The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

US gun owners show off their Christmas 'toys'

dudeone

Oh, you mean all those people who think more guns equals a safer society? Well then yes, I do think I know more than they do. The amount of firearms in the US, coupled with the amount of firearm-related deaths is all the proof anyone with an ounce of common sense should need.

However, you mistake my use of the term "Americans". I don't use it in reference to all Americans. There are certainly some Americans capable of coherent thought.

I use the term to indicate that the backwards thinking that you, Electro Rock and the rest of the NRA shills put forth is exclusive to Americans. Nowhere else in the civilized world will you find people that delusional

I possess nothing but common sense. In fact, I'd argue that a desire to limit the amount of and potential for harm of said weapons is the epitome of common sense. But then again, I believe in a safer society, not one where people are granted "rights" that they don't have to earn, or prove they deserve.

And why should I have any respect for a document written in a foreign country over 200 years ago, by people who couldn't possibly have realized the damage it would cause? FTR, I have nothing against the US Constitution, just the way that the US has chosen to interpret the 2nd Amendment.

The thing about "cheerleading" as you put it, it's not something I do often, usually because I'm confident in my own knowledge on most subjects that I comment on. When I come across a thread that is outside my realm of experience, I tend not to post at all.

However, no matter how much I feel I know about a certain subject, I will almost always defer to someone with professional knowledge on a subject. AFAIK, CDC has only one resident lawyer and I would consider it pretty ridiculous for myself, or any other layman to attempt to argue legal matters with him. YMMV

Oh, you mean all those people who think more guns equals a safer society? Well then yes, I do think I know more than they do. The amount of firearms in the US, coupled with the amount of firearm-related deaths is all the proof anyone with an ounce of common sense should need.

However, you mistake my use of the term "Americans". I don't use it in reference to all Americans. There are certainly some Americans capable of coherent thought.

I use the term to indicate that the backwards thinking that you, Electro Rock and the rest of the NRA shills put forth is exclusive to Americans. Nowhere else in the civilized world will you find people that delusional

I possess nothing but common sense. In fact, I'd argue that a desire to limit the amount of and potential for harm of said weapons is the epitome of common sense. But then again, I believe in a safer society, not one where people are granted "rights" that they don't have to earn, or prove they deserve.

And why should I have any respect for a document written in a foreign country over 200 years ago, by people who couldn't possibly have realized the damage it would cause? FTR, I have nothing against the US Constitution, just the way that the US has chosen to interpret the 2nd Amendment.

The thing about "cheerleading" as you put it, it's not something I do often, usually because I'm confident in my own knowledge on most subjects that I comment on. When I come across a thread that is outside my realm of experience, I tend not to post at all.

However, no matter how much I feel I know about a certain subject, I will almost always defer to someone with professional knowledge on a subject. AFAIK, CDC has only one resident lawyer and I would consider it pretty ridiculous for myself, or any other layman to attempt to argue legal matters with him. YMMV

Wetcoaster has no professional knowledge on the US constitution because he believes the second amendment empowers government to bear arms rather than citizens. He isn't the only one either. Wetcoaster is also on the wrong side of SCOTUS judge rulings (until a few conservative judges get replaced) yet most Americans but you and who you agree with are the crazy ones eh? Funny how you respect the Constitution only when you agree with certain parts and the rest be damned. That's why your ilk will not be taken seriously or be given much clout regardless of how powerful or weak the NRA lobby is. Obvious knee jerk is obvious.

I'm not sure what your field is, however, if it were something that took years of study to have a grasp of, you wouldn't get much in the way of debate from me about it. I can't speak for others on this board.

To me, it's really no different than arguing medicine with a doctor. Sure, you can google or go to Web MD for information, but in my mind at least, that doesn't invalidate the years of schooling and the time spent in practice of an actual physician.

Wetcoaster has no professional knowledge on the US constitution because he believes the second amendment empowers government to bear arms rather than citizens. He isn't the only one either. Wetcoaster is also on the wrong side of SCOTUS judge rulings (until a few conservative judges get replaced) yet most Americans but you and who you agree with are the crazy ones eh? Funny how you respect the Constitution only when you agree with certain parts and the rest be damned. That's why your ilk will not be taken seriously or be given much clout regardless of how powerful or weak the NRA lobby is. Obvious knee jerk is obvious.

Thats what lawyers want you to think .

My partner has had dodgy lawyers Rip her and her family off twice , and twice she has beaten them at their own game .

The law is just information , and now we have the internet , that information is available to all .

Archived