The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Multiple Warning Signs Surrounding Zack Kassian

King of the ES

Cherry shares his advice for Zack Kassian on 'Coaches corner'.

Apparently has very little idea what kind of player this young man is.

Figures Zack shouldn't start thinking he's Guy Lafleur.

"Remember why you're there" Cherry tells him (ie. to play Semenko for the Twins).

:rolleyes:

No?

We all know he is put there so people don't frack with the twins.

King of ES wasn't a troll. He sure did like to stir up some sh/t, not to mention bold predictions, but I read enough of his posts to be convinced he wasn't trolling. Quite the opposite, he struck me as someone who's heavily invested but doesn't like where the team is heading over the past few years or so.

Honestly though, even if he is a troll I'd rather read more of his tough love negativity than a number of the one-liner, grammatically piss-poor grandstanders that blanket these boards after a win.

No?

We all know he is put there so people don't frack with the twins.

Really?

I don't know that.

Imo he's there to be to the twins what Bertuzzi was to Naslund and Morrison, and that wasn't simply some kind of protection/enforcer. The idea that Kassian is a Semenko to the Gretzky twins is a reduction of the kind of player he is. It's Cherry in simpleton mode.

He's there to be Guy Lafleur as much as he is Semenko. Crap advice from Grapes. The young guy should go ahead and continue to fill the net - and bust a nose when he needs to - but he's not here to score 5 to 10 goals a season.

Kassian was put on the line cuz Burr was placed at 2c.They did it to boost his confidence and it obviously has.

In the last game the commentators on the TEAM were saying Kas was listless.They put out Hansen with the twins.

Kassian has hockey sense and can protect the twins so it is all ok but to think that Kassian will remain with the twins when Burr,Kes and Booth (and another piece if Luo ever gets moved) is kind of wishful thinking.

I can see that he will be inserted for presence and a deterrent and if he has some good chemistry,all the better.

I guess he will contribute second or third line duties,when all injuries are said and done.

King of ES wasn't a troll. He sure did like to stir up some sh/t, not to mention bold predictions, but I read enough of his posts to be convinced he wasn't trolling. Quite the opposite, he struck me as someone who's heavily invested but doesn't like where the team is heading over the past few years or so.

Honestly though, even if he is a troll I'd rather read more of his tough love negativity than a number of the one-liner, grammatically piss-poor grandstanders that blanket these boards after a win.

The gloaters and flamers? They are also known as bandwagoners.

Kassian was put on the line cuz Burr was placed at 2c.They did it to boost his confidence and it obviously has.

In the last game the commentators on the TEAM were saying Kas was listless.They put out Hansen with the twins.

Kassian has hockey sense and can protect the twins so it is all ok but to think that Kassian will remain with the twins when Burr,Kes and Booth (and another piece if Luo ever gets moved) is kind of wishful thinking.

I can see that he will be inserted for presence and a deterrent and if he has some good chemistry,all the better.

I guess he will contribute second or third line duties,when all injuries are said and done.

Actually Kassian was given a shot on the 1st line part way through the Edmonton game, and played well enough in the game to stick on that line, which resulted in Burrows displaced from his role and moved down.

And as long as Kassian plays well, and Burrows doesn't play quite as well as we are used to, Kassian should stay on that line, who ever is playing the best should win as we need to play as well as we can and rack up as many points as well can in this season.

There likely will be no time for experiments so you either prove your worth when given the opportunity or you will get dumped down, as we saw with the Ebbett/Schroeder situation and now Kassian/Burrows.

Check your facts.

Hey you should ask swedish viking if he's going to come in here and talk about how the warning signs he saw seem to be more just him taking things out of context and blowing them out of proportion.

No, he was trolling. Especially in his status updates. I know several other people saw those -- clearly antagonizing.

I also pointed out on how he would criticize Kassian for his dip in production in the AHL, yet being a very strong advocate for Grabner, and he completely failed to acknowledge Grabner himself had a huge dip in production. If ignoring facts against your argument isn't trolling then it certainly should be

Archived