The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's about time the Canucks employ cheerleaders

RAMBUTANS

As I watch the WJC, it dawned on me, this is exactly what the Canucks need to push them over the top. Cheerleaders help fans (especially the robotic suits at the lower levels) enliven their adrenaline. This in turn, makes us louder. Remember Bieksa complaining about the lack of passion of fans? Well, this addresses that.

Before traditionalists gives a howl, let me just stop you right there and say you never progress without change.

Let me give you 2 living examples where this works. Remember the current Stanley Cup Champs? LA Kings? They have them. See the result? Second great example, the perrenial NBA powerhouse, LA Lakers, they have the world famous Laker Girls.

If you need cheerleaders in hockey to spark your crowd there's something wrong.

I'm pretty sure the Seahawks have great atmosphere and their fans are loud because of it's cheerleaders...

I love looking at attractive women. But I'm there to watch a sport, not look at their pom-poms.

If you need cheerleaders in hockey to spark your crowd there's something wrong.

I'm pretty sure the Seahawks have great atmosphere and their fans are loud because of it's cheerleaders...

I love looking at attractive women. But I'm there to watch a sport, not look at their pom-poms.

When I last went to a Canucks game in the lower bowl. There was two guys behind me who showed up in the last 5 minutes of the first period. All they did was talk real estate ALL game long. When I went to a game in the upper bowl. Fans were nuts, loud, and totally into it. In fact they were taunting a poor bugger who was wearing a Kings jersey.

You really think cheerleaders will change people going to games like that with the "suits mentality" in the lower bowl?

When I last went to a Canucks game in the lower bowl. There was two guys behind me who showed up in the last 5 minutes of the first period. All they did was talk real estate ALL game long. When I went to a game in the upper bowl. Fans were nuts, loud, and totally into it. In fact they were taunting a poor bugger who was wearing a Kings jersey.

You really think cheerleaders will change people going to games like that with the "suits mentality" in the lower bowl?

Archived