The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Multiple Warning Signs Surrounding Zack Kassian

King of the ES

His defense has been excellent.

i notice his hand eye is amazing , when a player trys to get a pass off and hes positioned inbetween the two players trying to make the pass , he gets his stick on it and causes a turn over , hes done it a good 4-5 times that ive seen

even schroeder uses his small size to sneak around a player and turn over the puck hes gotten a penalty or two from trying it but hes done it enough to make me realize our rookies are getting developed into great 2 way players

Kassian - third on the Canucks this season with a +14.19 relative corsi - playing on different lines - offensive zone starts are a moderate 53% - very impressive numbers as far as I'm concerned.

I saw that too. It speaks very well of his defensive game. He's spending more time in the O zone, and creating shots while he's there.

i notice his hand eye is amazing , when a player trys to get a pass off and hes positioned inbetween the two players trying to make the pass , he gets his stick on it and causes a turn over , hes done it a good 4-5 times that ive seen

even schroeder uses his small size to sneak around a player and turn over the puck hes gotten a penalty or two from trying it but hes done it enough to make me realize our rookies are getting developed into great 2 way players

Yeah I noticed that as well. Can't wait to see him in the playoffs.

'Smashian Kassian'

"Everyone who still has the Cody glasses on seems to still be living back in the Junior days, when he was a star and was a projected #1 center."

Was he not playing the #1 center position in Buffalo? Is the kid not 22 years old?

What line did Kes and Hank play on when they were 22?

When Kes played a full year at 22 years old he scored 10 goals.3rd line.

That would be Hank scoring 8 goals in an entire season when he was 22 years old.3rd line.

Give your hate for Hodgson a rest long enough to allow your brain to actually digest some facts.

You sound like Mike Gillis' office boy ready with slippers and cocoa.

Look at the competition Kesler and Henrik were playing behind, they both played secondary roles and kept there mouths shut.

Henrik was behind Morrison for the majority of the time, even Andrew Cassels aswell, Kesler was behind Morrison and Henrik.

Cody has no competition, and was gift rapped that opportunity only because they liked the chemistry Ennis and Stafford had, and they had no one else other than Cody.

If Cody had faced the same competition Kesler and Henrik did, he would have been in the exact same spot. And Cody won't be as good as either player.

they really didn't become marquee NHL players until 2009 (at the age of 29)

I know King is banned, so he will never see this reply. But this line made me laugh.

:lol: I guess he didn't realize they (Sedins) have been 70-80+ point players since 05. When they were 25.

After reading comments like this, it's a good thing he is gone.

I don't have a problem with fair criticism of a player if the youth and inexperience of the player is taken into consideration. Your posts seem to be in this catagory, although I think Cody has plenty of time to improve his defensive game.

It's the mocking and sarcastic remarks that seem to be appear throughout this board. The slagging of the guys character. Constantly bringing up negative comments about Cody when Kass (and now Schneider) are being discussed.

I have no doubt that Cody will be a very good NHL player for years to come. Good for him. That fact does not diminish Kass' skills or future success. I still think this was a good trade for both teams.

Yeah they both will be good players, it is just when Kass haters say something bad about him, Kass supporters fire back with a shot, it is to be expected really.

Look at the competition Kesler and Henrik were playing behind, they both played secondary roles and kept there mouths shut.

Cody has no competition, and was gift rapped that opportunity.....

If Cody had faced the same competition Kesler and Henrik did, he would have been in the exact same spot. And Cody won't be as good as either player.

.... it's a good thing he is gone.

I don't have a problem with fair criticism of a player if the youth and inexperience of the player is taken into consideration. Your posts seem to be in this catagory.....

It's the mocking and sarcastic remarks that seem to be appear throughout this board. The slagging of the guys character. Constantly bringing up negative comments about Cody when Kass (and now Schneider) are being discussed.

My favourite stat is the +10 GF-GA 5 on 5, along with the lowest GA 5 on 5 in the league.

is that a warning sign? i though we are supposed to be discussing his warning signs of not being a good AHL player and thus not a good NHL player because basic stats don't lie?

is that a warning sign? i though we are supposed to be discussing his warning signs of not being a good AHL player and thus not a good NHL player because basic stats don't lie?

Obviously. If we are beating teams at even strength then pretty soon the PP will be clicking. And if the PP starts clicking and Kassian is only playing 2nd PP, then he's not helping us win. Because AHL.

Archived