Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

NHL 13 - CDC Sim Connected [PS3 SIM LEAGUE] pt 4(ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS)

• Please log in to reply
2903 replies to this topic

Poll: Shall we Re-boot the league? (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Start the league fresh from the beginning?

1. Yes (14 votes [70.00%])

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

2. No (6 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1831 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

Not saying this isn't a great situation, and I'm impress that you found out this glitch.

It just that it would happen a lot less if GMs gave out the offers that the free agent ask for, and if that means you need to overpay to get him, then do so.

How then are we going to monitor to make sure every player is signed for the asking number of years? Are you willing to write down the demands on every player and then follow up afterwards to make sure every player is signed to the number if years they asked for?

n00b's proposal to the BoG makes the most sense because it solves most of the problem, and the easiest to integrate and carry out. Your way will be extremely time consuming and difficult to implement. Unfortunately issues need to be regulated, we can't just use an honour policy; most of us will abide by the rules but some teams would likely still try to get an advantage.

Edited by mpt, 13 February 2013 - 11:41 PM.

#1832 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

The Ottawa Senators have reached an agreement with free agent defenseman Matt Carle on a 1-year, $2.55M contract.

#1833 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

With regards to the new rule,

1.) pm me with the players name in the subject title so it's easy to add up later. It would be best to be done privately rather than publicly. If you don't put the player name in the subject title you are taking the risk that it might get lost in my inbox and I won't see it. Lost responses not clearly labelled are not my responsibility and we will not re-draw.

2.) include the contract length because if the player only signs a one year and you said two or three and you win the draw, then at seasons end you will be required to bid league max on the player for the duration of the contract you confirmed with us you wanted.

3.) if you win and you wanted 2 years and the player signed for 3, then you have the option of accepting the new 3 year contract or opting out of the lottery without penalty.

4.) this rule only applies to ELC of 3.5+ stars (rare) or if you plan on bidding league max on any player.

5.) I will either draw names from a hat or more likely use an online random generator.

6.) I will post the outcome of the draw as soon as its completed.

7.) I will keep the teams who enter the lottery confidential as GMs should not be required to disclose their bidding strategy pre or post lottery. Only the winner will ever be announced.

8.) I will never be in conflict of winning a max salary lottery as I will never have enough cap space to ever offer one.

Edited by mpt, 13 February 2013 - 11:59 PM.

#1834 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

The publicly thing was more for the guys who don't have/use CDC accounts (i.e. EDM, NYR, etc.) so they could post it in the game.

I guess one could always use PSN messages.

Edited by n00bxQb, 13 February 2013 - 11:56 PM.

#1835 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

The publicly thing was more for the guys who don't have/use CDC accounts (i.e. EDM, NYR, etc.) so they could post it in the game.

I guess one could always use PSN messages.

Edmonton has my email, I'm also on Skype at cdccapitals

#1836 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,243 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

It's not hard to remember the asking price for top free agents, considering most of us bid on them, anyways.

30m4j6v.png

#1837 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

It's not hard to remember the asking price for top free agents, considering most of us bid on them, anyways.

That still won't stop the problem as more than 1 team will likely bid maximum value, it will still go to reverse alphabetical order.

ELCs are always 3 years, the solution still isn't there.

You also said only players over 35 or under 77 would be allowed 1 year deals. So every player out of that category has to be given the requested years?

There still is no solution if two teams both offer max value

Edited by mpt, 14 February 2013 - 01:49 AM.

#1838 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

Anyone seen Detroit? His team is still unsigned including both goalies, Henrique among others.

All teams have until tomorrow at 8 pm to re-sign

Edited by mpt, 14 February 2013 - 01:51 AM.

#1839 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,243 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

No two teams will ever give out a max salary to one player, if it's more than 3 or 4 years, trust me. I'm pretty sure GMs in this league are smart enough to not handicap themselves in the long run.

Besides, most teams who have a lot of cap space only have upwards to 20M -30M of cap and I doubt they would want a guy who gets paid 20M a season for 5 or 6 years.

Like I said, this rule only applies to ELC players who are unsigned.

30m4j6v.png

#1840 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,243 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

Giving a guy like Hall/Doughty a 2 year contract is very unlikely to happen in real life, so it makes sense to scrap that rule or make it longer (preferably 4 years).

So GMs would stop signing players for only 2 years just to keep their rights.

30m4j6v.png

#1841 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

Giving a guy like Hall/Doughty a 2 year contract is very unlikely to happen in real life, so it makes sense to scrap that rule or make it longer (preferably 4 years).

So GMs would stop signing players for only 2 years just to keep their rights.

A lot of players only ask for 2 or 3 years. Alzner and Leetch for example have never asked for more than 3 years for any contract to date. So if Doughty asks for 2 years, what will we do then?

So should we try a rule where all players 85 and over must be signed for the years requested and if you are wanting to go to league max you must PM incase two teams both go to league max? I agree that every superstar signing for 2 years is pretty ridiculous

In all honesty these discussions should be held in private rather than public because it will just cause confusion. Once we get some feedback we can set a fix for the solution

Edited by mpt, 14 February 2013 - 02:14 AM.

#1842 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

One of my former leagues does:

90+ OVR = 8 years (Min. 4 years for 35+)
85-89 OVR = Min. 4 years (Min. 2 years for 35+)
80-84 OVR = Min. 2 years (Min. 1 year for 35+)
<80 OVR = Min. 1 year

They still get teams that offer league maximum contracts. Personally, I don't think the 2 year thing is a huge deal. We're 10 seasons in and no one has really complained about it until a rule, that is not related to the 2-year minimum at all, was introduced.

2 years is easy to track. This new rule is for rare circumstances (usually only 1 or 2 players a year). D&D already has his hands full and tracking a tonne of different players with a tonne of different rules will make things a headache for him.

#1843 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

One of my former leagues does:

90+ OVR = 8 years (Min. 4 years for 35+)
85-89 OVR = Min. 4 years (Min. 2 years for 35+)
80-84 OVR = Min. 2 years (Min. 1 year for 35+)
<80 OVR = Min. 1 year

They still get teams that offer league maximum contracts. Personally, I don't think the 2 year thing is a huge deal. We're 10 seasons in and no one has really complained about it until a rule, that is not related to the 2-year minimum at all, was introduced.

2 years is easy to track. This new rule is for rare circumstances (usually only 1 or 2 players a year). D&D already has his hands full and tracking a tonne of different players with a tonne of different rules will make things a headache for him.

and its usually less than 1 or 2 a year. Granlund, Hall, Doughty I think are the only league max players in 9 seasons. We had Nikulin and Brylin were the only 2 ELC players available due to a CPU controlled team.

#1844 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,243 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:18 AM

If Doughty or any superstars wants 2 years, then yes we should have the rule in place.

30m4j6v.png

#1845 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

and its usually less than 1 or 2 a year. Granlund, Hall, Doughty I think are the only league max players in 9 seasons. We had Nikulin and Brylin were the only 2 ELC players available due to a CPU controlled team.

There was also Jussi Kuhta, a 4-star goaltender that SJS accidentally let walk. I signed him w/ TOR and traded him back for a 2nd rounder.

Granlund only had one league maximum bidder as far as I'm aware.

Edited by n00bxQb, 14 February 2013 - 02:21 AM.

#1846 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,433 posts

If Doughty or any superstars wants 2 years, then yes we should have the rule in place.

I say we then make a rule where any player 85 and over must be signed for how many years they ask for, if you are going to bid league max then you need to PM me so incase there is a tie, we can do a lottery. Superstar players will rarely IRL sign short term deals as a UFA.

Does that sound fair?

Edited by mpt, 14 February 2013 - 02:21 AM.

#1847 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,243 posts

I was never a fan of only 2 years. I even told mpt to make it longer when the rule was about to be put in place, because it wasn't realistic.

30m4j6v.png

#1848 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,243 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

I say we then make a rule where any player 85 and over must be signed for how many years they ask for, if you are going to bid league max then you need to PM me so incase there is a tie, we can do a lottery. Superstar players will rarely IRL sign short term deals as a UFA.

Does that sound fair?

Yeah, that would definately stop GMs offering 2 years contracts.

Edited by shiznak, 14 February 2013 - 02:24 AM.

30m4j6v.png

#1849 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

Yeah, that would definately stop GMs offering 2 years contracts.

Im going to make you shiznak in charge of keeping track on which players 84 and over are available and what they are asking for; since you were the motivator for this decision

I feel 84 is a good number as they are the superstars top liners, the other guys are more readily available. There are quite a few 83 and under players and not so many 84 and over. I think that might be the sweet spot.

Edited by mpt, 14 February 2013 - 02:27 AM.

#1850 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

I'd personally just prefer a longer minimum for 84+ OVR guys for simplicity's sake, like 5 years.

Edited by n00bxQb, 14 February 2013 - 02:27 AM.

#1851 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

I'd personally just prefer a longer minimum for 84+ OVR guys for simplicity's sake, like 5 years.

If a player wants a short term deal we shouldn't prevent that from happening.

Alzner and Leetch are both top players and both of them have always asked for 2 or 3 year deals. We shouldn't decline them on that.

Our one year rule still applies, if the player does ask for one, he is obviously just wanting to be rented. All teams must offer 1 year and make him a UFA again the following year. That may actually prevent some teams from bidding on that player when there is another player available wanting a longer contract that the team may prefer.

It gives more thought to it then automatically making it 4 years or solely based on stats.

Edited by mpt, 14 February 2013 - 02:32 AM.

#1852 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,243 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:31 AM

Alzner and Leetch never hit free agency, though.

Signing your own players, isn't really a concern.

30m4j6v.png

#1853 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENT

NEW RULE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY*

All players whom are rated 84 and over whom are available on July 1 or later must be signed to the length of contract that they are asking for.

If you plan on sending a league maximum salary for that desired length, you must PM mpt on cdc or on skype @ cdccapitals with your intention. If there are two or more teams desiring to bid league max, we will hold a random draw to see which team acquires his services due to a glitch in EA giving the player to the team that is the lowest alphabetically. I.E. Washington will always win over Anaheim in a tie.

If the player that is 84 and over is asking for 1 year, all teams can only bid 1 year and our 1 year UFA rule still applies (that player must return to July 1 as a UFA the next season)

Penalties for teams not abiding by the rule have not yet been determined but they will be harsh.

* rule can be modified based on GM feedback

Edited by mpt, 14 February 2013 - 03:14 AM.

#1854 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

Alzner and Leetch never hit free agency, though.

Signing your own players, isn't really a concern.

What i'm saying is superstar players sometimes ask for 2 years so if one does go to July 1 and they ask for 1-3 years we shouldn't force teams to sign them to 4 years as another GM stated. Sometimes players demand short term contracts for whatever reasons so we should afford them that. One instance I remember was Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne signing in Colorado for 1 season

Edited by mpt, 14 February 2013 - 02:45 AM.

#1855 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,763 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:26 AM

NJD re-signs Joonas Jarvinen for 3 years.

Posted Image
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

#1856 FS91

FS91

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

Question: If two Gm's offer same contract now to a 84+ (lets say he wants 4 years at 8.5) and both give him offers of 4 years 9.25 will the team at the end of alphabet still always win this?

#1857 Honeydews

Honeydews

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

Will listen offers for KEssel
Posted ImagePosted Image
Credit to pwnstar for this amazing kesler sig :)

#1858 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

Question: If two Gm's offer same contract now to a 84+ (lets say he wants 4 years at 8.5) and both give him offers of 4 years 9.25 will the team at the end of alphabet still always win this?

Yes. We won't be able to control this aspect.

Edited by mpt, 14 February 2013 - 11:50 AM.

#1859 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

The LA Kings would like to announce that Rick Nash just like in real life is a douchebag. He doesn't want to play in LA either. He turned down 1.5 million over asking price

#1860 WillyFox

WillyFox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

Sweep stackes
GO Canucks GO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.