The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Multiple Warning Signs Surrounding Zack Kassian

King of the ES

Since this appears to be the official Kassian thread and ZK and Cody will be forever linked I thought I'd update everyone on Cody's day today. A giant -3. The only checking he does is at the bank.

King of the BS, Kassian is on the first line to give the Sedins the big, tough power forward they have wanted on that line for years. Kassian is young and willing to learn how to play with the Sedins whereas when they tried Bert with them years ago Bert wanted to play his game.

You(King of the BS) keep saying their is an issue with earning the spot. How did he not earn it? Worked out harder than ever during the summer, played quite well at the AHL level and wasn't cut at training camp. He's on the team and his intended role was in the top 9 forwards. Tinkering with the lines is then the coach's responsibility. He choose to put/try Kassian on the first line therefore in his mind(AV & management) he had played well enough to get that shot.

Only on this board do dissenting opinions = "trolling". People just throw that word around even though it has no clear definition.

I like the way Kassian has looked so far, but I'm going to keep my excitement contained until I see him do it for at least two seasons consistently. The overhyping in this board is ridiculous.

you know what is funny? no one is overhyping kassian in this thread, We are just simply responding the op that he's not a life time 3-4 liner with limited icetime and skill.

I would keep my trollish feeling toward Kassian contain until I see him fail for at least two seasons consistently before i can open a thread like this and type in retarded things.

what is funnier is that the op seems to have supporters like you.

Kassian hadn't earned his spot with the twins the way say Burrows or Mike Kostka did.

But he has made the most of his opportunity when he got it, something alot of young players haven't done for us, including Cody.

This opportunity wasn't gift wrapped to him with a million chances (Like say Raymond got last year)

he got a few shifts with the Sedins against EDM, had played well and earned more shifts, then he scored and earned another game to play with them, and so-on and so-on.

He has constantly been earning more time with them. And continues to take complete advantage of this opportunity.

He deserves absolute credit for that.

Only on this board do dissenting opinions = "trolling". People just throw that word around even though it has no clear definition.

I like the way Kassian has looked so far, but I'm going to keep my excitement contained until I see him do it for at least two seasons consistently. The overhyping in this board is ridiculous.

K.

Kassian looked exhausted last night.

(Quote was removed...inappropriate)

Didn't think he looked tired at all. The team is taking a v ery containment approach to their defensive structure this year.......at least early on. Kassian is very good at this and he looked good doing it. Despite his wildman appearance I find that he's a very intelligent, cerebral player.

He has been the most noticeable player on the ice, and for the role he is supposed to play he should be.

We have never had a power forward prospect look as good as he does, and Kassian is the youngest of our power forward experiments. Pyatt and Bernier are the most notable of our big guys that couldn't really learn to play the Bertuzzi type role. It's a good thing that Kassian has looked like he might fill his billing, because we gave up more to get him than our other projects.

With every passing game that he continues to impact the game the way he has, I feel more and more like this is the type of player we can expect to see on a nightly basis. Remember the year Kesler and Burrows broke out? Everyone had to temper their expectations while being excited for the obvious success and transformation. It feels the same way. Cautious optimism seems to be unachievable for some. I guess if you've been bitten by your expectations before then you learn to be pessimistic about everything to avoid being hurt again. I guess I think that hoping and expecting are two different things.

Why do people still reply to King? Just wasting your day away...

Is anyone doing anything other than wasting their day on CDC?

How often are you enlightened by what you read on here?

This is just one of many topics we've beating around with King since the beginning of the off season mostly in the Luongo thread, which at times strayed way off topic. During the off season it was pretty entertaining, and now it's even better cause he's having to defend himself for blatantly insinuating unbridled pessimism that would make a devil's advocate seem like Annie the orphan.

You(King of the BS) keep saying their is an issue with earning the spot. How did he not earn it? Worked out harder than ever during the summer, played quite well at the AHL level and wasn't cut at training camP.

Keeping with your BS and your penchant to denigrate others ,I will pay you the same honor.

Dearest Crapper,every pro works hard in the summer to come in to camp in the best of shape as possible.

Kass was benched at the AHL level and hardly lit it up,although showed much better there than his three minutes he was awarded in the few playoff games he played against LA.

As Kass was not in the best of shape last year but had it finally dawn on him that it might actually be appropriate (as a professional-lol) does not earn one the right to begin on the first line on any team-anywhere.

Kass is on that line due to Kes and Booth hunter injuries.End of story.

Kassian hadn't earned his spot with the twins the way say Burrows ..... did.

But he has made the most of his opportunity when he got it, something alot of young players haven't done for us, including Cody.

First line is the obvious as the Sedins massively struggle without Burr.

Second line shows you are still afflicted with your disease.

First line is the obvious as the Sedins massively struggle without Burr.

Second line shows you are still afflicted with your disease.

Your going to have to expand your thoughts a little more rather than trying to mock me.

The 1st line has been fine, Sedins are both still top 5 in scoring on our team while not having there A game going, thanks to Zack's great play.

And Cody didn't take advantage like Zack did, he was given the opportunity in 10/11 to crack the top 6 but he couldn't do it and lost out to Raffi Torres.

Guest Gumballthechewy

160506064_slide.jpg

Anyone notice the refs face in this picture?

It's like the look on the face of a dog owner when he notices his dog is squatting down about to drop a deuce.

I am not mocking you.

And no,Cody was not put out on a line with the Sedins for five or six games.

Zach has benefitted and the Sedins are struggling massively without Burr.This can not continue and it will not.

The moment Kes gets back ,so does the reunion of one of the league's best lines.

I am not mocking you.

And no,Cody was not put out on a line with the Sedins for five or six games.

Zach has benefitted and the Sedins are struggling massively without Burr.This can not continue and it will not.

The moment Kes gets back ,so does the reunion of one of the league's best lines.

I said top 6, not sedins, Cody was given every opportunity to play on the 2nd line in 10/11 and he couldn't hack it, lost that spot to Torres.

And if the Sedins are not playing well, and they are still producing points, and Zack is leading the forwards in points. So Zack is leading the production for that line, and the Sedins are struggling and your saying Zack has benefitted from the Sedins?? Yet your saying the Sedins are struggling. Your going to have to explain that one.

Oh and Burrows isn't playing on the 2nd line because they need him as a center, he is playing there because Zack is playing better with the Sedins than he was.

Guest Gumballthechewy

every pro works hard in the summer to come in to camp in the best of shape as possible.

You are aware that when you say "every pro" that means every player in the NHL right?

Archived