The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Value Of) Alex Edler to Philadelphia

Pears

Are you trying to compare Weber to Edler? If I said that because Erhoff was let go and Pahlsson was also let go it means that obviously want to spend money on puck moving defenceman or Swedes, would that make sense?

Obviously if Gillis re-signs Edler he won't be traded. People suggesting he would be signed then traded are ridiculous unless they mentioning that as part of the new CBA where teams can retain cap or salary.

/\

This is true. Flyers need a top-pairing D-man desperately.

That said, I doubt we'd be able to pry Couturier out of them. They'll need to send back more salary too. Also, expecting a Ballard buy-out, so we'll definitely need another defenseman.

Coburn + 1st would seem more likely. And that's only at the beginning of the season. If it's just negotiating rights, don't expect much more than what Hamhuis and Ehrhoff were fetching when they were being passed around pre-July 1st.

/\

This is true. Flyers need a top-pairing D-man desperately.

That said, I doubt we'd be able to pry Couturier out of them. They'll need to send back more salary too. Also, expecting a Ballard buy-out, so we'll definitely need another defenseman.

Coburn + 1st would seem more likely. And that's only at the beginning of the season. If it's just negotiating rights, don't expect much more than what Hamhuis and Ehrhoff were fetching when they were being passed around pre-July 1st.

That was actually a proposal I made a while ago and would way rather do that. I used gaunce because of the strong opinions on Philly not willing to give up couturier for edler. Gaunce fills the role of what SC would leave much better for them in the future than Schroeder would and is a more enticing and fair option considering Edlers ufa status.

This is more me giving in a little bit more in fake negotiation with the hard liners saying no way Philly does it.

What do you think about this deal connorfuturegm?

If you are Philly and pretty sure you can sign edler would you consider this deal or do you think you can get better option elsewhere without giving up a bluechip for your future on defense?

That was actually a proposal I made a while ago and would way rather do that. I used gaunce because of the strong opinions on Philly not willing to give up couturier for edler. Gaunce fills the role of what SC would leave much better for them in the future than Schroeder would and is a more enticing and fair option considering Edlers ufa status.

This is more me giving in a little bit more in fake negotiation with the hard liners saying no way Philly does it.

What do you think about this deal connorfuturegm?

If you are Philly and pretty sure you can sign edler would you consider this deal or do you think you can get better option elsewhere without giving up a bluechip for your future on defense?

Not a chance, that isn't a very good comparison. For one, we do not need a 1st or 2nd line center therefore we do not need to consider moving key assets for a glaring hole we do not have. Now lets say henrik mysteriously vanishes, Daniel can't find him anywhere then maybe you gotta look at something like that. Definitely not getzlaf who's been on a serious downward spiral in the last while.

Ok then knowing holmgrens habits, how do you see him fixing his backend with a long term core addition.

Archived