The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Multiple Warning Signs Surrounding Zack Kassian

King of the ES

"And while it's nice that he does seem willing to throw the body, at times, and drop the gloves, at times, I really hope that we didn't trade Cody Hodgson for a bottom-six goon that will be lucky to get 5 - 10 goals per year in limited minutes." King

Prior to Kassian's placement with two of the league's superstars I think this sentiment is fair.

Nobody here knew how Zach would respond in the NHL,especially after being benched at the AHL level.

In tonight's game Hansen was placed with the twins ,which seemed to wake up Kassian.Up until that point in time he was not standing out.

"And while it's nice that he does seem willing to throw the body, at times, and drop the gloves, at times, I really hope that we didn't trade Cody Hodgson for a bottom-six goon that will be lucky to get 5 - 10 goals per year in limited minutes." King

Prior to Kassian's placement with two of the league's superstars I think this sentiment is fair.

Nobody here knew how Zach would respond in the NHL,especially after being benched at the AHL level.

In tonight's game Hansen was placed with the twins ,which seemed to wake up Kassian.Up until that point in time he was not standing out.

wait, your are saying that nobody here knows how Kass will respond in the NHL, but it's fair to call him a bottom 6 goon who is lucky to get 5-10 goals a year?

for a minute i thought you were trolling

wait, your are saying that nobody here knows how Kass will respond in the NHL, but it's fair to call him a bottom 6 goon who is lucky to get 5-10 goals a year?

for a minute i thought you were trolling

"I really hope that we didn't trade Cody Hodgson for a bottom-six goon..." King

To be fair we would note that he said " I really hope we did not trade what is now a top six NHL forward for a bottom six role player."

I see nothing wrong with expressing that sentiment.

For a minute I thought you were trolling.

To be fair we would note that he said " I really hope we did not trade what is now a top six NHL forward for a bottom six role player."

King did jump the gun.

He was unfair in that he was suggesting he feels Kassian wouldn't live up to what the fans who were more informed knew he could. And it's clear he has been unfair in his judgment of Kassian prior to the Edmonton game. And not sure how long the ban was but it was just a timeout it wasn't a serious one, i get the hunch he is ducking everyone out to avoid the flaming he would get and so that he wouldn't have to admit he was undeniably wrong, as Kassian has probably been our best player thus-far.

If he had been fair and was actually trying to make a point rather than aggravate people then it's understandable, but that didn't seem to be his M-O.

you're the troll and be quiet.

My god people, the guy scored one goal and all of a sudden he's a superstar and the OP is wrong.

Does no one remember how much fail he was last year? He did jack squat and in fact, there were a couple of times where he fracked things up for the team.

This seems to happen all the time. We get a fail player, a fan makes a thread outlining his fail, all the people agree with him then a few years down the line where they finally score a goal people bump back up the old thread to flame the OP about how wrong he was 5 years ago.

You guys aren't much better than the so called "bandwagoners" that you hate. There was the Rome bandwagon last year... well whatever happened to that? Yea that's right. Nothing. Fail as always.

My god people, the guy scored one goal and all of a sudden he's a superstar and the OP is wrong.

Does no one remember how much fail he was last year? He did jack squat and in fact, there were a couple of times where he fracked things up for the team.

This seems to happen all the time. We get a fail player, a fan makes a thread outlining his fail, all the people agree with him then a few years down the line where they finally score a goal people bump back up the old thread to flame the OP about how wrong he was 5 years ago.

You guys aren't much better than the so called "bandwagoners" that you hate. There was the Rome bandwagon last year... well whatever happened to that? Yea that's right. Nothing. Fail as always.

In a sense the op is wrong. He has complained about not giving prospects a chance and yet is willing to pass judgement on one with out giving him the chance. His problem is it isn't the prospect he wanted getting the chance.

Hey, whose lips are those on the King's butt?

Does anyone else feel that Kassians IQ without the puck doesn't seem that great? Feels like he's floating in the wrong areas most of the time.

As long as a prospect doesn't stand out in a negative way he's had a good game. He had 3 hits, drew a penalty, and scored a goal without any glaring errors. That sounds like a pretty good for a prospect to me.

Archived