The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

US gun owners show off their Christmas 'toys'

dudeone

Let the battle commence: :lol:

http://legisweb.stat...tles/HB0104.htm

Sponsored by: KROEKER

AN ACT relating to firearms; providing that any federal law which attempts to ban a semi-automatic firearm or to limit the size of a magazine of a firearm or other limitation on firearms in this state shall be unenforceable in Wyoming; providing a penalty; and providing for an effective date.

Ban semiautomatic .22s!¡!!!!!!!!

I think that somebody who knew what they were doing could kill 20 unarmed people in a rampage with a reasonably concealable bladed weapon, not a steak knife mind you but something along the lines of a tactical tomahawk, saperka shovel, or Nepalese Kukuri.

Those are all one-hit-kill capable weapons that are used in the elite military context for a reason.

I think that somebody who knew what they were doing could kill 20 unarmed people in a rampage with a reasonably concealable bladed weapon, not a steak knife mind you but something along the lines of a tactical tomahawk, saperka shovel, or Nepalese Kukuri.

Those are all one-hit-kill capable weapons that are used in the elite military context for a reason.

Unfortunately it's going to take a knife wielding maniac actually killing a bunch of people for them to realise how deadly knives are, but keep in mind no amount of logic on the subject will deter the fervent demonising of guns over the mental state of the person wielding it.

Stealth?

And it takes lot of training to kill efficiently with a bladed weapon. The kill ratio is way down and it takes way more time as we saw from an incident that took place at about the same time as the Sandy Hook shootings.

A man wielding a knife stabbed an elderly woman and then 22 children outside an elementary school in China on Friday before being subdued by security guards.

A doctor at Guangshan's hospital of traditional Chinese medicine said that nine students had been admitted, two of which were subsequently transferred to better-equipped hospitals elsewhere in the country. None of the children have died.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/12/14/china-knife-attack-school.html

Any scrote can take an AR-15 style semi-automatic and efficiently dispatch any number of people as we have seen recently.

What I was getting at is, if someone were to put as much preparation into a mass killing (with an easily obtainable melee weapon) as some of these rampage shooters do, they could probably achieve reasonable similar body counts.

I agree that's not going to happen with a butter knife, but we weren't talking about that.

Archived