The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

US gun owners show off their Christmas 'toys'

dudeone

Why should someone who breaks into your home deserve rights? How am I or anyone supposed to know what someone is going to so when they kick my door in? Am I supposed to call the police and wait for them while the intruder kills my family?

If someone comes in my house with the intent to hurt my family, ill take my chances with a jury.

Why should someone who breaks into your home deserve rights? How am I or anyone supposed to know what someone is going to so when they kick my door in? Am I supposed to call the police and wait for them while the intruder kills my family?

If someone comes in my house with the intent to hurt my family, ill take my chances with a jury.

Shoot first, ask questions later.

The thing with your stupid philosophy is that for every intruder intent on hurting your family, there are ten thousand clowns just trying to steal your tv. And you seem to place so little value on human life---it's a pretty sad commentary on an apparently common American way of thinking.

Again, it's all fear. You guys are so afraid of everything...it's pathetic.

The thing with your stupid philosophy is that for every intruder intent on hurting your family, there are ten thousand clowns just trying to steal your tv. And you seem to place so little value on human life---it's a pretty sad commentary on an apparently common American way of thinking.

so if someone breaks into your home to take your TV, you'll help them unhook it all and carry it to their car? Wouldn't want these innocent intruders to hurt themselves taking your stuff, right?

Sorry, but if a person breaks into my house to take my coffee table.. I'm not going to stop hitting them with my goalie stick till they have to eat all of their meals with a straw for the rest of their lives. Sure that sounds inhumane or cruel, but if I let this jerk get away with 1 thing... I'm going to have to deal with my wife NEVER feeling safe again and freak out over every sound she hears in the house. Sorry, but my families state of mind and emotions are easily worth it.

Your missing the point, sure you might be able to ban assault rifles, but an ordinary hunting rifle can do the same damage.

Guns will never be banned complety, and even if they were it wouldn't be hard to acquire one.

Also it's not a hobby, it's a lifestyle, it's how I put food on my table, and if it came down to it, it's how I would protect my family.

so if someone breaks into your home to take your TV, you'll help them unhook it all and carry it to their car? Wouldn't want these innocent intruders to hurt themselves taking your stuff, right?

Sorry, but if a person breaks into my house to take my coffee table.. I'm not going to stop hitting them with my goalie stick till they have to eat all of their meals with a straw for the rest of their lives. Sure that sounds inhumane or cruel, but if I let this jerk get away with 1 thing... I'm going to have to deal with my wife NEVER feeling safe again and freak out over every sound she hears in the house. Sorry, but my families state of mind and emotions are easily worth it.

I'm not afraid of people breaking into my house.

I said if he has the intent to hurt my family. If he is a punk kid with no weapon, the cops will be called and he will be dealt with. If someone comes into my house with a gun, then that's a different story.

It's not about fear, it's about being prepared for when the police cannot save me or my family.

All my guns and ammo are safely locked up, i transport yhem with trigger locks etc. I don't sleep with a loaded gun under my pillow. I have a German Shepard, I have an alarm system. Locks on my doors etc. I would way rather not even have to go down that road of ever needing to point a firearm at something other then a paper target or an animal I intend to eat.

Hunting and target shooting are my idea of fun, not shooting at another human being.

What world do you guys live in? Who is breaking into your house yo attack your family? Your irrational fear of the boogeyman coming to hurt your family is really weird. I would wager you are a thousand times more likely to die or get injured from your drive to work then you are to get raped in your house by some faceless stranger bent on stealing your jewellery.

What's the harm in being prepared for anything to happen? I'm a gun owner, I use guns to put food on the table. So why not be ready for something even if it had a zero percent chance of happening?

I don't live in this fear of every person being a bad guy comming into my house. If I did I would have 30 foot fences with machine guns mounted on every corner.

I don't own guns for self defence. I own guns for target shooting and hunting. And if it was ever needed I would use them for defence.

Why must people always use the extreme opposite to make some kind of point?? No I wouldn't bake them cookies, but I wouldn't shoot them either. Most people breaking into your house would flee at the first sign of someone being home anyway. The odds of someone breaking in and tying you up a la movies is extremely small.

Archived