mashed in nose while others swarmed around doing nothing. The ambulance came. The ambulance had pretty lights.

Archived