501 replies to this topic

#451 Rink on Renfrew

Rink on Renfrew

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

Just my take on this thread. And this is a non smokers take on this.

The one thing that annoys me more than Smokers, people who complain about Smokers.

I remember being up in Whistler and a guy was smoking a cigar, not anywhere near a doorway or bus stop etc... Someone walked up to the guy and asked "could you please put that thing out?"
His response was "do you want me to put it out in your left, or your right eye?"
Needless to say, he walked away with his tail between his legs.

There will always be rude people who give anything a bad name but I have no problem with people who smoke, while respecting others, downwind or whathaveyou.

#452 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,868 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Wait, are there actually people in this thread trying to argue that cigarettes and/or second hand smoke aren't bad for people?

No. they were attempting to argue that second hand "thirst quenching" was equally as dangerous actually :rolleyes:

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#453 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

The one thing that annoys me more than Smokers, people who complain about Smokers.

I remember being up in Whistler and a guy was smoking a cigar, not anywhere near a doorway or bus stop etc... Someone walked up to the guy and asked "could you please put that thing out?"
His response was "do you want me to put it out in your left, or your right eye?"

There will always be rude people who give anything a bad name but I have no problem with people who smoke, while respecting others, downwind or whathaveyou.

Whistler has an extended smoking ban beyond that set out in provincial law - a smoking regulation bylaw that prohibits businesses from allowing smoking within six metres (19.5 feet) from a doorway, window or air intake and prohibits smoking within 25 metres (82 feet) of sporting events, playing fields and other recreational areas. There is a complete ban on playgrounds, school property and transit shelters.
http://www.whistler....s/1884_2008.pdf

Had that comment been made to me the RCMP would have been summoned and a criminal complaint filed.
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#454 Aleksandr Pistoletov

Aleksandr Pistoletov

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

Well put, and this is from someone that's never smoked a single cigarette.

"When Jonah's agent called him and said Quentin Tarantino wanted to put him in a spaghetti western [Django Unchained], Jonah was like, 'You had me at spaghetti.'"

"Aziz has been charming audiences and snakes for years. And I guess you’re here tonight because now that Kanye had a real baby he doesn’t need you anymore."

-- Jeff Ross

#455 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Go ahead eh. Make my day.

Posted Image

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#456 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Wait, are there actually people in this thread trying to argue that cigarettes and/or second hand smoke aren't bad for people?

I'm certainly not trying to make that claim. Not in the slightest. I know for sure that cigarettes and/or second hand smoke is bad for people...This is more a debate...I think...at least the original one was, about a "certain group" of smokers who would for example stand in a no smoking area and purposefully make a nuisance out of themselves and/or blow smoke in other people's faces. The point I was trying to make earlier...that I honestly don't care to get into again, was that it's just as easy for someone complaining about smokers, outdoors, to AVOID the smoke rather than complain about it, thereby making a nuisance of THEMSELVES, and insisting that the smoker extinguish their cigarette. Some in this thread are trying to tell smokers that they shouldn't be allowed to smoke outside either, after they've successfully relegated them to the outside by banning it in bars and those types of places.
Posted Image

View PostScott Hartnell, on 11 June 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#457 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,946 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

I actually had to inform TWO people outside a Superstore that they're smoking within 10' of the door was not aloud. I was all the more annoyed that they seemed to not care that I was standing there with one of my newborn twin sons and our dog. F'ing disgusting.

What you doing with your dog in the car parking lot? Like we need to be dodging it's crap!

I can't imagine what I would say if someone gave me a pearl of wisdom like that....

"You're against the law!"

"Oh, are you the bylaw officer?"

"I don't trust your survey distance and this is Canada we use metric units".

Now had you gone with...

"Could you guys move over a bit, I have my young kids here and am trying to keep them away from smoke"

I would go with...

"No problem dude" and move on a little bit.

You catch more flies with honey instead of vinegar.

Telling someone they can't do something is one of the best ways to ensure they keep on doing it.

#458 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

What you doing with your dog in the car parking lot? Like we need to be dodging it's crap!

I can't imagine what I would say if someone gave me a pearl of wisdom like that....

Now had you gone with...

"Could you guys move over a bit, I have my young kids here and am trying to keep them away from smoke"

I would go with...

Telling someone they can't do something is one of the best ways to ensure they keep on doing it.

Bang on. QFT.
Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#459 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,868 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Now had you gone with...

I would go with...

First of all, I wasn't in the parking lot. It was the store entryway. (Hence the issue). People actually walk to stores, not just drive FYI ;)

Second, I didn't specify a distance or anything...I just mentioned "I don't believe you're supposed to be smoking here" or something along those lines. I do love though how I'm the "bad guy" for pointing out they're breaking the law and being inconsiderate pricks. That's awesome Ron.

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#460 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

My question is why do people feel the need to respond in such a callous manner? Even if some high and mighty jackass comes along and asks impolitely what good will come in exacerbating the situation? Simply smile and say no thank you.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 22 January 2013 - 04:04 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#461 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,946 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

First of all, I wasn't in the parking lot. It was the store entryway. (Hence the issue). People actually walk to stores, not just drive FYI ;)

Second, I didn't specify a distance or anything...I just mentioned "I don't believe you're supposed to be smoking here" or something along those lines. I do love though how I'm the "bad guy" for pointing out they're breaking the law and being inconsiderate pricks. That's awesome Ron.

We're you bringing your dog into the store?!?

If I had to have a word with someone every time someone broke the law or was an inconsiderate prick I would run out of words. Look at how many people break the law driving by speeding and I can assure you that if it doesn't beat the number of people killed by second hand smoke it's at least in the same ballpark.

If it's a concern it might be more difficult actually being the bigger man and being polite about it but it's far more effective.

Should that not work and they respond the same way than by all means all bets are off.

But preaching to someone will only increase their resolve to defy you, whether you like it or not.

#462 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,868 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

We're you bringing your dog into the store?!?

If I had to have a word with someone every time someone broke the law or was an inconsiderate prick I would run out of words. Look at how many people break the law driving by speeding and I can assure you that if it doesn't beat the number of people killed by second hand smoke it's at least in the same ballpark.

If it's a concern it might be more difficult actually being the bigger man and being polite about it but it's far more effective.

Should that not work and they respond the same way than by all means all bets are off.

But preaching to someone will only increase their resolve to defy you, whether you like it or not.

No Ron, my son, I and our dog waited outside the entrance of the store while my wife with our other son went in and grabbed some groceries. Why the Spanish inquisition?...lol

And for the record, I was polite. Who said I wasn't? You're making a lot of asinine assumptions.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#463 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,946 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

No Ron, my son, I and our dog waited outside the entrance of the store while my wife with our other son went in and grabbed some groceries. Why the Spanish inquisition?...lol

And for the record, I was polite. Who said I wasn't? You're making a lot of asinine assumptions.

Did you have a doggy doo doo scraper on hand?

You very well might have been polite. It just didn't sound like it from your original post.

When anti smokers and smokers mix rarely is anyone polite to each other. As an example, I reference this thread.

#464 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,868 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

POPULAR

Actually Ron, both my dog and I took turns crapping at the Superstore entrance and throwing it at the smokers like a couple of poo-flinging monkeys. But we did so politely ;) My infant son simply craps at will anyway but his throwing arm sucks as yet.

Edited by J.R., 22 January 2013 - 05:25 PM.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#465 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,946 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Actually Ron, both my dog and I took turns crapping at the Superstore entrance and throwing it at the smokers like a couple of poo-flinging monkeys. But we did so politely ;) My infant son simply craps at will anyway but his throwing arm sucks as yet.

Don't worry he will gather the ability to throw crap soon enough. Next time your at the market make sure the wife stocks up on cleaning supplies.

I see the evidence of inconsiderate dog owners all over the place just like the inconsiderate smokers leaving butts all over just like inconsiderate people leaving trash all over (apparently at the fireworks the beach counts as a garbage can) just like I see people cheating HOV lanes all the time just like any one of a million inconsiderate and unhealthy things I see on a daily basis.

Perhaps you are the exception and not the rule. Kudos to you if true.

#466 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,868 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

You may call me Mr. Exception.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#467 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

lol. +1
“Your journey has molded you for your greater good, and it was exactly what it needed to be. Don't think you've lost time. There is no short-cutting to life. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time.” ― Asha Tyson

#468 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

Because..

Posted Image
Posted Image

#469 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,868 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

lol. +1

You should see what we do at Costco :shock:

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#470 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

BTW January 20-26 is National Non-Smoking Week and the PM issued this statement:

Statement by the Prime Minister of Canada on National Non-Smoking Week

20 January 2013

Ottawa, Ontario

Prime Minister Stephen Harper today issued the following statement highlighting the importance of National Non-Smoking Week, taking place from January 20-26, 2013.

"Each year, more than 37,000 Canadians die from tobacco smoking-related diseases in Canada.

"Recognizing the heavy toll that tobacco use continues to have on Canadians and their families, including the victims of second hand smoke, our Government has worked with provinces, territories and municipalities on educating Canadians about the dangers of smoking, discouraging people from starting to smoke and supporting those who wish to quit.

"Specific measures have included restricting where people can smoke; restricting access to tobacco products, especially for youth; participating in tobacco cessation programs; and, raising awareness of the health hazards associated with tobacco use and the benefits of quitting.

"Most recently, our Government introduced new warning labels on cigarette packages, which feature a national quitline phone number for people who want help quitting. We have also banned flavoured little cigars, which were clearly targeted towards youth.

"These collective efforts are working. Smoking is at an all-time low in Canada - having dropped to 17 percent in 2011. While this downward trend is encouraging, tobacco use continues to be the most important cause of premature death in Canada and adds considerable strain to health care costs. We will therefore continue to work with all levels of government on helping Canadians stay smoke free.

"It is never too late to quit smoking. I encourage Canadians to take up the challenge in 2013 and break the habit."

http://www.pm.gc.ca/...ureId=6&id=5248

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

#471 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Smoke whatever like, as long as you aren't harming others....

#472 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,946 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

BTW January 20-26 is National Non-Smoking Week and the PM issued this statement:

Statement by the Prime Minister of Canada on National Non-Smoking Week

20 January 2013

Ottawa, Ontario

Prime Minister Stephen Harper today issued the following statement highlighting the importance of National Non-Smoking Week, taking place from January 20-26, 2013.

"Each year, more than 37,000 Canadians die from tobacco smoking-related diseases in Canada.

"Recognizing the heavy toll that tobacco use continues to have on Canadians and their families, including the victims of second hand smoke, our Government has worked with provinces, territories and municipalities on educating Canadians about the dangers of smoking, discouraging people from starting to smoke and supporting those who wish to quit.

"Specific measures have included restricting where people can smoke; restricting access to tobacco products, especially for youth; participating in tobacco cessation programs; and, raising awareness of the health hazards associated with tobacco use and the benefits of quitting.

"Most recently, our Government introduced new warning labels on cigarette packages, which feature a national quitline phone number for people who want help quitting. We have also banned flavoured little cigars, which were clearly targeted towards youth.

"These collective efforts are working. Smoking is at an all-time low in Canada - having dropped to 17 percent in 2011. While this downward trend is encouraging, tobacco use continues to be the most important cause of premature death in Canada and adds considerable strain to health care costs. We will therefore continue to work with all levels of government on helping Canadians stay smoke free.

"It is never too late to quit smoking. I encourage Canadians to take up the challenge in 2013 and break the habit."

http://www.pm.gc.ca/...ureId=6&id=5248

If they cared about people quitting why not allow them to get smoke replacement therapies for like say six months so people can give it a real go every couple of years.

It's not like they don't rake in a ton of money from those that do smoke.

And if it turns out that despite all the income from taxes there is a high cost to having people smoke to the system then it would be a heck of an investment in preventative medicine.

#473 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

More considerate smokers following the rules... NOT.

A Sunwing flight from Halifax bound for the Dominican Republic was forced to land in Bermuda Friday night because three passengers refused to stop smoking on the plane, CBC News has learned.

The Bermuda police service said they were called to the airport around 9:55 p.m. local time to meet Sunwing flight 454, which was on its way to Punta Cana.

Police said they boarded the plane and arrested the three smokers.

"It appeared to be a father, a mother and a son. The parents appear to be in their 50s. The son, I believe, is around 22 or so," said acting Insp. Paul Simons.

Dave Shellington's wife was on the plane. He said she texted him to tell the story.

"They were smoking in the plane's washroom and when they came out they got into a little bit of an argument with the attendants. They couldn't say where they put their cigarette butts and that caused a bit of a commotion, I guess. From there it kind of escalated with the father, the mother and the son," said Shellington

He said his wife said there was a lot of screaming and swearing.

Simons said he couldn't confirm the family's nationality or if they had also been drinking, but said they were co-operative when they were removed from the plane by police.

Passengers en route from Halifax to the Dominican Republic wait in Bermuda. (Courtesy of bernews.com)

They were taken to the police station and have since been released on bail.

The flight was grounded overnight and the crew and passengers were put up in a hotel.

"The flight was also grounded so that a Canadian-trained mechanic could inspect the aircraft for undetermined reasons," Simons said.

The flight was rescheduled to leave on Saturday.

The family has been ordered not to leave the island and their passports and travel documents have been seized by the Bermuda police.

They have not been officially charged.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2013/02/02/ns-passengers-sunwing-divert-bermuda-dominican.html

So do these yahoos go on a "no fly" list?

#474 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#475 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

http://youtu.be/oksTiOIuhHA

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#476 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

http://youtu.be/oksTiOIuhHA

Posted Image

I was just coming in here to post that! :lol:

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#477 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

Apparently young 'uns are adopting an old habit... smokeless tobacco (aka spit tobacco, chew, pinch or dip) in the mistaken belief that cancer is not an issue. Wrong.

Quick question. Have you noticed teenage girls spitting in the street lately, or wondered about young males walking around with their upper lip poking out?

Chances are they’re using smokeless tobacco, also known as spit tobacco, chew, pinch or dip. If smokeless tobacco keeps trending with teenagers, the guy who invents a stylish spittoon that attaches to a smartphone will make a fortune.

Imagine parents’ chagrin when they find out junior is chawin’ baccy. They spent thousands on orthodontists so their son would have a blinding smile. Now his teeth look like they were dipped in henna.

Chewing tobacco is a revolting habit and far from harmless. But that’s not how teens see it.

They know smoking cigarettes is addictive. But they think smokeless is OK, because they’re not lighting cigarettes and inhaling carcinogens. No smoking, no cancer! The truth is, smokeless tobacco is a significant cause of oral cancer, pancreatic cancer and esophageal cancer.

In California, where all trends begin, sales of chewing tobacco and other smokeless products have been climbing for the past 10 years.

In 2010, smokeless tobacco use among high school students in California grew to almost four per cent, up from 3.1 in 2004.

Health Canada’s tobacco-use monitoring survey for 2010 shows the smoking rate among youths aged 15 to 17 was nine per cent — the lowest ever recorded. But eight per cent of Canadians 15 years and older reported having tried smokeless tobacco products in 2010. Five per cent of youth, or about 119,000 teens aged 15 to 19 and 10 per cent of young adults (about 228,000) aged 20 to 24, reported ever using smokeless tobacco.

Part of the appeal of snus, a popular smokeless product, is that teenagers can use it undetected while sitting in the classroom.

How cool is that?

Snus, pronounced “snooze,” resemble tiny, white, tea bags filled with tobacco. No spitting is required with snus, which typically are tucked under the upper lip near the gum line where little or no saliva is generated. Nicotine is absorbed directly through the gum, or users can swallow the juice for a quick nicotine hit. Snus last about an hour — long enough to get students through a boring physics class.

Dissolvable smokeless products such as orbs and strips are even sneakier. The orbs look like Tic Tacs, and the strips are similar in appearance to dissolvable breath-mint strips.

There are fewer government restrictions on the sale of smokeless tobacco products, so tobacco companies have been spending hugely to promote them.

In 2010, in the U.S., the tobacco industry spent $444 million on advertising and marketing smokeless tobacco products.

The companies claim their ads are aimed at adults, yet the range of flavours available in smokeless tobacco products seems designed for the teenage palate: apple, berry, cherry, citrus, spearmint, peach, winterchill, frost, and that’s just a sampling.

So far, there’s no Count Chocula Chewing Tobacco or Boo Berry Snus, but maybe those are in the works.

I started smoking at 18, partly for the mystique and partly because cultural cues told me it was manly. I quit a few years later to impress a girl who wasn’t keen on cuddling up to someone who reeked of cigarettes.

Whenever I catch a whiff of tobacco smoke now, it takes me back to earlier times of youth, adventure and mischief. I remember sneaking a smoke on the back steps of my high school and getting caught. I remember buying ciggies from a vending machine at a pool room where no one cared if you were underage.

It was hard to give up my Export A filters, and it took months to adjust to having a cup of coffee without a cigarette. There didn’t seem to be any point to sipping coffee without a smoke in my other hand.

I’m generally wrong about everything, but I can’t see smokeless tobacco taking hold of pop culture the way cigarettes did in the last century. Can you imagine James Bond offering a lady his tin of snus? Or Emma Stone daintily directing a stream of tobacco juice at a spittoon?

Me neither.

http://www.vancouversun.com/health/Message+spitting+teens+choose+snus+lose/7910668/story.html#ixzz2JrI4OzL2

#478 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

Were you being polite like your "lol" or rude like your "asinine" ??

Edited by Jester13, 03 February 2013 - 05:41 PM.

#479 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

A bit of second hand smoke doesn't bother me at all but the nerve of some smokers who light up one, two, even five meters inside a building on their way out just drives me nuts

Edited by hudson bay rules, 03 February 2013 - 05:56 PM.

I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#480 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

Smokers are, by far, the group that faces the most discrimination I've seen. I've never smoked, but damn, people treat neo-nazis and pedophiles with more respect.

I once saw a guy sitting on a bench outside a casino, at least 30 feet from any doors and windows, and this lady walked over to him, started mock-coughing, started an argument with him, and then went to get security to have him removed for "ruining her night." While that's an extreme case, it's not the first time I've seen similar scenarios play out.

How much of a #*)# do you have to be to walk over to someone minding his or her own business and start a fight?

Edited by n00bxQb, 03 February 2013 - 05:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.