6 replies to this topic

#1 bobby loocid dreamer

bobby loocid dreamer

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

Everyday this lockout goes on hurts the Devils chances of making one more run and hurts the Canucks as they are primed to win now.

To VAN- Adam Henrique, Johan Hedberg
To NJD- Cory Schneider

Why for VAN- In Vancouver, we are quick to scapegoat our goalies, but I think Luongo is a top 10 goaltender in the league and we should keep him. Also, Schneider undoubtedly has more trade value than Luongo, and trading Schneider allows us to get a game changer like Henrique. Picking up Hedberg gives Lack one more year of seasoning before making the jump to the NHL. Reports are out that Kesler is not close to ready so Henrique fills in that 2nd line center too.

Why for NJD- Every day this lockout goes on, is a day older Marty Brodeur becomes. With no legitimate #1 goalie ready to take the reins, Cory Schneider is that guy. Giving up Henrique hurts but Jersey has proven you can win with an excellent goaltender alone. Share the work for one more season then let Brodeur retire and Schneider be that #1 guy.
Go Batman!

#2 James van Riemsdyk

James van Riemsdyk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

Well I think I like your deal for Henrique but I don't think they'll trade him because he's going to grow as their number 1 center after the loss of Parise. I also don't feel like we need Hedberg I think getting Lack experience is better than getting someone older than Luongo as a back up.
Posted Image
Edmonton Oilers CHL AGM
Edmontion Oilers SRHL Commissioner/GM

#3 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

we actually overpay if we were to trade schnieder i would expect him to be packaged for E kane or a superstar like that

#4 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

I like the idea but jersey is not the ideal partner.
They wont give up henrique or Larsson and neither are guaranteed stars

#5 bobby loocid dreamer

bobby loocid dreamer

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

I like the idea but jersey is not the ideal partner.
They wont give up henrique or Larsson and neither are guaranteed stars

Jersey is exactly the ideal partner.  How many teams have an old starter with nobody ready to be the #1?  Just Jersey.The next sentence you are arguing both sides- they wont give up Henrique or Larsson but neither are guaranteed stars.  Are you saying we should get more or less for Schneider?
Go Batman!

#6 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

I like the idea, of course it's not very likely we trade Schneider. If we do, we would need to make sure the other team is willing to overpay.
If we were to trade him though, this wouldn't be a bad deal. Seeing how Brodeur will likely only play one more year past this season, and they have nobody waiting in the wings to take over, we could be in a position to make them overpay.
Wouldn't mind seeing us get a little bit more in return such as Jon Merrill or, more realistically, Alex Urbom.

Edited by Jägermeister, 30 December 2012 - 04:28 PM.

Posted Image

#7 bobby loocid dreamer

bobby loocid dreamer

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

<p>

I like the idea, of course it's not very likely we trade Schneider.  If we do, we would need to make sure the other team is willing to overpay.
If we were to trade him though, this wouldn't be a bad deal.  Seeing how Brodeur will likely only play one more year past this season, and they have nobody waiting in the wings to take over, we could be in a position to make them overpay.
Wouldn't mind seeing us get a little bit more in return such as Jon Merrill or, more realistically, Alex Urbom.

Realistically, every GMs goal is to buy a player for cheap.  The "easiest" way to do that is buy someone on the brink of a break out prior to breaking out.  Could Schneider be on that brink? Absolutely.  I think that Henrique is too.  Henrique is at a perfect place in his progression where we can get great bang for our buck.  Could we milk a little more out of NJD? Sure.  But not a lot.  In a pure value sense I think its pretty close.  If you look at it from a supply and demand point of view, both teams are supplying each other with something that they demand.Its a win win.
Go Batman!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.