The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Smokers..

nux4lyfe

Since this message board is pretty much BC centric your rants have little relevance then. And i would suggest that you not considering visiting given your inflated sense of self entitlement.

And there are even more restrictions on smoking within the City of Vancouver. The Vancouver Park Board has a bylaw in effect Since September 2010 that prohibits people from smoking in the city’s parks, beaches, playgrounds, and golf courses. And Vancouver extends the provincial smoke free buffer zone from three to six meters and includes customer service areas such as food carts, outdoor patios etc (“customer service area” means a partially enclosed or unenclosed area, including a balcony, patio, yard or sidewalk, that is part of or connected to or associated with a business or use in a building or premises that includes the service of food or alcoholic drinks to customers or other persons for consumption on site;) :

(e) within six metres measured on the ground from a point directly below any point of any opening into any building including any door or window that opens or any air intake;

(f) in a customer service area; or

(g) within six metres of the perimeter of a customer service area.

http://former.vancou...ylaws/9535c.PDF

Other municipalities also have rules that may be more restrictive than the BC law.

Metro Vancouver (22 municipalities in the Lower Mainland, one electoral area, and one treaty First Nation ) also introduced a smoking ban in 33 regional parks.

http://www.metrovanc...es/default.aspx

Since this message board is pretty much BC centric your rants have little relevance then. And i would suggest that you not considering visiting given your inflated sense of self entitlement.

And there are even more restrictions on smoking within the City of Vancouver. The Vancouver Park Board has a bylaw in effect Since September 2010 that prohibits people from smoking in the city’s parks, beaches, playgrounds, and golf courses. And Vancouver extends the provincial smoke free buffer zone from three to six meters and includes customer service areas such as food carts, outdoor patios etc (“customer service area” means a partially enclosed or unenclosed area, including a balcony, patio, yard or sidewalk, that is part of or connected to or associated with a business or use in a building or premises that includes the service of food or alcoholic drinks to customers or other persons for consumption on site;) :

(e) within six metres measured on the ground from a point directly below any point of any opening into any building including any door or window that opens or any air intake;

(f) in a customer service area; or

(g) within six metres of the perimeter of a customer service area.

http://former.vancou...ylaws/9535c.PDF

Other municipalities also have rules that may be more restrictive than the BC law.

Metro Vancouver (22 municipalities in the Lower Mainland, one electoral area, and one treaty First Nation ) also introduced a smoking ban in 33 regional parks.

http://www.metrovanc...es/default.aspx

How so? It's a board for fans of a team, not a city. It's populated by people from around the world. The discussion is one of smokers being rude - pretty universal there. What exactly makes you think your statement is called for?

On topic, I think this topic is silly and you should all feel silly. "Smokers" aren't rude people, but some rude people are smokers. Same post could be made for those who don't brush their teeth, drink, wear perfume, etc. Yes, some smokers will stand up wind, and some people don't wash their hands after using the washroom.

I'm not addicted to smoking. But once in a while, it's nice to just smoke a Belmont after writing a 2 hour final.

Smoking kind of gives that incentive to take 6 minutes out of your day, to leave the crowd of people your with, and give yourself some alone time and relax.

I personally do not understand why smokers are getting all of this hatred. Smoking doesn't define a person. If you judge someone based on smoking, what the heck have your parents taught you?

Some of the nicest people I know smoke.

The only jerks I see commonly that smoke with no regard to anybody are homeless people who are walking down the street, and teenagers who think it's so cool hacking darts.

Many places are now considered unsafe in melbourne due to intoxicated people wandering the streets commiting acts of violence , the same cannot be said for the effects of second hand smoke .

What i have been trying to point out is that the negative effects of alcohol consumption touch a greater percentage of people than the negative effects of second hand smoke

With that, there are currently measures in place to address those alcohol related incidents. There are impaired driving charges and other related charges. There are groups like MADD and also 12 step programs, detox centers and rehabilitation - so it's not like it's going unchecked. And now they're doing the same for second hand smoke...recognizing the issues related to it and putting measures in place to address it. I don't really see a problem with that.

It doesn't seem reasonable to overlook one problem because of another.

With that, there are currently measures in place to address those alcohol related incidents. There are impaired driving charges and other related charges. There are groups like MADD and also 12 step programs, detox centers and rehabilitation - so it's not like it's going unchecked. And now they're doing the same for second hand smoke...recognizing the issues related to it and putting measures in place to address it. I don't really see a problem with that.

It doesn't seem reasonable to overlook one problem because of another.

How so? It's a board for fans of a team, not a city. It's populated by people from around the world. The discussion is one of smokers being rude - pretty universal there. What exactly makes you think your statement is called for?

On topic, I think this topic is silly and you should all feel silly. "Smokers" aren't rude people, but some rude people are smokers. Same post could be made for those who don't brush their teeth, drink, wear perfume, etc. Yes, some smokers will stand up wind, and some people don't wash their hands after using the washroom.

At the same time you can tell the kids how dad shows his love when he comes home drunk. Drinking has been the cause of strife through out history. Smoking? Not so much. For your information, it aint the crown in the coffee,it's the two gallons he drank the night before.

At the same time you can tell the kids how dad shows his love when he comes home drunk. Drinking has been the cause of strife through out history. Smoking? Not so much. For your information, it aint the crown in the coffee,it's the two gallons he drank the night before.

Archived