Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
King of the ES

Multiple Warning Signs Surrounding Zack Kassian

Rate this topic:

1,490 posts in this topic

Not sure what you're trying to say.

The slaughtering of the Canucks by Anaheim in game 1 is what led to Kassian being moved to the first line. It was clear that there just was not enough depth/scoring on this team, which drove AV to move Burrows to a 2C role.

Kassian has seized this opportunity - kudos to him. Whether or not he has "earned" it is a pointless debate.

What I'm trying to get at is a very simple concept. Perhaps you should try reading a little slower.

I'll try to break it down a little bit for you.

So just to clarify you are saying he is earning his keep when he got the opportunity. He got the opportunity on the top line because of the injury to Kesler.

Now most people were pretty sure he was going to be given the opportunity to play a top 6 role, some even figured he would get the role with the Sedins when he was working with them during the lock out.

So given that...why did he get moved into Burrows spot? Was it because he was playing like a "fourth line goon" or because he showed that he may be a good fit for the role?

So given that...why did he get moved into Burrows spot? Was it because he was playing like a "fourth line goon" or because he showed that he may be a good fit for the role?

He got moved into Burrows' spot as an experiment, because AV wanted to spread out the scoring wealth in Kes/Booth's absence by moving a proven scorer, like Burrows (and unlike Kassian), to the second line.

Thus far, he has shown that he may be a good fit for the role. He's shown surprisingly good offensive instincts & patience.

He got moved into Burrows' spot as an experiment, because AV wanted to spread out the scoring wealth in Kes/Booth's absence by moving a proven scorer, like Burrows (and unlike Kassian), to the second line.

Thus far, he has shown that he may be a good fit for the role. He's shown surprisingly good offensive instincts & patience.

And why would he be moved as an experiment as opposed to somebody else like Hansen?

Obviously nobody expected him to be at this level and nobody expects him to stay at this level but most people who really to a hard thought critical look at it him figured he was going to do something good as opposed to insinuating that he was just going to be a fourth line goon.

So again I ask (and I'll put emphasis on the important words this time) why did he get moved into Burrows spot? Was it because he was playing like a "fourth line goon" or because he showed that he may be a good fit for the role?

I can ask the question all day if you 're just going to keep responding without substance.

And why would he be moved as an experiment as opposed to somebody else like Hansen?

Obviously nobody expected him to be at this level and nobody expects him to stay at this level but most people who really to a hard thought critical look at it him figured he was going to do something good as opposed to insinuating that he was just going to be a fourth line goon.

So again I ask (and I'll put emphasis on the important words this time) why did he get moved into Burrows spot? Was it because he was playing like a "fourth line goon" or because he showed that he may be a good fit for the role?

I can ask the question all day if you 're just going to keep responding without substance.

"Insinuating", or asking?

Anyway, Hansen is a known commodity. He has cement hands. Not a 1st-line player. Higgins probably would've worked reasonably well. With Kassian, I would think that they just wanted to give it a shot. Why not? No harm, no risk. Lines can easily be re-adjusted at AV's whim. Good for Zack for capitalizing on the opportunity.

Is that a satisfactory answer for you? Why do you think they chose him? Because of a YouTube highlight clip from his OHL days? Or was it because he was lighting up the AHL with such vigor?

Anyway, Hansen is a known commodity. He has cement hands. Not a 1st-line player. Higgins probably would've worked reasonably well. With Kassian, I would think that they just wanted to give it a shot. Why not? No harm, no risk. Lines can easily be re-adjusted at AV's whim. Good for Zack for capitalizing on the opportunity.

Is that a satisfactory answer for you? Why do you think they chose him? Because of a YouTube highlight clip from his OHL days? Or was it because he was lighting up the AHL with such vigor?

Insinuating via asking half-heartedly.

So why did they pick HIM? Was it a coin flip or did he show them something? Simple question that you haven't answered directly once. So they "know" that Hansen has cement hands according to you so what did they know about Kassian. As far as what there as to lose...the answer is they had games to lose. Games in a shortened season to lose seem pretty important to just "experiment" on without anything to back up the "experiment". So why HIM.

The answer is easy and you know what it is. If you truly haven't said or insinuated that you thought he would be a bust you should just be able to answer the question.

You're one of the only people who are surprised King.

This was exactly why the Canucks went out and got Kassian - there is absolutely nothing surprising about his skill set - he is exactly the same highly coveted player that he has been all along. He showed the exact same patience, instincts, discipline and hockey sense last year as an extremely young player - there was nothing whatsoever "experimental" about playing him with the twins - it's entirely premeditated and was in the cards before Booth's injury - half of us on CDC were looking to see him given a chance in precisely this role.

You're simply backtracking and sidestepping in order to avoid eating the crow that was your hasty and prejudicial evaluation of him.

This was exactly why the Canucks went out and got Kassian - there is absolutely nothing surprising about his skill set - he is exactly the same highly coveted player that he has been all along. He showed the exact same patience, instincts, discipline and hockey sense last year as an extremely young player - there was nothing whatsoever "experimental" about playing him with the twins - it's entirely premeditated and was in the cards before Booth's injury - half of us on CDC were looking to see him given a chance in precisely this role.

So Kadri's "a kid with 7 points" - your words - but Kassian's all of this? OK.

So why did they pick HIM? Was it a coin flip or did he show them something? Simple question that you haven't answered directly once. So they "know" that Hansen has cement hands according to you so what did they know about Kassian. As far as what there as to lose...the answer is they had games to lose. Games in a shortened season to lose seem pretty important to just "experiment" on without anything to back up the "experiment". So why HIM.

Why NOT him?

It's a non-binding decision; therefore, not a very difficult one nor one that carries any sort of real consequences. If Kassian wasn't working, he gets moved, someone else slots in. Pretty simple. I don't think he was put there for really any other reason than to try it.

You've made several statements in this thread that demonstrate trolling.

It needs to stop.

Ban him? Hes done nothing but troll kinda getting annoying now...

The coaches/management of the Nucks have a way bigger picture of a player than the fans have. They see them in practices, the locker room and off ice times during road trips. I suspect that MG has been lookin for a guy like Kass to play on the Sedin line. He knows that they have been somewhat ineffective during the playoffs and needed a new approach. Kass has some great skills and can place himself in front of a goalie and will not be moved. Spending time training with the Sedins is no coincidence either. He may not have been promoted to their line right away, but I think there was every intention of having a look at him on that line. Kass has passed the audition with flying colours and we should all be thrilled about it. How awesome for the Nucks to have two players that can improve the Sedin line!

Edited by higgyfan

The coaches/management of the Nucks have a way bigger picture of a player than the fans have. They see them in practices, the locker room and off ice times during road trips. I suspect that MG has been lookin for a guy like Kass to play on the Sedin line. He knows that they have been somewhat ineffective during the playoffs and needed a new approach. Kass has some great skills and can place himself in front of a goalie and will not be moved. Spending time training with the Sedins is no coincidence either. He may not have been promoted to their line right away, but I think there was every intention of having a look at him on that line. Kass has passed the audition with flying colours and we should all be thrilled about it. How awesome for the Nucks to have two players that can improve the Sedin line!

This exact same thing has been said time and time again in this thread yet ES is continuing to play silly buggers with the continued deflecting and trolling. He. Doesn't. Care. By his own admission, it's a 'pointless debate' yet he started it and continues to push it. And that folks, is plain out trolling behavior.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe

Why NOT him?

It's a non-binding decision; therefore, not a very difficult one nor one that carries any sort of real consequences. If Kassian wasn't working, he gets moved, someone else slots in. Pretty simple. I don't think he was put there for really any other reason than to try it.

So you're honestly saying it's just a random decision?

But I agree with the post earlier, it's time to end this thread. We all know that Kass has a great future ahead of him. Time to except it and move on.

Might as well close the Burrows thread too. <_<

I am "excepting" it and, therefore, leaving it open. ;)

I believe there is enough talk being generated around ZK to warrant a thread to put it in. And this is the one.

At least clutch had the decency to leave and never come back after he embarrassed himself.

King of BS and nuck nit just continue to look, desperately, for ways to criticize Kassian. Its really pathetic that 'fans' of this team will fabricate issues with a player on this team just so that they can prove a point on a message board.

As for the comments about how Kassian had yet to earn an assist (before last night), if you watched a single Wolves game this year, you would have been able to see that Kassian is a great play-maker. He would have put up quite a few more points if his linemates could finish a play.

When he is playing with the Sedins, he understands that his role is to go to the front of the net to create space for the Sedins' area passes.

So Kadri's "a kid with 7 points" - your words - but Kassian's all of this? OK.

Yes King. There is no contradiction there. Rookies with a handful of NHL points are not yet worth more than all star, hall of fame players - it's as simple as that.

Kassian also hasn't spent a bunch of time idling in a shallow system like Toronto, nor is he as limited in the types of roles he can play to be a successful NHL player - Kassian has the additional value of being a much rarer, big, skilled, power forward who can skate and really doesn't have any weak spots to his potential.

Edited by oldnews

Not sure what you're trying to say.

The slaughtering of the Canucks by Anaheim in game 1 is what led to Kassian being moved to the first line. It was clear that there just was not enough depth/scoring on this team, which drove AV to move Burrows to a 2C role.

Kassian has seized this opportunity - kudos to him. Whether or not he has "earned" it is a pointless debate.

Yet you created it......go figure, eh? THAT, sunshine, is trolling.

So happy to know you are in possession of such impressive mind reading skills regarding how/why Kassian was moved to the first line.......quick, what are the next 6/49 numbers to be drawn? :picard:

Hahahaha, that was my exact thought. "Who brought that one up?"

Posing a leading question is one CLEAR CUT example of insinuation.

Sounds like the type of information you are making assumptions from, not the type of sources that management would be limited to.

Why do people still reply to King? Just wasting your day away...

At least clutch had the decency to leave and never come back after he embarrassed himself.

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Dare to dream DbtR