The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

US gun owners show off their Christmas 'toys'

dudeone

People on this forum make me sick.

They have no idea about guns and make ignorant comments on the matter. Who cares that those guns are called "assault rifles" they are still semi automatic.

I can go purchase a mini 14 hunting rifle, semi automatic firing .223 rounds the exact same bullet as that ar-15 and shoot it just as fast. Also with full metal jacket bullets that will punch through a Bullet proof vest.

How about an sks firing ak-47 rounds with 30 shot clips.

That's just 2 "hunting" rifles I can go buy at any gun store in BC.

So city slickers that have ZERO idea about guns and believe everything they read should stop commenting. And also saying they have no purpose but to kill people is a retarded statement.

People like to target shoot, go out to the range and blast off a few hundred rounds, it's awesome but it doesn't mean we are red necks who want to kill people.

All the guns used in the recent shootings in the states might not be purchasable in Canada, but anyone with a gun licence can buy a gun that will do as much, or more damage.

I own lots of guns and have lots of ammo, semi auto, shotguns etc. does that mean I'm going to go on a rampage? Nope, it just means I like to hunt and have fun like 95% of people who hve guns.

People on this forum make me sick.

They have no idea about guns and make ignorant comments on the matter. Who cares that those guns are called "assault rifles" they are still semi automatic.

I can go purchase a mini 14 hunting rifle, semi automatic firing .223 rounds the exact same bullet as that ar-15 and shoot it just as fast. Also with full metal jacket bullets that will punch through a Bullet proof vest.

How about an sks firing ak-47 rounds with 30 shot clips.

That's just 2 "hunting" rifles I can go buy at any gun store in BC.

So city slickers that have ZERO idea about guns and believe everything they read should stop commenting. And also saying they have no purpose but to kill people is a retarded statement.

People like to target shoot, go out to the range and blast off a few hundred rounds, it's awesome but it doesn't mean we are red necks who want to kill people.

All the guns used in the recent shootings in the states might not be purchasable in Canada, but anyone with a gun licence can buy a gun that will do as much, or more damage.

I own lots of guns and have lots of ammo, semi auto, shotguns etc. does that mean I'm going to go on a rampage? Nope, it just means I like to hunt and have fun like 95% of people who hve guns.

The only real issue I would have with people getting a gun as a gift is if they were given without the recipient having gone through some sort of process to make sure they were stable enough to have a gun. I doubt that actually happened in some cases.

Well that and the fact that I still have no idea why somebody needs a semi-automatic rifle.

You are so full of knowledge, I love you!

An assault rifle is a weapon made for the soul purpose of killing a large amount of people as fast and efficiently as possible. They usually have high rates of fire and large magazines.

A hunting rife is a weapon designed for... hunting. They usually have low rates of fire and small magazines.

A bullet is deadly no matter what gun it's being fired from but comparing a hunting rife to an assault rifle is just plain stupid.

Archived