The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Multiple Warning Signs Surrounding Zack Kassian

King of the ES

I believe it was game 2 that he was placed on the 1st line.

When/how/why had he "earned" that spot, at that point?

Oh all this time I thought you were both a troll and a canucks fan who watches games. Turns out I was only half right. Although it is nice to have you back. Without you to say absolutely redonkulous things like this for the other CDC'ers to :picard: , they were turning on each other. Now they will be too busy shaking their heads at your posts to bother arguing with other members.

On a Kassian note, could you imagine if Talon gave in and we got a Lu for Bjugstad trade and in a couple years we would change from being one of the softest teams to a team that would easily man handle any other team. Hell it would be like having 2 Bertuzzi's.

pretty sure he got a chance with the Sedins after burr was on a PK he did good things. so he got a shot at it.

I think it was not so much a Kassian experiment on the first as it was a burrows being top dog on a second/third line. they needed some balance and so far everyone seems to think that putting kass on the number one is working or else i am sure he would not be on that line every game since game 2.

the kid had been nothing but humble and mature , he understands he is a young player getting the opportunity of a lifetime to play with two Elite players on a cup contending team. he is not taking this for granted he even stated that "this opportunity can be taken away just as fast as he was given it" he understands why can't you .

Perhaps it's because his coach has seen far more of his on-ice play and chemistry with certain players than people watching televised games????????????? Fancy that, eh?

So he'd played one game in the public eye before getting his spot, BIG *&%$#*! DEAL. He would never have got that spot if his coach didn't feel he had earned it. Is the substance of your posts directly related to the length of your colon? (Sometimes certainly appears to be) There's playing Devil's Advocate, and then there's less than 24 hours back before the return to troll-like behavior.

Perhaps it's because his coach has seen far more of his on-ice play and chemistry with certain players than people watching televised games????????????? Fancy that, eh?

So he'd played one game in the public eye before getting his spot, BIG *&%$#*! DEAL. He would never have got that spot if his coach didn't feel he had earned it. Is the substance of your posts directly related to the length of your colon? There's playing Devil's Advocate, and then there's less than 24 hours back before the return to troll-like behavior.

Mmm .. excuse me Miz .. I believe the length of one's colon is only important relative to the size of their cranium? .. if you get my drift .. :rolleyes:

This is the new "Burrows do we really need him" thread right here.

We just need to bring back the minus button for this thread :(

"Speechless", yes, but that's because I was banned and unable to post.

I still don't know why so many seem to think that I'm rooting for Kassian to fail. If you actually read the post, I am simply stating concern that his year-over-year production in the AHL had declined. Please explain why this is such a preposterous question to ask.

One thing that I will say, though, is that Zack Kassian's 5 goals come off of just 15 shots. That is a shooting percentage that is simply not sustainable. I would not bet on this hot start continuing, unless he starts to become a lot more involved in the offense than what he's shown to date. Let's be honest - 3 of his 5 goals have been effective empty-netters. Kudos to him for being in the right spot, at the right time, but I expect a significant pullback in his goals as a fan.

Rather than admit you jumped the gun, you have to find something to criticize about.

And you were wrong.

Remember when you said said Kassian sucked, it's clear he doesn't.

You also said you often aren't wrong, and that you think he will only be a 4th line goon, which is already more than right now as a 22 year old.

Even aside from the goals you fail to agknowledge that he has give a long time rival a concussion in a fight, aswell as brought the physical play and fighting to go along with it. Everything we could have hoped.

Your concerns about him not being much at this level have been nothing but completely off base so far.

Last night's goal was an empty-net tap-in, thanks to a perfect pass by Hamhuis.

The one where he scored - at a tough angle, yes - on the PP when Hank dished it to him perfectly, was a wide open net.

And then the goal where the rebound bounced off his chest to his stick (Calgary?), was a wide open net.

Anyway, not to be nit-picky, but these are the facts. 5 goals on 15 shots suggests to me that he's had quite a bit of puck luck to start off the season.

Wow if you contribute Kassian's goals to puck luck, then I would love to hear what you think Cody Hodgson's goals.

One off a skate, one off his glove, then 2 "open nets"

I guess he is getting "puck luck" and actually sucks alot too right??

"Speechless", yes, but that's because I was banned and unable to post.

I still don't know why so many seem to think that I'm rooting for Kassian to fail. If you actually read the post, I am simply stating concern that his year-over-year production in the AHL had declined. Please explain why this is such a preposterous question to ask.

One thing that I will say, though, is that Zack Kassian's 5 goals come off of just 15 shots. That is a shooting percentage that is simply not sustainable. I would not bet on this hot start continuing, unless he starts to become a lot more involved in the offense than what he's shown to date. Let's be honest - 3 of his 5 goals have been effective empty-netters. Kudos to him for being in the right spot, at the right time, but I expect a significant pullback in his goals as a fan.

Are you trolling? Or have you actually gone full retard?

0 of his 5 goals were empty netters, please don't insinuate such a thing again.

Is being in the right place at the right time a bad thing? Do you realize that hockey is not always played with the puck? A large part of it is figuring out where to be without the puck, not all players can do it well nor is it easy. He's done it in spades so far this season, why ignore that?

Most of us are merely observing and giving credit where credit is due, we're not looking in the past, we're not looking into the future, we're watching a young player succeed in the NHL. What you're doing is unnecessarily putting a player down based on your own bias. Whether it be because you really liked Hodgson or you're just not a fan of Kassian, your reasoning makes no sense what so ever.

It's so obvious that you will never give this kid credit no matter what he does. You should be embarrassed.

Another thing which I find curious about Kassian's development to this point (aside from the lack of assists) is that he is at 0 +/-. I suppose this is something to do with the lack of production from the Sedins (or the team in general). Kassian being at "0" +/- and having only 5 points might indicate that he, and the guys on the ice with him, are fairly sound on defense, but I am open to other interpretations.

On the other hand, Hodgson now has 6 points, and plays on a line with guys who have scored 15 and 12 points. Interestingly enough, he is also at 0 +/-. What might this say about his personal defensive play and that of his linemates?

regards,

G.

And while it's nice that he does seem willing to throw the body, at times, and drop the gloves, at times, I really hope that we didn't trade Cody Hodgson for a bottom-six goon that will be lucky to get 5 - 10 goals per year in limited minutes. I'm beginning to wonder if Kassian has a bit of "Kyle Beach" in him; capable of so much, too stupid to realize it and in the penalty box way, way too much.

Who else is concerned?

Just cause you can phrase it as a question doesn't make it less of a statement. Obviously, you won't suck it up and say you were quite obviously talking through your own foot.

Archived