94 replies to this topic

#1 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

Luongo is gonna be hard to move due to his NTC and lengthy contract terms. The teams who want him, and which would be a fit for him, don't really seeem to be keen on giving up the type of players we need in return for our franchise goalie.

CDC has been pummeling us with Eddie Lack propoganda for a few months now so he is almost certainly on his way up to the big club when the season begins, so one of our current goalies will be moved.

It's obviously going to be easier to not only trade Schneider but maximize value on him compared to Luongo.

Also, watching the fake interview in the Shapy thread leads me to believe that it will indeed be Luongo and Lack as Vancouver's new goaltending duo.

So what do you guys think we will be getting in return for the Amazing Schneiderman and which team will he be going to?

I used the search button.

Edited by scottiecanuck, 31 December 2012 - 11:20 AM.

#2 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,833 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

This.Has.Been.Beat.To.Death

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#3 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

Also, watching the fake interview in the Shapy thread leads me to believe that it will indeed be Luongo and Lack as Vancouver's new goaltending duo.

Please explain
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#4 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

Schneider won't be the one who is moved....there is too much fan pressure on Gillis to get Luongo traded.

I also don't know which teams would be willing to pay extra, for a slight upgrade on Luongo.

Luongo alone could fetch us Kadri, and a 1st from TOR. I'd be happy with that. Add in Raymond, or a 2nd/3rd rd pick and we could get Biggs too.

Schneider could get us all of those maybe, but none of Toronto's star players like Gardiner,Phaneuf,Rielly,Lupul, or Kessel. I also don't see Chicago, or Florida giving us any major pieces that Luongo couldn't get us.

IMO, our biggest trading piece would be signing, and trading Edler. St.Louis would give a helluva return for him, and the Islanders have Strome, and Niederreiter. Neiderreiter has been ripping us the AHL lately. Nashville also has good young centres in Colin Wilson, and Austin Watson.

Edited by Zoolander, 31 December 2012 - 11:42 AM.

My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#5 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

Schnieds is going nowhere, nor is Edler. So many people act like building a winner is like NHL 13, trade this guy, trade that guy.

You don't trade a future ALL Star goalie, when you're already moving an aging All Star goalie

You don't trade a young All star defenseman who was a 2nd rd pick that is just starting to emerge.

If you want to compete long term. For a team not very deep in young assets, you don't trade your most experienced, talented younger players.

THINK PLEASE!

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 31 December 2012 - 12:01 PM.

#6 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,235 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

30 pieces of silver?
Posted Image

#7 Tig'ol Bitties

Tig'ol Bitties

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

30 pieces of silver?

I found this very funny.

3Goktj2.jpg

#8 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#9 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

Schneider won't be the one who is moved....there is too much fan pressure on Gillis to get Luongo traded.

Its a good thing MG doesn't listen to fans.... He will trade whoever gives us the best cost/benefit ratio..

Posted Image

#10 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Its a good thing MG doesn't listen to fans.... He will trade whoever gives us the best cost/benefit ratio..

....although Lou has led us to the playoffs , that is not the prize. I believe just about any NHL goalie could ! However, Lou has faltered in the playoffs and thats the problem. He has been inconsistant from game to game. Schneider came in against LA and showed that great goaltending gives you a chance to win. I doubt MG has forgotten that and it seems appearant that they have opted for Schneids going forward. Of course, there is always a chance that an offer might be presented that makes it impossible to turn down, but a lot of teams have asked about Schneids and MG has declined all it seems. I think we will see Schneids as #1 next season. I stated before, I believe a trade for Lou is agreed to in principal awaiting a new CBA.

#11 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

Luongo is gonna be hard to move due to his NTC and lengthy contract terms. The teams who want him, and which would be a fit for him, don't really seeem to be keen on giving up the type of players we need in return for our franchise goalie.

CDC has been pummeling us with Eddie Lack propoganda for a few months now so he is almost certainly on his way up to the big club when the season begins, so one of our current goalies will be moved.

It's obviously going to be easier to not only trade Schneider but maximize value on him compared to Luongo.

So what do you guys think we will be getting in return for the Amazing Schneiderman and which team will he be going to?

I used the search button.

I like the red-head. I actually want Lu to be traded. But just to answer your question, I think 3-early first rounders and 2 blue chip prospects would do it.

The reason being, Schneids is a proven goalie who's excellent technically and a leader. It's very rare to find someone like him.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#12 wizeman

wizeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

This wishful thinking regarding Luongo has got to end. He is finished in Vancouver as a starter.

#13 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,927 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

He will and has already said he is going to trade Lou, wake up.

How did you not get a ban from the mods for that attack on ES?

#14 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

according to the fake season Schneiderman is no where to be found in the league. so i think it would be a gamble to try and trade him if he doesn't want to play in the NHL...

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#15 lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

Please explain

In the interview, which I believe took place sometime in early October 2012, Lu is going on about Lack getting starts and challenging Lu for starts etc. Not much about Schneider is mentioned, other than he is nowhere to be found. I thought it funny they would even have a fake interview and be talkign like that without some reality basis.

MG doesn't care what the fans want, this team would be a disaster if he put much stock into what we are typing on CDC. The only people who have Luongo being traded are fans and media. Luongo's playoff meltdowns would be the reason for trading him, if any, and that didn't happen after 2011. I think Schneider ws given the start in the 2012 LA series as a way to showcase him and give some more credit and trade value, just like they did with Coho.

I wouldn't put money on it but I bet Schneider has played his last game for Vancouver.

#16 lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

He will and has already said he is going to trade Lou, wake up.

source/quote por favor?

#17 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

You have 0 hockey sense.
Did the Canucks resign Schneider to a 4 year deal so they could trade him?
I love Luo, but its time to accept his time here is done.
Posted Image

#18 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,927 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

source/quote por favor?

Really? Wake up, if you need a quote for that then we have problems.

#19 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,746 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

source/quote por favor?

If you were paying attention for the last 8 months you would know Luongo is gonna be traded.

Seriously, everyone that still thinks that for whatever reason Schneider will be traded, stop. Management doesn't trade the back up after he convincingly won the starting job.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#20 lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

You have 0 hockey sense.

Okey dokey. If his time here is done now, why wasn't it done in June of 2011?

I'll accept it either way, Corey or Lu, but I think we may all be in for a surprise when hockey returns.

#21 lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

If you were paying attention for the last 8 months you would know Luongo is gonna be traded.

Seriously, everyone that still thinks that for whatever reason Schneider will be traded, stop. Management doesn't trade the back up after he convincingly won the starting job.

Just because a bunch of bandwagoners and hackjob media speculate a trade, doesn't mean it's gonna happen.
How often does a trade that is rumoured to happen actually happen? Very rarely. When someone gets traded, it almost always catches people off guard and no-one saw it coming.

If Corey had won the starting job, why didn't he start the series?

He didn't win the starting job, he was being showcased at the end of the series so that other teams could see he's not just a flash in the pan and would be able to handle himself in the playoffs.

Edited by scottiecanuck, 31 December 2012 - 06:49 PM.

#22 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,746 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Just because a bunch of bandwagoners and hackjob media speculate a trade, doesn't mean it's gonna happen.
How often does a trade that is rumoured to happen actually happen? Very rarely. When someone gets traded, it almost always catches people off guard and no-one saw it coming.

He didn't win the starting job, he was being showcased so that other teams could see he's not just a flash in the pan and would be able to handle himself in the playoffs.

Dude. You are in serious denial.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#23 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

You have 0 hockey sense.

3 years not 4.

#24 lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

I'm not denying anything.

I am, however, open to the very real possiblities.

#25 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

I'll accept it either way, Corey or Lu, but I think we may all be in for a surprise when hockey returns.

Then perhaps you should get your head checked.

There's a reason Schneider was signed to a 3 year deal. There is a reason Luongo said his time here is done and it's time for him to move on.

Neither of those point to Schneider being shown the door.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 31 December 2012 - 06:45 PM.

zackass.png

#26 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,746 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

I'm not denying anything.

I am, however, open to the very real possiblities.

Saying things like Schneider was being showcased in the playoffs instead of he was playing the games because he won the starting job is pretty serious denial. Schneider is now the #1 goalie in Vancouver because he out-performed and out-played Luongo drastically this season.

#27 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

I agree with you. I've always maintained there is a good chance Schneider gets traded and Luongo stays. Schneiderman doesn't have a NTC so he can be traded to any team in the league. Also he will get a bigger return. There is a good chance Lu wins his starting job back this season and lead the team on a playoff run.

With the new CBA likely to include a clause where Lu's cap hit will count against the cap even if he retires the likelihood of Lu staying increases. The NHL wants the signing team to be responsible for the cap hit. So Canucks would be on the hook for Lu's $ 5.3 mil cap hit if he retires before his contract expires. Not sure if this changed in the latest proposal but either way the cap will count.

#28 lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

Saying things like Schneider was being showcased in the playoffs instead of he was playing the games because he won the starting job is pretty serious denial. Schneider is now the #1 goalie in Vancouver because he out-performed and out-played Luongo drastically this season.

Saying Corey has won the starters position is fantasyland, bud. He started Game 5, I can't remember who started the other four games and the majority of that seasons games, and the finals...whats his name?

Edited by scottiecanuck, 31 December 2012 - 07:15 PM.

#29 lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

Then perhaps you should get your head checked.

There's a reason Schneider was signed to a 3 year deal. There is a reason Luongo said his time here is done and it's time for him to move on.

Neither of those point to Schneider being shown the door.

Schneider is signed for 3 and LU for 10. What's your point?

#30 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

Schneider is signed for 3 and LU for 10. What's your point?

Lu has been notified he is leaving and he himself said that his time here is done and it's time to move on, if that's not a clear indicator Luongo is leaving I don't know what is.

zackass.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.