The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's about time the Canucks employ cheerleaders

RAMBUTANS

You know I respect you and I think you're a fair mid but I totally disagree. It will only feel awkward at first but once we get use to it, I think it's going to work just like it did with the winning teams both in pro sorts as well as amateur. It's working very well in the NCAA.

Cheerleaders seem to "americanize" the game. Theres something about it that just doesn't fit with hockey. If the organization really wanted to bring the noise and atmosphere into the building then all they have to do is lower ticket prices. Make it a viable option for the steel-toe crowd and the families to go see a game.

Cheerleaders seem to "americanize" the game. Theres something about it that just doesn't fit with hockey. If the organization really wanted to bring the noise and atmosphere into the building then all they have to do is lower ticket prices. Make it a viable option for the steel-toe crowd and the families to go see a game.

Aw...crap! :picard: I clicked a Mr. (DIS)Reputable thread.

No. We do not need a crass marketing ploy that caters to the lowest common denominator. So what if other NHL teams have them! What we need is a good damned honest effort at winning the Stanley Cup! Full 100% effort in a "winning situation". We were up 2-0 in the series in 2011. Most important lesson the Canucks need to learn is "don't taunt your opponents before you've done all the work". They handed the momentum of the game back to Boston when Lou opened his damned mouth and sniped at Timmy. When you're up two in a "team that takes 4 takes it all" you have to be f*ng stupid to hand any sort of advantage to the other team.

If you need cheerleaders in hockey to spark your crowd there's something wrong.

I'm pretty sure the Seahawks have great atmosphere and their fans are loud because of it's cheerleaders...

I love looking at attractive women. But I'm there to watch a sport, not look at their pom-poms.

All they really need to do is spruce up the ice cleaners. Cheerleaders are often in markets that need something extra to draw fans to the seats. There is never a problem with that in Van City, full house night after night, even at these ridiculous prices!

Archived