The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Multiple Warning Signs Surrounding Zack Kassian

King of the ES

What are you talking about? You're comparing a shortened season to 1 that's NOT...for one thing.

And Kassian's AHL opportunity for ice-time exceeds anything he was being offered by coach AV.

This season Kassian...who is NOT being used as a 1st or 2nd line player most games...but still has 10 goals on 47 shots...for over 21% shooting percentage. That S% is tops on Canucks...besides Kellan Lain who scored on his 1st & only NHL shot on goal in CGY last night. Burrows has 0 goals on 53 shots - you should be more concerned about his declining stats...than Kassian's. This team is full of the walking wounded...& continuity is therefore a pipe-dream...yet Kassian is fairing well-enough with his minutes.

Kassian is also making better strides in his defensive play recently.... & with his off-ice discipline & committment to becoming a proper PRO. All of this is leading Tortorella to giving him better ops & more responsible minutes out there...which will improve his stats in the 2nd half.

Your posted stats compare apples to oranges. Compare this season's stats... to next season's. That'll be 2 full NHL seasons, back to back , on the same team, with the same coaching staff....then you can see this player's true development. Unless one is blind - one can clearly see Kassian's improved play & confidence out there. I think he will be the power forward we all want him to be...IF he can steer clear of excessive fighting... keep his emotions in check... & keep his mental health & witts about him. Mark my words!

The thread was started back in December of 2012. So at that point the OP was comparing Kassian's current season to Kassian's preceding season. No doubt that Kassian has grown, and that comparing his first two full NHL seasons as opposed to partial AHL seasons would be more meaningful, but that wasn't possible at the time. That said, the OP was still a troll.

Did this guy learn nothing from the "Burrows, do we really need him," thread?

So this is another resurrected thread - then? A thread that never ends.....LOL...'cuz it's always so topical. If it stays active it can definitely serve the purpose of flushing-out the trolls. So don't lock it - mods...just let it ride!

oldnews, you, I, and others had some good (terrible) back and forths with him in all the Luongo threads, eh?

Yeah I kind of miss those days to be honest. Lol

Yeah, we sure did. He was relentless - there was almost something redeeming about it - as hard to agree with as many of his opinions were, he defended them tirelessly. I honestly had to respect it at a certain level, and find numerous other posters far more annoying than ES ever was.

The most annoying thing about him was, whenever you made a point that put his points to bed, he would never reply, whenever you proven him wrong, it was like it didn't exist to him, would never reply with a "fair enough" he would just try to steer the ship in a different direction so he wasn't wrong, or pull out some cherry picked stat (that you could again dismiss) he never stopped reaching for straws.

So this is another resurrected thread - then? A thread that never ends.....LOL...'cuz it's always so topical. If it stays active it can definitely serve the purpose of flushing-out the trolls. So don't lock it - mods...just let it ride!

Why not eh? It is ironically fitting to revive this thread every once in a while to express certain things concerning Kassian.

Such as for example how is he is already having a career year, is on pace for 18G playing 3rd line minutes with no special teams time.

21.3 S%!?! Frack the whut!

huh, yeah, never thought about it but they do seem pretty similar.

I agree with your post further down too - ES was tiring at times but he worked hard to support his points, plus he used proper spelling and grammar ... I'd take that over a lot of the other posters who pop up with unintelligible one liners in every single thread.

True. And it's probably not fair to ES to be comparing him to G-M, who certainly doesn't work too hard to back up his BS.

Yeah I kind of miss those days to be honest. Lol

The most annoying thing about him was, whenever you made a point that put his points to bed, he would never reply, whenever you proven him wrong, it was like it didn't exist to him, would never reply with a "fair enough" he would just try to steer the ship in a different direction so he wasn't wrong, or pull out some cherry picked stat (that you could again dismiss) he never stopped reaching for straws.

Nailed it Smashian. That definitely captures the counterpoint.

Quite the love in for a guy with 10 goals and a lot of excuses. Why doesn't Zack make the lesser skilled players around him better?

If you were forced to eat a donut for every negative thing you've said about Zack Kassian, you would look like Mr. Creosote. You should relax on the Zack hate...he's a prospect not a star.

The thread was started back in December of 2012. So at that point the OP was comparing Kassian's current season to Kassian's preceding season. No doubt that Kassian has grown, and that comparing his first two full NHL seasons as opposed to partial AHL seasons would be more meaningful, but that wasn't possible at the time. That said, the OP was still a troll.

I know. It sucks having to deal with trolls.

Isn't it great if we could win ONE major trade. Especially when it comes to swaping two very highly touted players? Wouldnt it be great if we could stand behind that guy who comes here, and watch him grow?

I think Zack is going to be here a long time, and I also look forward to Bo Horvat shining for us. He and Eddie take the sting off losing Schneids. :)

Quite the love in for a guy with 10 goals and a lot of excuses. Why doesn't Zack make the lesser skilled players around him better?

He does makes players around him better. Booth plays better when he's on a line with him and so does Kesler imo. Remember Kesler's last goal? That was all Kassian. Every line Kassian plays on seems to produce quality scoring chances. He's probably the best on the team at finding the open man besides Hank.

The points should just be a bonus rather than used as a measuring stick.

I would rather he play very strong all-round game, aggressive forechecking and good defensive coverage, making things happen and be pointless than him being invisible for multiple games and then randomly showing up on the scoreboard.

Archived