kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

POPULAR

King of ES

You are ordained to carry the crown forward from clutch.

30rw2li.jpg   ..................... Put Gino in the Ring of Honour!  .......................  2hg788l.jpg

#602 Onions

Onions

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

Honestly, King's biggest mistake is using only two data points. You can't project a future of a career via 2 years.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#603 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

All this gloating is boring without him here.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

MirandaKerr.jpg
2 0 1 5 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#604 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

Posted Image

This pic with the caption of 'Multiple Warning Signs Surrounding Zack Kassian" ought to be a staple after every exceptionally dumb post that KotES types.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#605 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

All this gloating is boring without him here.

You honestly think he'd stick his neck in here even if he weren't temporarily suspended?

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#606 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

King of ES

You are ordained to carry the crown forward from clutch.

Don't get ahead of yourself.. Clutch is a legend.

#607 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

LOL, We all knew this was a silly thread, but now there's very clear proof :D.

Edited by ajhockey, 26 January 2013 - 02:14 AM.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#608 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

"And while it's nice that he does seem willing to throw the body, at times, and drop the gloves, at times, I really hope that we didn't trade Cody Hodgson for a bottom-six goon that will be lucky to get 5 - 10 goals per year in limited minutes." King

Prior to Kassian's placement with two of the league's superstars I think this sentiment is fair.

Nobody here knew how Zach would respond in the NHL,especially after being benched at the AHL level.

In tonight's game Hansen was placed with the twins ,which seemed to wake up Kassian.Up until that point in time he was not standing out.

#609 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

"And while it's nice that he does seem willing to throw the body, at times, and drop the gloves, at times, I really hope that we didn't trade Cody Hodgson for a bottom-six goon that will be lucky to get 5 - 10 goals per year in limited minutes." King

Prior to Kassian's placement with two of the league's superstars I think this sentiment is fair.

Nobody here knew how Zach would respond in the NHL,especially after being benched at the AHL level.

In tonight's game Hansen was placed with the twins ,which seemed to wake up Kassian.Up until that point in time he was not standing out.

wait, your are saying that nobody here knows how Kass will respond in the NHL, but it's fair to call him a bottom 6 goon who is lucky to get 5-10 goals a year?

for a minute i thought you were trolling

#610 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,104 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

I'm hoping Kassian continues his great play, becomes a huge part of this team, and makes you Clutch's successor.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#611 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,489 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

wait, your are saying that nobody here knows how Kass will respond in the NHL, but it's fair to call him a bottom 6 goon who is lucky to get 5-10 goals a year?
for a minute i thought you were trolling

"I really hope that we didn't trade Cody Hodgson for a bottom-six goon..." King
To be fair we would note that he said " I really hope we did not trade what is now a top six NHL forward for a bottom six role player."
I see nothing wrong with expressing that sentiment.
For a minute I thought you were trolling.

#612 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,476 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

You honestly think he'd stick his neck in here even if he weren't temporarily suspended?

Not a chance, and I think he is going to stay off till Kassian get's off this hot streak, the 2nd he mellows out King will be back on here spouting off how bad the trade was just to aggravate us all.

zackass.png

#613 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,476 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

To be fair we would note that he said " I really hope we did not trade what is now a top six NHL forward for a bottom six role player."

King did jump the gun.

He was unfair in that he was suggesting he feels Kassian wouldn't live up to what the fans who were more informed knew he could. And it's clear he has been unfair in his judgment of Kassian prior to the Edmonton game. And not sure how long the ban was but it was just a timeout it wasn't a serious one, i get the hunch he is ducking everyone out to avoid the flaming he would get and so that he wouldn't have to admit he was undeniably wrong, as Kassian has probably been our best player thus-far.

If he had been fair and was actually trying to make a point rather than aggravate people then it's understandable, but that didn't seem to be his M-O.

zackass.png

#614 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,654 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:10 AM

you're the troll and be quiet.

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#615 Makall

Makall

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

My god people, the guy scored one goal and all of a sudden he's a superstar and the OP is wrong.

Does no one remember how much fail he was last year? He did jack squat and in fact, there were a couple of times where he fracked things up for the team.

This seems to happen all the time. We get a fail player, a fan makes a thread outlining his fail, all the people agree with him then a few years down the line where they finally score a goal people bump back up the old thread to flame the OP about how wrong he was 5 years ago.

You guys aren't much better than the so called "bandwagoners" that you hate. There was the Rome bandwagon last year... well whatever happened to that? Yea that's right. Nothing. Fail as always.

Edited by Makall, 26 January 2013 - 05:15 AM.

#616 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,451 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

My god people, the guy scored one goal and all of a sudden he's a superstar and the OP is wrong.

Does no one remember how much fail he was last year? He did jack squat and in fact, there were a couple of times where he fracked things up for the team.

This seems to happen all the time. We get a fail player, a fan makes a thread outlining his fail, all the people agree with him then a few years down the line where they finally score a goal people bump back up the old thread to flame the OP about how wrong he was 5 years ago.

You guys aren't much better than the so called "bandwagoners" that you hate. There was the Rome bandwagon last year... well whatever happened to that? Yea that's right. Nothing. Fail as always.

In a sense the op is wrong. He has complained about not giving prospects a chance and yet is willing to pass judgement on one with out giving him the chance. His problem is it isn't the prospect he wanted getting the chance.

HiromiOshimaB.gif

#617 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,451 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

Hey, whose lips are those on the King's butt?

HiromiOshimaB.gif

#618 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,451 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:51 AM

King did jump the gun.

Premature verbal ejaculation so to speak?

HiromiOshimaB.gif

#619 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,451 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:58 AM

Does anyone else feel that Kassians IQ without the puck doesn't seem that great? Feels like he's floating in the wrong areas most of the time.

As long as a prospect doesn't stand out in a negative way he's had a good game. He had 3 hits, drew a penalty, and scored a goal without any glaring errors. That sounds like a pretty good for a prospect to me.

HiromiOshimaB.gif

#620 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

Yes. He can talk through a foot in his mouth better than anyone.

MirandaKerr.jpg

#621 Clinch16

Clinch16

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

Now that Kassian's essentially played the same amount of games in the AHL this season as he did last, I thought I'd have a look at the numbers to see how exactly he's "developing" (generous term).

WARNING: this ain't pretty

2011-12: 30 GP, 15 G, 26 P, +4, 94 SOG, 31 PIM

2012-13: 28 GP, 6 G, 18 P, -1, 72 SOG, 59 PIM

By my calculations, this amounts to the following data comparatives:

• 60% year-over-year reduction in goals
  • 31% year-over-year reduction in points
  • 18% year-over-year reduction in SOG/game
  • 90% year-over-year increase in PIMs.
And, to be honest, the two things that are of the most concern to me are the decline in SOG and the increase in PIM. There's really no explanation for getting less SOG as a 22 year-old AHL sophomore than as a 21 year-old AHL rookie. And this SOG figure is even inflated, as Kass did have 7 SOG last game, bringing up his average significantly.

And while it's nice that he does seem willing to throw the body, at times, and drop the gloves, at times, I really hope that we didn't trade Cody Hodgson for a bottom-six goon that will be lucky to get 5 - 10 goals per year in limited minutes. I'm beginning to wonder if Kassian has a bit of "Kyle Beach" in him; capable of so much, too stupid to realize it and in the penalty box way, way too much.

Let's not forget that Kassian was hand held by the Sedin's in the off-season to try and get his training habits in shape (not a good sign), and even went on to be a healthy scratch in 1 (or more, I'm not sure) game, also (clearly) not a good sign.

Who else is concerned?

Didn't read any of the thread after the first post. Was it good?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#622 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

Well... this isn't 5 years old. It was posted at the beginning of the AHL season.

Kassian hasn't scored just one goal. He has been arguably our best player consistently for the first 4 games.

I'm not sure what the point of your post is.

Are you agreeing with King, or are you some sort of martyr of negativity here to bring us all back down to earth, or are you just here to try and sound better than everyone, because you don't participate in early season excitement for fear of being let down?

Pick a side, but don't play "holier than thou".

MirandaKerr.jpg

#623 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,205 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

That had nothing to do with a "wake up call"........it was getting players ice time after all the powerplays. Quit trying to make something out of nothing. Kassian was good from the drop of the puck to end of the game, again.

As far as his hockey IQ without the puck (another poster) goes, I think he's very intelligent without the puck.

#624 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

Well... this isn't 5 years old. It was posted at the beginning of the AHL season.

Kassian hasn't scored just one goal. He has been arguably our best player consistently for the first 4 games.

Are you agreeing with King, or are you some sort of martyr of negativity here to bring us all back down to earth, or are you just here to try and sound better than everyone, because you don't participate in early season excitement for fear of being let down?

All of these people posting negative comments about Kass are just cody nut huggers that are still sour about the trade. When cody was playing well last year everyone was so supportive and happy about it.. Now that our boy Zack is playing well this year who is a year behind cody in development not everyone wants to show him the love? Do these people forget that in codys first year he was useless.. Players need time to develop and there are going to be a lot of ups and downs along the way. Kassian is our most consistent and best player right now Imo. All these kids who have a hard on for cody want Zack to fail so they can all say see it was a bad trade and we should of kept our beloved cody. Well you know what kids cody didn't want to be here and Zack does. Cody is never coming back and Zack is here to stay. Stop being a bunch of sucks and support your players and the team or else get lost. And just for the record I was a huge fan of this trade because Zack has a lot of talent and potential to be one of the best power forwards in this league. He brings much more to the table than Cody does or ever will. Our team needs a guy like Zack. He's a team player and is willing to fulfill whatever roll to help this team win and not bitch and complain about ice time like some other punk we all know. Also if I was MG and had the chance to make this trade again I would do it everyday and twice on sunday.

Edited by JohnLennon, 26 January 2013 - 11:02 AM.

#625 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

This is going to become the next "Burrows? Do we really need him?" Thread.

I sincerely hope so!

#626 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

I hated the trade when it came down, but have come around since. Kass brings a lot to his game. He obviously has good hands (sure he plays with the Sedins, so did Taylor Pyatt). He skates well and his passes are very good. His physical style will have a lasting effect on the team. Let's face it, the Nucks have been pushed around mightily in the past and there has been very little push back. Already I am hearing fans of other teams worring about Zack 'hurting" their players. I was glad to see other Nuck players physical last night. I don't want Kass to have to fight every night. He not a goon and needs to be wise about who he fights. Decking guys like Eager has a much greater effect on other teams. That one fight has other teams paying attention.

Edited by higgyfan, 26 January 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#627 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,944 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

Does anyone else feel that Kassians IQ without the puck doesn't seem that great? Feels like he's floating in the wrong areas most of the time.

I do think he needs a little work to do. He is really aware of where other guys are and makes great passes, that shows a real hockey IQ.

I agree that he doesn't yet have a solid awareness of where to place himself when plays are developing and he isn't carrying the puck. I think you can cut him a littler slack though as he has only been playing with the twins a few games. They play a different style than anyone in the league so I suspect it takes some adjustment to become the third twin.

Can't argue with his success so far though!
Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#628 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,318 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

Umm.. I'm late to the party. What exactly are these warning signs surrounding Kassian?
Posted Image

#629 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,043 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

3 goals in 3 games, what are you talking about?

307mg00.jpg

#630 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

POPULAR

Glad to see things working out for Zack so far in this young season. All the CoHo lovers are so concerned about our 2nd line center situation right now. The trade is all that is in their little minds. What do people think would happen when Kesler gets back? Cody is dropped to the 3rd line. Cody is not a protypical shut down 3rd line centerman. He needs to play with a set of skilled wingers. Cody was not going to fit here. He knew it, AV knew it, MG knew it. The only people who didn't know it were his beloved fan base.

Remember Zack is only 22. Wait till he plays a couple hundred games in this league. He will dominate any defensman down low and his hands will only get better. I honestly think this kid will be better than Milan Lucic. Put him with the Sedins until they retire and watch him take over this league. What I love about him is that he is not scared of anyone. We have finally found someone who doesn't show the oppositions best players any respect. The Sedin's have gone through too much BS and it's time for us to push back. Even if it means dropping RNH with a heavy hit or poppin Anze Kopitar with an after whistle left hook. it's time to stop hiding behind the refs, hoping for a power play to win the game. Let's win it on our terms.

Duncan Keith better keep his head up. Cause if I'm Zack Kassin, I'm making sure he pays.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5584]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.