The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneiderman trade value

Whichever goaltender stays here doesn't matter we will be more than well-off with either one of them, our problem the last 2 years in the playoffs has been OFFENSE. in the last 2 playoff series we've scored 16 goals in 12 games that is absolutely pathetic, whichever goalie will beef up our offense more in a trade is the move they will make.

The way things usually go for the Canucks we'll trade Luongo and then whichever team he ends up on will win the cup and we'll look like tools

great he gave up 4 goals in 3 games, and we still lost 2 of those 3 games. So what was the problem? Offense

I don't care if your goalie is letting in 20 goals if your team can't score it's irrelevant. Look at the Flyers/Penguins this past year that series was ridiculous but because both teams offense's were going it didn't matter if their goalie let in 7 goals in a game cause they went down and scored 8. What was Bryzgalov's GAA for the series like 3+? yet his team still won the series

Canucks scored 2 goals in each of first two games, and with Schneider letting in 1.31 goals in games he played sure would have given us a good chance to win first two. Lou letting in 3 and 4 gave us no chance when scoring is at a premium in playoffs ! La did not score many goals in last 3 games but Quick shut the door, unlike LOU.

^^^^ We need to put an embargo on our 1st round picks, unless we're getting bonafied top 6 in return.

I think this has been a bigger problem:

2007-08 - Last 6 games: 4.59 GAA, 0.837 Sv%

2008-09 - Last 6 games: 3.31 GAA, 0.879 Sv%

2009-10 - Last 6 games: 3.52 GAA, 0.897 Sv%

2010-11 - Last 6 games: 4.12 GAA, 0.864 Sv%

Care to guess whose stats those are?

Canucks scored 2 goals in each of first two games, and with Schneider letting in 1.31 goals in games he played sure would have given us a good chance to win first two. Lou letting in 3 and 4 gave us no chance when scoring is at a premium in playoffs ! La did not score many goals in last 3 games but Quick shut the door, unlike LOU.

you seriously think scoring 2 goals a game is good enough in the playoffs? lol sorry but no, expecting your goalie to have a sub 2.00GAA for the entire playoffs is an unrealistic expectation. Yes I know last year there were 4 goalies with a sub 2.00GAA but that is extremely rare, the year before there was only 1 goalie and the year before that the lowest GAA was 2.46, in fact Niemi won the cup that year with a 2.63GAA because his team could actually put the puck in the net.

Why can't this just end! For the love of god all of this foolish nonsense is torture. What more does a man need to do to shake this cult off his back, he sucks in the playoffs, makes blatant statements that proclaim his desire to move on yet people come up with these homo erotic fantasies of a greasy Italian carrying to Swedish men on his back through the month if June while a red head boston boy watches in defeat. Please god strike me down

Poke my eyes out I have seen enough

you seriously think scoring 2 goals a game is good enough in the playoffs? lol sorry but no, expecting your goalie to have a sub 2.00GAA for the entire playoffs is an unrealistic expectation. Yes I know last year there were 4 goalies with a sub 2.00GAA but that is extremely rare, the year before there was only 1 goalie and the year before that the lowest GAA was 2.46, in fact Niemi won the cup that year with a 2.63GAA because his team could actually put the puck in the net.

the point was....If Schneider had played the two games Lou did...would we have lost? Its possible, based on how Schneids played after Lou's benching , that we might have won one or two. Goals are at a premium in the playoffs and giving up 3 and 4 puts you behind the 8-ball. As for sub 2 gaa , he did it for 3, why not 5...its not a stretch ! He was 1.96 over the season ,so, why not in the playoffs?

During the season he started 28 games which is roughly 1 start every 3 games so roughly what 1 start every 7 or 8 days?, in the playoffs he would be starting every 2nd day so again it's not a very realistic expectation to think he'll be sub 2.00 for the duration of the playoffs with that much more of a load, is it possible? of course. Anyways doesn't really matter either way assumptions can be made both ways all day.

Archived