94 replies to this topic

#61 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

Do you realize the situation of keeping Luongo becomes toxic every year?

It's the "fans" and the media that are toxic.

#62 lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

Whichever goaltender stays here doesn't matter we will be more than well-off with either one of them, our problem the last 2 years in the playoffs has been OFFENSE. in the last 2 playoff series we've scored 16 goals in 12 games that is absolutely pathetic, whichever goalie will beef up our offense more in a trade is the move they will make.

The way things usually go for the Canucks we'll trade Luongo and then whichever team he ends up on will win the cup and we'll look like tools

I think toughness was more of a problem. We have the skill, just no muscle to support the skill.

#63 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

I think toughness was more of a problem. We have the skill, just no muscle to support the skill.

I think this has been a bigger problem:

2007-08 - Last 6 games: 4.59 GAA, 0.837 Sv%
2008-09 - Last 6 games: 3.31 GAA, 0.879 Sv%
2009-10 - Last 6 games: 3.52 GAA, 0.897 Sv%
2010-11 - Last 6 games: 4.12 GAA, 0.864 Sv%

Care to guess whose stats those are?
Posted Image

#64 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

great he gave up 4 goals in 3 games, and we still lost 2 of those 3 games. So what was the problem? Offense

I don't care if your goalie is letting in 20 goals if your team can't score it's irrelevant. Look at the Flyers/Penguins this past year that series was ridiculous but because both teams offense's were going it didn't matter if their goalie let in 7 goals in a game cause they went down and scored 8. What was Bryzgalov's GAA for the series like 3+? yet his team still won the series

Canucks scored 2 goals in each of first two games, and with Schneider letting in 1.31 goals in games he played sure would have given us a good chance to win first two. Lou letting in 3 and 4 gave us no chance when scoring is at a premium in playoffs ! La did not score many goals in last 3 games but Quick shut the door, unlike LOU.

#65 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Canucks scored 2 goals in each of first two games, and with Schneider letting in 1.31 goals in games he played sure would have given us a good chance to win first two. Lou letting in 3 and 4 gave us no chance when scoring is at a premium in playoffs ! La did not score many goals in last 3 games but Quick shut the door, unlike LOU.

The technicality of goaltending.

#66 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

VAN
Phaneuf
Rielly

TOR
Schneider
Ballard
Raymond
2 x 1st

#67 lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

^^^^ We need to put an embargo on our 1st round picks, unless we're getting bonafied top 6 in return.

I think this has been a bigger problem:

2007-08 - Last 6 games: 4.59 GAA, 0.837 Sv%
2008-09 - Last 6 games: 3.31 GAA, 0.879 Sv%
2009-10 - Last 6 games: 3.52 GAA, 0.897 Sv%
2010-11 - Last 6 games: 4.12 GAA, 0.864 Sv%

Care to guess whose stats those are?

Ouch. Dan Cloutier?

#68 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

of which you have no understanding, but, being a self proclaimed university intellect, maybe you can do the arithmetic !!

#69 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

VAN
Phaneuf
Rielly

TOR
Schneider
Ballard
Raymond
2 x 1st

excuse me while i vomit in my mouth
schneider and 2 firsts- that is a lot of youth to give up -schneider is more valuable than reilly and we dont need phaneuf, we can sign edler to less than phaneuf makes and he is better anyway, 6th in league scoring for a d man says hi

#70 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

ONLY if Edler will not resign

Trade 1:

Schneider
ballard
Raymond
Rodin

for

Reilly
Phaneuf

Trade 2

Edler
Schroeder
Cannauton (expendable now that we have Reilly)

for

Couturier
Simmonds

#71 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Simmonds
Higgins Couturier Hansen
Manny Lappy Kassian

Phaneuf Hamhuis
Bieksa Tanev
Reilly Garrison

Luongo- yikes!!!
Lack

Edited by eretz canucks, 03 January 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#72 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

Ouch.       Dan Cloutier?

:)
Posted Image

#73 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

you seriously think scoring 2 goals a game is good enough in the playoffs? lol sorry but no, expecting your goalie to have a sub 2.00GAA for the entire playoffs is an unrealistic expectation. Yes I know last year there were 4 goalies with a sub 2.00GAA but that is extremely rare, the year before there was only 1 goalie and the year before that the lowest GAA was 2.46, in fact Niemi won the cup that year with a 2.63GAA because his team could actually put the puck in the net.

#74 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

you seriously think scoring 2 goals a game is good enough in the playoffs? lol sorry but no, expecting your goalie to have a sub 2.00GAA for the entire playoffs is an unrealistic expectation. Yes I know last year there were 4 goalies with a sub 2.00GAA but that is extremely rare, the year before there was only 1 goalie and the year before that the lowest GAA was 2.46, in fact Niemi won the cup that year with a 2.63GAA because his team could actually put the puck in the net.

the point was....If Schneider had played the two games Lou did...would we have lost? Its possible, based on how Schneids played after Lou's benching , that we might have won one or two. Goals are at a premium in the playoffs and giving up 3 and 4 puts you behind the 8-ball. As for sub 2 gaa , he did it for 3, why not 5...its not a stretch ! He was 1.96 over the season ,so, why not in the playoffs?

#75 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

Why can't this just end! For the love of god all of this foolish nonsense is torture. What more does a man need to do to shake this cult off his back, he sucks in the playoffs, makes blatant statements that proclaim his desire to move on yet people come up with these homo erotic fantasies of a greasy Italian carrying to Swedish men on his back through the month if June while a red head boston boy watches in defeat. Please god strike me down
Poke my eyes out I have seen enough

This made me laugh. Well said my friend and I couldn't agree more, +1.

#76 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

This board will not support such sound, logical, sense-making posts. It goes against the tiny mind of the trend-buying masses.

#77 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

DP

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 03 January 2013 - 07:05 PM.

#78 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

This board will not support such sound, logical, sense-making posts. It goes against the tiny mind of the trend-buying masses.

don;t sell yourself short 101

#79 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

the point was....If Schneider had played the two games Lou did...would we have lost? Its possible, based on how Schneids played after Lou's benching , that we might have won one or two. Goals are at a premium in the playoffs and giving up 3 and 4 puts you behind the 8-ball. As for sub 2 gaa , he did it for 3, why not 5...its not a stretch ! He was 1.96 over the season ,so, why not in the playoffs?

During the season he started 28 games which is roughly 1 start every 3 games so roughly what 1 start every 7 or 8 days?, in the playoffs he would be starting every 2nd day so again it's not a very realistic expectation to think he'll be sub 2.00 for the duration of the playoffs with that much more of a load, is it possible? of course. Anyways doesn't really matter either way assumptions can be made both ways all day.

Edited by Primus099, 03 January 2013 - 08:18 PM.

#80 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

During the season he started 28 games which is roughly 1 start every 3 games so roughly what 1 start every 7 or 8 days?, in the playoffs he would be starting every 2nd day so again it's not a very realistic expectation to think he'll be sub 2.00 for the duration of the playoffs with that much more of a load, is it possible? of course. Anyways doesn't really matter either way assumptions can be made both ways all day.

I agree. its just a point of view and we will never know. I will add however, that playing often and getting into a rythem is much easier than to play once every 7 or 8 days. Thats from years of personal experience !

#81 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

I agree. its just a point of view and we will never know. I will add however, that playing often and getting into a rythem is much easier than to play once every 7 or 8 days. Thats from years of personal experience !

Yes! 40 years of goaltending and the technicality of goaltending!

Yes!

#82 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,495 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

VAN
Phaneuf
Rielly

TOR
Schneider
Ballard
Raymond
2 x 1st

The trend buying masses say DUH.
And what happened to all the Gardiner nut-huggers?
Reilly is the new flavour of the week.
Do trend buying masses swallow Burke's blueline hype?
The proof is in the pudding. Bllllllahhhh.

Edited by oldnews, 03 January 2013 - 09:03 PM.

#83 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Yes! 40 years of goaltending and the technicality of goaltending!

Yes!

Finally you get it ! About time I'd say :)

#84 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Probably Not A Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

Smurf, you've got to be the most ignorant person on these boards.

Just leave, please.
Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#85 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

Smurf, you've got to be the most ignorant person on these boards.

Just leave, please.

Definition of ignorant...lacking knowledge in a particular subject !! Sorry, Goaltending I know. I don;t profess to have a knowledge in other areas...there..I'm ignorant !

#86 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

• Members
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

Holy crap you're annoying.

Edited by TrueStory, 04 January 2013 - 02:03 AM.

Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#87 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

Holy crap you're annoying.

why not add something constructive to the thread as apposed to personal attacks .

#88 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

• Members
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

Maybe because if I propose anything of equal value that doesn't include raymond/crap tier prospects/ballard and a pick people will say we're overpaying?

Any ways - I've always been a huge fan of Bobby Luo, as most of you might have seen my thread: http://forum.canucks...roberto-luongo/

I believe we'd be better off trading schneids as he brings more value to the table, and will bring more back to us if we really want to win when the lockouts ends. If we rip the Leafs, or whoever off in a deal, then it's whatevs.

also > this censoring.
Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#89 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Maybe because if I propose anything of equal value that doesn't include raymond/crap tier prospects/ballard and a pick people will say we're overpaying?

Any ways - I've always been a huge fan of Bobby Luo, as most of you might have seen my thread: http://forum.canucks...roberto-luongo/

I believe we'd be better off trading schneids as he brings more value to the table, and will bring more back to us if we really want to win when the lockouts ends. If we rip the Leafs, or whoever off in a deal, then it's whatevs.

also > this censoring.

I also believe this the right course of action.

Concerning Smurf47:

It is better to know a little about everything than everything about little.

He's getting there. You see him venturing into other subjects slowly but surely.

#90 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

I also believe this the right course of action.

Concerning Smurf47:

It is better to know a little about everything than everything about little.

He's getting there. You see him venturing into other subjects slowly but surely.

Thank you GHL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.