Jump to content

Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

NHL 13 - CDC Sim Connected [PS3 SIM LEAGUE] pt 4(ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS)


  • Please log in to reply
2903 replies to this topic

Poll: Shall we Re-boot the league? (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Start the league fresh from the beginning?

  1. Yes (14 votes [70.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 70.00%

  2. No (6 votes [30.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#991 phoenixlipinski

phoenixlipinski

    Comets Regular

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Joined: 14-September 11

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

Ugh. Up 3-1 with 8 minutes left. I am not meant to make the WCF.

If I hold on to make this WCF, I hope it isn't overshadowed by the fact that you got screwed out of a win.
  • 0

~ NHL 13 BE A GM Connected ~

~ CDC Sim Connected - Detroit Red Wings ~

Posted Image


#992 coleman26

coleman26

    Canucks Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Joined: 09-August 12

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

Oh, geez, I didn't mean that. First, I'm 99% sure it was on my end again. The net has been just terrible this week. Second, I know you're not that guy. If it's meant to be, it'll be, but if I lose it's not because of this crash. It's because your team has been outplaying mine and Bachman has been silly.
  • 0

#993 phoenixlipinski

phoenixlipinski

    Comets Regular

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Joined: 14-September 11

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

With Coleman's permission, I went ahead and simmed the 4th game. (After two straight dropped games of course. )

Detroit 1 Colorado 0 OT

David Booth scored the winner 4 mins into overtime.
Series is complete, as the Detroit Red Wings have swept the Colorado Avalanche.

Congratulations to Coleman on another great season, but a few deadline moves and a pesky Bachman, were too much.


Ps, still without Nathan Horton and Joe Pavelski, my top 2 right wingers.

Edited by phoenixlipinski, 24 January 2013 - 12:35 AM.

  • 0

~ NHL 13 BE A GM Connected ~

~ CDC Sim Connected - Detroit Red Wings ~

Posted Image


#994 coleman26

coleman26

    Canucks Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Joined: 09-August 12

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

And congrats to the Red Wings. I watch more than my fair share of games, and it's been a while so I've been so thoroughly dominated. Best of luck in the Conference Finals.
  • 0

#995 FS91

FS91

    Canucks Prospect

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Joined: 21-July 09

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

Calgary vs. Detroit should be a great WCF. I was worried to face Colorado but now am even more worried to face Detroit as they handedly took care of Colorado.

Got a feeling Bachman will be amazing in the series. Hate running into hot goaltenders

Edited by Flying.Skate91, 24 January 2013 - 12:45 AM.

  • 0

#996 FS91

FS91

    Canucks Prospect

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Joined: 21-July 09

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

Hey Lip what's your schedule like tomorrow to watch some games?
  • 0

#997 coleman26

coleman26

    Canucks Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Joined: 09-August 12

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

Yeah, the Wings ain't nothin' to frack with. I'm reeling, it's different when it happens in a sim, but watching my team be picked apart like that was distressing
  • 0

#998 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

    Canucks Franchise Player

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,330 posts
  • Joined: 27-March 07

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

Western:

8 CGY > 2 STL 4-2

6 DET > 4 COL 4-0



Eastern:

7 MTL > 1 FLA 4-3

4 WSH > 6 BOS 4-1




Western Finals:

6 DET VS 8 CGY



Eastern Finals:

4 WSH VS 7 MTL
  • 0

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL


#999 mpt

mpt

    Canucks Star

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,539 posts
  • Joined: 08-November 03

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

If I hold on to make this WCF, I hope it isn't overshadowed by the fact that you got screwed out of a win.


The rule alot of us have been playing with if a game is disconnected when you re-do the sim you re create the same difference in scores at the same point in the game by pulling the goalie.

If he was up 3-1, the next game might be 4-3 at the same point in time, so you make it 5-3 right before that time occurs. A disconnected game shouldn't be ignored. It didn't make a difference this series as the 5th game was still won by Detroit, but it could be very important in other series.

Edited by mpt, 24 January 2013 - 09:26 AM.

  • 0

#1000 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

    Canucks Third-Line

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts
  • Joined: 05-July 09

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

Scoring system
Lose playoffs in Round 1 - 1 point
Lose playoffs in Round 2 - 2 points
Lose playoffs in Round 3 - 4 points
Lose playoffs in Round 4 - 6 points
Win Stanley Cup - 15 points

Win your division - 1 point
Win President's trophy - 1 additional point




Official Standings

  • 53- Posted Image Washington Capitals
  • 40- Posted Image Phoenix Coyotes
  • 35- Posted Image Colorado Avalanche
  • 23- Posted Image Dallas Stars
  • 18- Posted Image St. Louis Blues
  • 17- Posted Image Buffalo Sabres
  • 17- Posted Image Calgary Flames
  • 16- Posted Image Minnesota Wild
  • 16- Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins
  • 15- Posted Image Nashville Predators
  • 15- Posted Image Philadelphia Flyers
  • 14- Posted Image Ottawa Senators
  • 13- Posted Image Carolina Hurricanes
  • 12- Posted Image Columbus Blue Jackets
  • 12- Posted Image New Jersey Devils
  • 10- Posted Image Chicago Blackhawks
  • 9- Posted Image Edmonton Oilers
  • 9- Posted Image Florida Panthers
  • 8- Posted Image Montreal Canadiens
  • 7- Posted Image Anaheim Ducks
  • 7- Posted Image Boston Bruins
  • 7- Posted Image New York Islanders
  • 6- Posted Image New York Rangers
  • 6- Posted Image Tampa Bay Lightning
  • 5- Posted Image Detroit Red Wings
  • 5- Posted Image Toronto Maple Leafs
  • 3- Posted Image Winnipeg Jets
  • 2- Posted Image Los Angeles Kings
  • 2- Posted Image Vancouver Canucks
  • 1- Posted Image San Jose Sharks

Updated Standings

3 Points (PT, Division, 1st Round): EDM
2 Points (Division, 1st Round): STL, PHX, FLA, TOR, NYR
1 Point (1st Round): COL, CHI, DET, CBJ, CGY, WSH, TBL, BOS, MTL, NJD
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Point (2nd Round): STL, CGY, COL, DET, FLA, MTL, WSH, BOS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 Points (3rd Round): DET, CGY, WSH, MTL
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 Points (4th Round):
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9 Points (Stanley Cup Champion):

Edited by n00bxQb, 24 January 2013 - 11:54 AM.

  • 0

#1001 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

    Canucks Third-Line

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts
  • Joined: 05-July 09

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

2020 NHL Entry Draft
  • San Jose Sharks = 48.2% chance @ 1st, 51.8% chance @ 2nd
  • Los Angeles Kings = 18.8% chance @ 1st, 42.0% chance @ 2nd, 39.2% chance @ 3rd
  • Vancouver Canucks = 14.2% chance @ 1st, 56.1% chance @ 3rd, 29.7% chance @ 4th
  • Nashville Predators = 10.7% chance @ 1st, 66.7% chance @ 4th, 22.6% chance @ 5th
  • Winnipeg Jets = 8.1% chance @ 1st, 74.7% chance @ 5th, 17.2% chance @ 6th
  • Minnesota Wild = 6.2% chance @ 2nd, 80.7% chance @ 6th, 13.1% chance @ 7th
  • Ottawa Senators = 4.7% chance @ 3rd, 85.4% chance @ 7th, 9.9% chance @ 8th
  • Dallas Stars = 3.6% chance @ 4th, 89.0% chance @ 8th, 7.4% chance @ 9th
  • NY Islanders = 2.7% chance @ 5th, 91.8% chance @ 9th, 5.5% chance @ 10th
  • Pittsburgh Penguins = 2.1% chance @ 6th, 94.0% chance @ 10th, 3.9% chance @ 11th
  • Buffalo Sabres = 1.5% chance @ 7th, 96.1% chance @ 11th, 2.4% chance @ 12th
  • Philadelphia Flyers = 1.1% chance @ 8th, 97.6% chance @ 12th, 1.3% chance @ 13th
  • Carolina Hurricanes = 0.8% chance @ 9th, 98.7% chance @ 13th, 0.5% chance @ 14th
  • Anaheim Ducks = 0.5% chance @ 10th, 99.5% chance @ 14th
  • New Jersey Devils
  • Boston Bruins
  • Tampa Bay Lightning
  • Columbus Blue Jackets
  • Chicago Blackhawks
  • Colorado Avalanche
  • New York Rangers
  • Toronto Maple Leafs
  • Phoenix Coyotes
  • St. Louis Blues
  • Florida Panthers
  • Edmonton Oilers
  • Conference Finalist
  • Conference Finalist
  • Stanley Cup Finalist
  • Stanley Cup Champion
1st through 14th picks are teams that missed the playoffs. They are entered into a lottery with the lottery winner moving up by up to 4 spots. The percentages of each possible pick are shown above.

15th through 26th picks are teams that were eliminated within the first 2 rounds of the playoffs, in order of their finishing position (worst record picks highest). Division winners always pick last.

27th and 28th picks go to the runner-ups in the Conference Finals (again, order of finishing position and division winners always pick last)

29th goes to the Stanley Cup runner-up and 30th goes to the Stanley Cup Champion.
  • 0

#1002 FS91

FS91

    Canucks Prospect

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Joined: 21-July 09

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

Highest Goals for per game 3.55 (Cgy) going up against lowest goals allowed per game 1.60 (Det) should be interesting
  • 0

#1003 phoenixlipinski

phoenixlipinski

    Comets Regular

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Joined: 14-September 11

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

Calgary, I work til 4 then head to the gym, and should be home at about 7. Will be able to watch then, but will be away from ingame action as I'll be doing other shtuff.
  • 0

~ NHL 13 BE A GM Connected ~

~ CDC Sim Connected - Detroit Red Wings ~

Posted Image


#1004 Tangelos

Tangelos

    Canucks First-Line

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,418 posts
  • Joined: 16-April 12

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

Eastern:

7 MTL > 1 FLA 4-3


:picard:
  • 0
Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#1005 Pure GM

Pure GM

    Comets Prospect

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Joined: 06-September 12

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Two pages back Chicago thanked Mr. T for his dedication to the league. I would also like to thank MPT and Coleman for the time and energy they place into making CDC a World Class GM experience.

Also congrats to the WCF & ECFinalists, enjoy gentlemen!

Stan

Edited by Pure GM, 24 January 2013 - 02:01 PM.

  • 0

#1006 FS91

FS91

    Canucks Prospect

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Joined: 21-July 09

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Calgary, I work til 4 then head to the gym, and should be home at about 7. Will be able to watch then, but will be away from ingame action as I'll be doing other shtuff.

Sounds good
  • 0

#1007 coleman26

coleman26

    Canucks Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Joined: 09-August 12

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

For the record, I was completely aware of the goals trading protocol for dropped games. I believe I gave it up to Calgary once (could be someone else) - I just want to go on record, so DET's win isn't tarnished in any way, that I forwent asking for it because it was my fault we had 2 dropoffs, and DET was dominating me all series. So, please don't hold it against him, the Wings walked over the Avs pretty thoroughly all series. If it had managed to go to 7, I might have asked for it, but in the end, Game 4 wasn't going to be out turnaround. Quick needed to catch that Jeffrey floater in Game 3 for us to have a fighting chance. No, in conclusion, no foul in my eyes.
  • 0

#1008 Mackcanuck

Mackcanuck

    Comets Star

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  • Joined: 06-July 08

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

With both Calgary and Montreal winning it moves Columbus up 2 spots in the draft from 20th to 18th. :rolleyes:
  • 0

kevinbieksa_4622-218x150.jpg


#1009 mpt

mpt

    Canucks Star

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,539 posts
  • Joined: 08-November 03

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

For the record, I was completely aware of the goals trading protocol for dropped games. I believe I gave it up to Calgary once (could be someone else) - I just want to go on record, so DET's win isn't tarnished in any way, that I forwent asking for it because it was my fault we had 2 dropoffs, and DET was dominating me all series. So, please don't hold it against him, the Wings walked over the Avs pretty thoroughly all series. If it had managed to go to 7, I might have asked for it, but in the end, Game 4 wasn't going to be out turnaround. Quick needed to catch that Jeffrey floater in Game 3 for us to have a fighting chance. No, in conclusion, no foul in my eyes.


I also would like to say I wasn't making any accusations I was just letting people know who may not know how to handle these important playoffs mishaps at crucial times.
  • 0

#1010 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

    Canucks Franchise Player

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,330 posts
  • Joined: 27-March 07

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

Two pages back Chicago thanked Mr. T for his dedication to the league. I would also like to thank MPT and Coleman for the time and energy they place into making CDC a World Class GM experience.

Also congrats to the WCF & ECFinalists, enjoy gentlemen!

Stan


Mr. T pities the fool who doesn't want to join this league.
  • 1

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL


#1011 coleman26

coleman26

    Canucks Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Joined: 09-August 12

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Shockingly well played.
  • 1

#1012 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

    Canucks Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts
  • Joined: 19-May 12

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Buffalo still looking for first round picks! Everyone can go except Manny Turnbull and Curtis Lazar. Send your offers!
  • 0
CDC Sim Connected: Nashville GM
LOB (PS3): Boston GM

#1013 phoenixlipinski

phoenixlipinski

    Comets Regular

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Joined: 14-September 11

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Yea I didn't feel an accusations my way. Thanks for a good series Coleman.. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Calgary, I'm running a little late. I am just leaving gym now.

Edited by phoenixlipinski, 25 January 2013 - 12:39 AM.

  • 0

~ NHL 13 BE A GM Connected ~

~ CDC Sim Connected - Detroit Red Wings ~

Posted Image


#1014 FS91

FS91

    Canucks Prospect

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Joined: 21-July 09

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Game 1 of the WCF is underway at the Joe

Cowen presed against the boards behind his net what does he do? kicks it backwords right into the slot to a Det player who puts it past Irving

Kane evens things up late in the 2nd

Booth scores on the PP with 3 to go to gve Det 2-1 lead

Johanssen scores with 44 seconds to go with goalie pulled to tie it up we're headed to OT shots so far after 3 are 48-21 for Detroit Irving is keeping me in it

Detroit takes a well deserved win in game 1 with a goal from Lars Eller

Edited by Flying.Skate91, 24 January 2013 - 09:30 PM.

  • 0

#1015 phoenixlipinski

phoenixlipinski

    Comets Regular

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Joined: 14-September 11

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

Ryan Johansen ties the game with 46 seconds to send it to overtime! Detroit all over Calgary with 48 shots thru regulation.
  • 0

~ NHL 13 BE A GM Connected ~

~ CDC Sim Connected - Detroit Red Wings ~

Posted Image


#1016 phoenixlipinski

phoenixlipinski

    Comets Regular

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Joined: 14-September 11

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

Game 1
Detroit 3 Calgary 2 OT
3 Stars:
1. Irving (53 saves)
2. Bachman (26 saves)
3. Eller (OT winner)
  • 0

~ NHL 13 BE A GM Connected ~

~ CDC Sim Connected - Detroit Red Wings ~

Posted Image


#1017 FS91

FS91

    Canucks Prospect

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Joined: 21-July 09

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Okposo Is back and ready to go for game 2 lineup will be shuffled in an attempt to jump start the team hopefully Irving can keep his play up as well
  • 0

#1018 FS91

FS91

    Canucks Prospect

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Joined: 21-July 09

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Game 2:
  • Okposo making a difference right away with a nice feed to Reinhart who snipes it in 3 minutes in
  • Detroit scores 2 straight one coming from Mueller on the PP with 8 to go in the 1st
Flames are being completley outshot and out played the score is 3-1 but could be much worse. Seems like Detroit has this series under complete control

Irving passes one right to both who puts in an easy gimme. this is brutal to watch know how you feel now Coleman

Edited by Flying.Skate91, 24 January 2013 - 10:00 PM.

  • 0

#1019 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

    Canucks Franchise Player

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,330 posts
  • Joined: 27-March 07

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Game 1
Detroit 3 Calgary 2 OT
3 Stars:
1. Irving (53 saves)
2. Bachman (26 saves)
3. Eller (OT winner)

Wow Detroit was owning. Doubling CGY's shots.
  • 0

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL


#1020 phoenixlipinski

phoenixlipinski

    Comets Regular

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Joined: 14-September 11

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

Game 2:
Detroit 4 Calgary 2
3 Stars:
1. Henrique (1G,1A)
2. Reinhart (2G)
3. Bachman (25 saves)

Shots: 42-27 Detroit.

Edited by phoenixlipinski, 24 January 2013 - 10:20 PM.

  • 0

~ NHL 13 BE A GM Connected ~

~ CDC Sim Connected - Detroit Red Wings ~

Posted Image





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.