The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Multiple Warning Signs Surrounding Zack Kassian

King of the ES

Guest Gumballthechewy

Kassian doesn't reach double digits in goals this season.

Overrating is retarded.

How much?

How much did King buy you for?

There's playing Devil's Advocate, and then there's less than 24 hours back before the return to troll-like behavior.

If you can't stand the heat, and if somebody having a different opinion than you hurts your feelings too significantly, perhaps you should find some place other than a message board to hang out on.

Someone made a point that Kassian had somehow "earned" his spot with the twins, which I found an interesting way to describe it. Thus far, it's been a successful experiment (from Kassian's perspective, not necessarily Daniel/Henrik/Alex's), but the tale of Zack Kassian ending up on Vancouver's 1st line is not exactly Mike Kostka slugging it out in the AHL until making his NHL debut at 27. Come on.

Rather than admit you jumped the gun, you have to find something to criticize about.

And you were wrong.

Remember when you said said Kassian sucked, it's clear he doesn't.

Nope, I don't remember ever saying that. Care to show me where I did?

Are you actually reading the content of what I write, or are you just seeing what you want to see?

You also said you often aren't wrong, and that you think he will only be a 4th line goon, which is already more than right now as a 22 year old.

Even aside from the goals you fail to agknowledge that he has give a long time rival a concussion in a fight, aswell as brought the physical play and fighting to go along with it. Everything we could have hoped.

Your concerns about him not being much at this level have been nothing but completely off base so far.

Again, wrong. People sure do enjoy putting words in my mouth. I said that I hope - very important word - that we didn't end up trading Cody Hodgson for a 4th line goon. Try reading a little slower next time.

And there's nothing at all wrong with my concerns. They were and are valid. If a guy's production in the minor league has dropped, when it should be getting better, how is that not a concern?!?

Wow if you contribute Kassian's goals to puck luck, then I would love to hear what you think Cody Hodgson's goals.

One off a skate, one off his glove, then 2 "open nets"

I guess he is getting "puck luck" and actually sucks alot too right??

Hodgson's averaging roughly 3.5 shots per game. Kassian's barely averaging 2. Kassian's 5 goals come off of 15 shots. That is a shockingly high SHP that will almost certainly not continue.

Are you actually reading the content of what I write, or are you just seeing what you want to see?

Again, wrong. People sure do enjoy putting words in my mouth. I said that I hope - very important word - that we didn't end up trading Cody Hodgson for a 4th line goon. Try reading a little slower next time.

And there's nothing at all wrong with my concerns. They were and are valid. If a guy's production in the minor league has dropped, when it should be getting better, how is that not a concern?!?

Hodgson's averaging roughly 3.5 shots per game. Kassian's barely averaging 2. Kassian's 5 goals come off of 15 shots. That is a shockingly high SHP that will almost certainly not continue.

Lets look at Hodgson's goals

1st goal: Goes off his foot

2nd goal: Goes off his arm

3rd goal: Came in a 6-3 loss to Carolina so that didn't amount to anything

Now for Kassian's:

1st goal: Went in front of the net and Daniel fed him a sweet pass and he put it home

2nd goal: Puts the puck on net, makes a great effort to get it back and buried his own rebound

3rd goal: Was almost at the goal line where he shot it and it still went in

4th goal: Puck hit him, came down to him and deposited it for the easy goal

5th goal: Got himself open in front of the net, Hamhuis gave him a beautiful pass and he tapped it in with an Avalanche player all over him

Unfortunately for me that would be impossible as the status that you said it in is since long gone.

But I do confirm that you made a status about Cody Hodgson playing better than Zack, and in your replies you asked someone why Zack Kassian sucked. You can deny it all you want but deep down you probably know it's true, I know you will reply with the old "No I don't know what your talking about" but we both know you did.

And it isn't hard to see you are Anti-Kassian with the thread, aswell all the negative posts and status's about the trade that you have made. And now you just don't want to admit it since Kassian is making you look like a fool.

The exact quote was

"I hope that we didn't end up trading Cody Hodgson for a 4th line goon, thought I hope i'm wrong, I'm often not"

Clearly hinting that you thought he would be a be a 4th line goon, you hoped he wouldn't but you thought he would as is clear but the "I hope I'm wrong"

If you thought he was going to be a top 6 forward, why would you have hoped you wrong?

And your concerns may have been valid, but they were ridiculously stupid, as you were just reaching at whatever straws you could grasp to raise a flag about Zack before it was ever determined that a fair judgment could be made. And all this was done without circumstances being taken into consideration.

And judging by your replies to some of the earlier responses (And what you said originally) it was clear you weren't watching many of the Wolves games. Another fail in the logic of your judgment.

Regardless that's all water under the bridge as Zack is playing exceptionally now, and has shown it is the AHL for a reason, not the NHL.

Is that really all you have left to grasp ahold of.

"His shooting percentage won't continue"

Maybe his shooting percentage is higher because he is going to the right areas and doing the right things. And before you say it's the Sedins carrying him (Which it hasn't he has easily been the best of the 3) Cody could never play with the Twins like Kassian does. Not to mention Cody hasn't been the best of the Sabres top 3 and has been benefiting off Vanek's exceptional play. Where as here Kassian has been the best of our top 3.

Also rather than replying to the undeniable fact that Cody's goals have been far more lucky than Zacks, aswell as that he hasn't brought near the physical play or intangibles, you simple try to spin it elsewhere rather than face the music.

Why am I not surprised that you can never say "Fair enough" and actually give credit where credit is due...

Lets look at Hodgson's goals

1st goal: Goes off his foot

2nd goal: Goes off his arm

3rd goal: Came in a 6-3 loss to Carolina so that didn't amount to anything

Now for Kassian's:

1st goal: Went in front of the net and Daniel fed him a sweet pass and he put it home

2nd goal: Puts the puck on net, makes a great effort to get it back and buried his own rebound

3rd goal: Was almost at the goal line where he shot it and it still went in

4th goal: Puck hit him, came down to him and deposited it for the easy goal

5th goal: Got himself open in front of the net, Hamhuis gave him a beautiful pass and he tapped it in with an Avalanche player all over him

Carolina goal was an own net aswell, Ward was down and out, the puck landed on his stick infront of a gaping cage. Simple move to the backhand was all that was needed to assure the shot wouldn't miss.

The bottom line is: kassians goals were from shots, not oopsies.

Kassian all day long bro.

But hey, let's not credit ourselves too much...us armchair jockeys....I suppose we could always ask Ben eager who he'd rather play hockey against.

If you can't stand the heat, and if somebody having a different opinion than you hurts your feelings too significantly, perhaps you should find some place other than a message board to hang out on.

Someone made a point that Kassian had somehow "earned" his spot with the twins, which I found an interesting way to describe it. Thus far, it's been a successful experiment (from Kassian's perspective, not necessarily Daniel/Henrik/Alex's), but the tale of Zack Kassian ending up on Vancouver's 1st line is not exactly Mike Kostka slugging it out in the AHL until making his NHL debut at 27. Come on.

And yet one of your points of contention with Garrison is his age vs his experience in the NHL.

That's called being a hypocrite.

:lol:

Oh sunshine........ I've been here almost 10 years, and if I were going to leave because someone had a dissenting opinion on something, I'd have been gone the first year.Hurt feelings? Can't stand the heat? Please, try another tack, your schtick doesn't work with me.

As I said, the coach of this team sees far more of Kassian's play than you or I do and as such knows whether a player has 'earned' his spot to play with Henrik and Daniel or not. Obviously AV does feel Kassian has earned it as he is playing on that line, is he not?????

Your comment regarding Kassian 'earning' his spot comes off as mere trolling as it is patently clear he has earned his spot as he is playing on the line with H&D. What's not to understand? You appear to pride yourself on this vast hockey knowledge stored up in your brain yet fail to grasp something this simple? Really? Come on, now......

Unfortunately for me that would be impossible as the status that you said it in is since long gone.

But I do confirm that you made a status about Cody Hodgson playing better than Zack, and in your replies you asked someone why Zack Kassian sucked. You can deny it all you want but deep down you probably know it's true, I know you will reply with the old "No I don't know what your talking about" but we both know you did.

And it isn't hard to see you are Anti-Kassian with the thread, aswell all the negative posts and status's about the trade that you have made. And now you just don't want to admit it since Kassian is making you look like a fool.

To be fair...what you just posted is vastly different than saying Kassian sucks. That's the thing with King; he never really says anything. He's implied he dislikes Kassian, he's implied he dislikes Garrison, he's implied that he wants these players to fail while the players they've replaced to succeed. He's implied that he doesn't like Gillis and disagrees with every move he makes. (Well other than Raymond signing which was funny because Raymond went to mediation did he not?) Almost everything with King is implied. Lots of words but nothing said which gives him the opportunity to make you look silly when you claim he's actually said anything.

Honestly..I find him funny as well but you two should have your own sub-forum. I would guess that at least half of the time King quotes someone on here it's quoting one of your responses to him. It's like watching two people who used to date try to have a civil conversation about their relationship.

The exact quote was

"I hope that we didn't end up trading Cody Hodgson for a 4th line goon, thought I hope i'm wrong, I'm often not"

Clearly hinting that you thought he would be a be a 4th line goon, you hoped he wouldn't but you thought he would as is clear but the "I hope I'm wrong"

If you thought he was going to be a top 6 forward, why would you have hoped you wrong?

And your concerns may have been valid, but they were ridiculously stupid, as you were just reaching at whatever straws you could grasp to raise a flag about Zack before it was ever determined that a fair judgment could be made. And all this was done without circumstances being taken into consideration.

And judging by your replies to some of the earlier responses (And what you said originally) it was clear you weren't watching many of the Wolves games. Another fail in the logic of your judgment.

Regardless that's all water under the bridge as Zack is playing exceptionally now, and has shown it is the AHL for a reason, not the NHL.

Is that really all you have left to grasp ahold of.

"His shooting percentage won't continue"

Maybe his shooting percentage is higher because he is going to the right areas and doing the right things. And before you say it's the Sedins carrying him (Which it hasn't he has easily been the best of the 3) Cody could never play with the Twins like Kassian does. Not to mention Cody hasn't been the best of the Sabres top 3 and has been benefiting off Vanek's exceptional play. Where as here Kassian has been the best of our top 3.

Also rather than replying to the undeniable fact that Cody's goals have been far more lucky than Zacks, aswell as that he hasn't brought near the physical play or intangibles, you simple try to spin it elsewhere rather than face the music.

Why am I not surprised that you can never say "Fair enough" and actually give credit where credit is due...

Thank you for putting that into words.

This thread reminds me of how children and childish adults act when their opinion is shown to be complete nonsense.

They don't have the maturity to see past their own pride or own up to having been shown to be wrong... always grasping for the last word... one more issue to prove their opinion WAS well thought out... and made sense...

But guess what... just as childish are the children and adults who pile on and take too much pride for "being right" - I know, cuz I do it sometimes - and it's worth the effort to try to recognize & change those diseased attitudes.

"Don't be afraid to be weak,

Don't be too proud to be strong...." - Enigma from "The Return To Innocence"

Why are people criticizing Kassian when hes playing great on our top line? I'll never understand some of you "Canucks fans". Kid is developing perfectly, gaining confidence, and scoring goals... stop complaining! /thread

It has nothing to do with Kassian really - it's residual whining over the Hodgson trade, and resentment for MG that he sent their idol elsewhere, hoping his decision would result in a failure, vindicating all the moping and whining.

It has nothing to do with Kassian really - it's residual whining over the Hodgson trade, and resentment for MG that he sent their idol elsewhere, hoping his decision would result in a failure, vindicating all the moping and whining.

Says it all .. life goes on .. oh-blah-dee, oh-blah-dah ..

Guest Gumballthechewy

:lol:

Oh sunshine........ I've been here almost 10 years, and if I were going to leave because someone had a dissenting opinion on something, I'd have been gone the first year.Hurt feelings? Can't stand the heat? Please, try another tack, your schtick doesn't work with me.

As I said, the coach of this team sees far more of Kassian's play than you or I do and as such knows whether a player has 'earned' his spot to play with Henrik and Daniel or not. Obviously AV does feel Kassian has earned it as he is playing on that line, is he not?????

Your comment regarding Kassian 'earning' his spot comes off as mere trolling as it is patently clear he has earned his spot as he is playing on the line with H&D. What's not to understand? You appear to pride yourself on this vast hockey knowledge stored up in your brain yet fail to grasp something this simple? Really? Come on, now......

Have I ever told you the definition of insanity? :P

To be fair...what you just posted is vastly different than saying Kassian sucks. That's the thing with King; he never really says anything. He's implied he dislikes Kassian, he's implied he dislikes Garrison, he's implied that he wants these players to fail while the players they've replaced to succeed. He's implied that he doesn't like Gillis and disagrees with every move he makes. (Well other than Raymond signing which was funny because Raymond went to mediation did he not?) Almost everything with King is implied. Lots of words but nothing said which gives him the opportunity to make you look silly when you claim he's actually said anything.

Honestly..I find him funny as well but you two should have your own sub-forum. I would guess that at least half of the time King quotes someone on here it's quoting one of your responses to him. It's like watching two people who used to date try to have a civil conversation about their relationship.

I try to not be that bad.

You do make a point though, he does imply thing so he has a backup in-case what he implies goes south.

Archived