The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 - CDC Sim Connected [PS3 SIM LEAGUE] pt 4(ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS)

DollarAndADream

Shall we Re-boot the league?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I understand the problem, but this situation would happen a lot less, if GMs offered more than 2 years to a top free agent.

Do you think GMs would give out the max salary to a player if they offer them 5 or 6 years? I doubt it, no one wants to handicap their team on one player.

How many teams in this league actually have 40M+ in cap space? I think the only time that has happened was Tor, who left all his UFAs walk. I doubt, even GMs who have 30M in cap, would pay Hall 19m for 5yrs.

Really, this rule only applies to rookies who were left unsigned.

Not saying this isn't a great situation, and I'm impress that you found out this glitch.

It just that it would happen a lot less if GMs gave out the offers that the free agent ask for, and if that means you need to overpay to get him, then do so.

Not saying this isn't a great situation, and I'm impress that you found out this glitch.

It just that it would happen a lot less if GMs gave out the offers that the free agent ask for, and if that means you need to overpay to get him, then do so.

With regards to the new rule,

1.) pm me with the players name in the subject title so it's easy to add up later. It would be best to be done privately rather than publicly. If you don't put the player name in the subject title you are taking the risk that it might get lost in my inbox and I won't see it. Lost responses not clearly labelled are not my responsibility and we will not re-draw.

2.) include the contract length because if the player only signs a one year and you said two or three and you win the draw, then at seasons end you will be required to bid league max on the player for the duration of the contract you confirmed with us you wanted.

3.) if you win and you wanted 2 years and the player signed for 3, then you have the option of accepting the new 3 year contract or opting out of the lottery without penalty.

4.) this rule only applies to ELC of 3.5+ stars (rare) or if you plan on bidding league max on any player.

5.) I will either draw names from a hat or more likely use an online random generator.

6.) I will post the outcome of the draw as soon as its completed.

7.) I will keep the teams who enter the lottery confidential as GMs should not be required to disclose their bidding strategy pre or post lottery. Only the winner will ever be announced.

8.) I will never be in conflict of winning a max salary lottery as I will never have enough cap space to ever offer one.

No two teams will ever give out a max salary to one player, if it's more than 3 or 4 years, trust me. I'm pretty sure GMs in this league are smart enough to not handicap themselves in the long run.

Besides, most teams who have a lot of cap space only have upwards to 20M -30M of cap and I doubt they would want a guy who gets paid 20M a season for 5 or 6 years.

Like I said, this rule only applies to ELC players who are unsigned.

Giving a guy like Hall/Doughty a 2 year contract is very unlikely to happen in real life, so it makes sense to scrap that rule or make it longer (preferably 4 years).

So GMs would stop signing players for only 2 years just to keep their rights.

Archived