The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneiderman trade value

Luongo is gonna be hard to move due to his NTC and lengthy contract terms. The teams who want him, and which would be a fit for him, don't really seeem to be keen on giving up the type of players we need in return for our franchise goalie.

CDC has been pummeling us with Eddie Lack propoganda for a few months now so he is almost certainly on his way up to the big club when the season begins, so one of our current goalies will be moved.

It's obviously going to be easier to not only trade Schneider but maximize value on him compared to Luongo.

Also, watching the fake interview in the Shapy thread leads me to believe that it will indeed be Luongo and Lack as Vancouver's new goaltending duo.

So what do you guys think we will be getting in return for the Amazing Schneiderman and which team will he be going to?

I used the search button.

Schneider won't be the one who is moved....there is too much fan pressure on Gillis to get Luongo traded.

I also don't know which teams would be willing to pay extra, for a slight upgrade on Luongo.

Luongo alone could fetch us Kadri, and a 1st from TOR. I'd be happy with that. Add in Raymond, or a 2nd/3rd rd pick and we could get Biggs too.

Schneider could get us all of those maybe, but none of Toronto's star players like Gardiner,Phaneuf,Rielly,Lupul, or Kessel. I also don't see Chicago, or Florida giving us any major pieces that Luongo couldn't get us.

IMO, our biggest trading piece would be signing, and trading Edler. St.Louis would give a helluva return for him, and the Islanders have Strome, and Niederreiter. Neiderreiter has been ripping us the AHL lately. Nashville also has good young centres in Colin Wilson, and Austin Watson.

Schnieds is going nowhere, nor is Edler. So many people act like building a winner is like NHL 13, trade this guy, trade that guy.

You don't trade a future ALL Star goalie, when you're already moving an aging All Star goalie

You don't trade a young All star defenseman who was a 2nd rd pick that is just starting to emerge.

If you want to compete long term. For a team not very deep in young assets, you don't trade your most experienced, talented younger players.

THINK PLEASE!

Luongo is gonna be hard to move due to his NTC and lengthy contract terms. The teams who want him, and which would be a fit for him, don't really seeem to be keen on giving up the type of players we need in return for our franchise goalie.

CDC has been pummeling us with Eddie Lack propoganda for a few months now so he is almost certainly on his way up to the big club when the season begins, so one of our current goalies will be moved.

It's obviously going to be easier to not only trade Schneider but maximize value on him compared to Luongo.

Also, watching the fake interview in the Shapy thread leads me to believe that it will indeed be Luongo and Lack as Vancouver's new goaltending duo.

So what do you guys think we will be getting in return for the Amazing Schneiderman and which team will he be going to?

I used the search button.

Archived