The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneiderman trade value

....although Lou has led us to the playoffs , that is not the prize. I believe just about any NHL goalie could ! However, Lou has faltered in the playoffs and thats the problem. He has been inconsistant from game to game. Schneider came in against LA and showed that great goaltending gives you a chance to win. I doubt MG has forgotten that and it seems appearant that they have opted for Schneids going forward. Of course, there is always a chance that an offer might be presented that makes it impossible to turn down, but a lot of teams have asked about Schneids and MG has declined all it seems. I think we will see Schneids as #1 next season. I stated before, I believe a trade for Lou is agreed to in principal awaiting a new CBA.

schneider and edler are going nowhere, fingnowhere. If we lose Edler and the return isnt massive, Gillis should be fired.

Gillis is a great GM but he has made some bonehead moves. Nonis did 1 good thing while he was here and he did a bunch of crap-traded away tons of draft picks, wasted other draft picks on russians. Burke was so-so, all huff and puff.

Please Gillis, just play t safe, keep schneids, keep eddie and just move Luongo for one good asset,not three mediocre assets.

Please Gillis, just play it safe; keep Luongo and go public to defend the greatest athlete to ever wear a Vacouver uniform, continue to exercise your amazing patience in developing a great goaltending prospect and wait for the calls to pour in and take the best offer at the trade deadline.

Schneider package for a 1D.

Canucks win the Cup.

I would consider Schneider for Leaf's Rielly an absolutely fair deal, as Rielly has not been poisoned by the Leafs world yet. I would also consider Schneider for Columbus' Ryan Murray perfectly fair.

For Schneider you want an established star back in return.

Schneider can easily have 10-12 years in the league as a teams cornerstone piece.

Logan Couture comes to mind. That type of player, however San Jose might be hard pressed to acquire him with the sieve Niemi taking up valuable cap space.

Schneider will get you a Couture level player at the least.

For Schneider you want an established star back in return.

Schneider can easily have 10-12 years in the league as a teams cornerstone piece.

Logan Couture comes to mind. That type of player, however San Jose might be hard pressed to acquire him with the sieve Niemi taking up valuable cap space.

Schneider will get you a Couture level player at the least.

I agree that San Jose needs a Canuck goaltender.

Luongo for Couture.

San Jose has tasted elimination at Luongo's hands year after year.

Niemi to Toronto for who cares what - Kadri to 'replace' Couture...

It hurts San Jose to give up Couture, but they still have Thornton, Pavelski (a 30 goal scorer) for their second line, and pick up the much vaunted (on CDC anyway) Nazem Kadri, and still have Handzus for their 3rd line.

Just because a bunch of bandwagoners and hackjob media speculate a trade, doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

How often does a trade that is rumoured to happen actually happen? Very rarely. When someone gets traded, it almost always catches people off guard and no-one saw it coming.

If Corey had won the starting job, why didn't he start the series?

He didn't win the starting job, he was being showcased at the end of the series so that other teams could see he's not just a flash in the pan and would be able to handle himself in the playoffs.

Please Gillis, just play it safe; keep Luongo and go public to defend the greatest athlete to ever wear a Vacouver uniform, continue to exercise your amazing patience in developing a great goaltending prospect and wait for the calls to pour in and take the best offer at the trade deadline.

Schneider package for a 1D.

Canucks win the Cup.

I would consider Schneider for Leaf's Rielly an absolutely fair deal, as Rielly has not been poisoned by the Leafs world yet. I would also consider Schneider for Columbus' Ryan Murray perfectly fair.

Whichever goaltender stays here doesn't matter we will be more than well-off with either one of them, our problem the last 2 years in the playoffs has been OFFENSE. in the last 2 playoff series we've scored 16 goals in 12 games that is absolutely pathetic, whichever goalie will beef up our offense more in a trade is the move they will make.

The way things usually go for the Canucks we'll trade Luongo and then whichever team he ends up on will win the cup and we'll look like tools

Whichever goaltender stays here doesn't matter we will be more than well-off with either one of them, our problem the last 2 years in the playoffs has been OFFENSE. in the last 2 playoff series we've scored 16 goals in 12 games that is absolutely pathetic, whichever goalie will beef up our offense more in a trade is the move they will make.

The way things usually go for the Canucks we'll trade Luongo and then whichever team he ends up on will win the cup and we'll look like tools

...well..your ace goalie gives up 7 goals has a SP of .891...not going to win with him are you? On the flip side, your so-called backup, gives up only 4 goals in 3 games and has an SP of .960...so, LA didn;t score a lot on Schneider. Maybe if we had started Schneider we would not have been in a 0-2 hole...just maybe?

Archived