dudeone

US gun owners show off their Christmas 'toys'

• Gun lovers pose with Christmas presents

• Many given semi-automatic weapons

• Staff writers and AAP

• news.com.au

• December 27, 2012

• 4:16PM

http://www.news.com.au/national/us-gun-owners-show-off-their-christmas-toys/story-fndo4eg9-1226543962179

968509-guns-for-christmas.jpg

This man's Yuletide celebrations involved him obtaining a large weapon. Picture: Instagram Source: news.com.au

CHRISTMAS was good for gun owners in the US even after the Newtown school massacre with gun owners posting photos of themselves on social media with their new "toys".

The trend of showing off guns on social media was noticed by The Verge and reported by

The Atlantic Wire.

Despite widespread horror after the

massacre of schoolchildren in Connecticut and calls for stricter gun laws, Christmas Day was a gun fest for many US citizens who happily posed for photos with their weaponry under the Christmas tree.

968485-guns-for-christmas.jpg

A woman poses with the powerful weapon she received for Christmas. Picture: Instagram

Thanks to Instagram we see people standing in front of Christmas trees with their brand new guns. There were also a plethora of pics to be found on Facebook and Twitter.

Firearm sales in the US have sky-rocketed since the Newtown school massacre, as debate over gun control rages and enthusiasts fear certain assault weapons and high-capacity magazines could be banned.

A semi-automatic Bushmaster AR-15 assault rifle was used in the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in which a disturbed local young man shot dead 20 young children, six adults and his mother before taking his own life.

967329-guns-for-christmas.jpg

Hmm, should everyone that owns an assault rifle not be put on a terrorist watch list?

After all, they have the ability to commit mass terror, the same as anyone with a bomb strapped to them. How do we know one of these people isn't a religious extremist, or just a nutball?

Honestly, i wouldn't mind owning a gun like that.

The added security of knowing that you can holdout for awhile in a seige or knowing that you can probably take over your neighborhood is a huge perk.

'Hey, look at my new beamer! '

'Hey, look at my new AK! When the time comes, i'm takin' that new beamer, bud! Hyuk...'

Archived