The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Multiple Warning Signs Surrounding Zack Kassian

King of the ES

If you can't stand the heat, and if somebody having a different opinion than you hurts your feelings too significantly, perhaps you should find some place other than a message board to hang out on.

Someone made a point that Kassian had somehow "earned" his spot with the twins, which I found an interesting way to describe it. Thus far, it's been a successful experiment (from Kassian's perspective, not necessarily Daniel/Henrik/Alex's), but the tale of Zack Kassian ending up on Vancouver's 1st line is not exactly Mike Kostka slugging it out in the AHL until making his NHL debut at 27. Come on.

So, you're saying that he... didn't earn it? He got a shot on the top line after a penalty kill and looked good. He's got 5 goals since then. He may not have... earned... his tryout on that line, but he has definitely earned the right to stay there.

Really though.... Do you think ANYONE is fooled by your misdirection? You have no point, so you change the topic. Interesting you mention a Leafs player. That's not the first time I've heard you praise Leafs' players. You're not from... Toronto... are you?

(Notice the misdirection?)

Zack's gotta be the first 7-game "bonafide 1st liner" in history.

And it's also nice to see that you carry no bitterness towards Cody Hodgson.

Nugent-Hopkins, Patrick Kane, Sidney Crosby... list goes on.

The Leafs have never had a 1st liner after 7 games, so I wouldn't expect you to know any.

(More misdirection... oh snap!)

Personally, I would think that AV should have better judgment regarding who is playing well and who isn't than I. He's not only more experienced in all facets of the game, but is also in a better position to judge who's playing well than I am just because he has more exposure to the players.

As for sending Shroeder down earlier, as has been stated several dozen times in many places, that had nothing to do with his play. He was the only person on the team who could be sent down without going through waivers; so it only made sense so send him down, especially as it was at the time when everyone was finalizing rosters and so all the teams were watching the waiver wire.

As for Kassian. He's played well and been getting consistently high minutes. He may have been placed on the Sedin line because other players were tired, but he has stayed there because of his play. AV does not give rookies almost 20 minutes a night unless they are playing well.

Kassian is a beast. He is an emerging dominant power-forward.

He has speed, size, power, vision, creativity, style, great hands, tenacity, a mean streak, an abundance of testosterone, and a likeable personality.

I believe the COHO for Kassian deal will go down in the books as the biggest steal in Canucks History.

Kassian is a beast. He is an emerging dominant power-forward.

He has speed, size, power, vision, creativity, style, great hands, tenacity, a mean streak, an abundance of testosterone, and a likeable personality.

I believe the COHO for Kassian deal will go down in the books as the biggest steal in Canucks History.

Interesting enough, I read a post discussing the Kassian/Hodgson trade on the Buffalo forums where someone suggested that they hoped the Sabres hadn't traded for Barry Pederson...

regards,

G.

Hodgson has his first assist of the season Kassian needs to get one next game to keep pace

idk would be nice if next game he got an assist

hey since were playing chicago he could go for the gordie howe hat-trick

Your wish is his command?

What a gosh dang fine assist it was, too.

I love this kid.

No one can say that they actually expected this type of production from him, but it's quite amazing to watch.

I don't expect him to be almost a point per game player for the rest of the season, as there's bound to be slumps, but he definitely looks like he will have a breakout season.

It reminds me of when Kesler and Burrows were becoming formidable, and it's a very exciting thing to watch.

Kassian is doing really well but he was slotted on to the line due to multiple injuries,not because he 'earned it'.

That is ridiculous to the point of star bursting trolling extraordinaire.

Could be you are devoid of hockey common sense because it is ridicuous to even suggest he 'earned it'.

How,when,where?

Certainly not with his play on this team last season.

He could not even be trusted to be slotted in on the last game of the playoffs - on the fourth line.

Troll la la la la

Which injuries slotted him into Burrows spot?

I love this kid.

No one can say that they actually expected this type of production from him, but it's quite amazing to watch.

I don't expect him to be almost a point per game player for the rest of the season, as there's bound to be slumps, but he definitely looks like he will have a breakout season.

It reminds me of when Kesler and Burrows were becoming formidable, and it's a very exciting thing to watch.

I think he could do even better once the Sedins get it going. He's been the best player on that line so far.

Kassian is doing really well but he was slotted on to the line due to multiple injuries,not because he 'earned it'.

That is ridiculous to the point of star bursting trolling extraordinaire.

Could be you are devoid of hockey common sense because it is ridicuous to even suggest he 'earned it'.

How,when,where?

Certainly not with his play on this team last season.

He could not even be trusted to be slotted in on the last game of the playoffs - on the fourth line.

Troll la la la la

whos injury slot kass into burrows' spot?

that king of es guy is obviously trolling to gather attention, but this guy seems to actually truely believe in what he said... Which is quite scary tbh... It's scary to know that a guy like is walking among us in vancouver.

I suspect that his detractors will insist that Kassian didn't pass but rather he actually took a shot and put it way wide, and that the Canucks were lucky that Edler just happened to be there to shoot the puck in to the net... :P

regards,

G.

Guest Gumballthechewy

What a nice boy, does what he's asked.

post-85781-0-28834700-1359778512_thumb.jpost-85781-0-26087900-1359779247_thumb.j

Yes the warning signs continue for Ogie

BWA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

That's hilarious!

Archived