#631 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

POPULAR

Only warning sign i see will be the memo to other teams that the Canucks 1st line ain't so easy to slap around anymore (assuming he gets to stay with the twins )
Release The KraKassian
Posted Image

#632 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

Glad to see things working out for Zack so far in this young season. All the CoHo lovers are so concerned about our 2nd line center situation right now. The trade is all that is in their little minds. What do people think would happen when Kesler gets back? Cody is dropped to the 3rd line. Cody is not a protypical shut down 3rd line centerman. He needs to play with a set of skilled wingers. Cody was not going to fit here. He knew it, AV knew it, MG knew it. The only people who didn't know it were his beloved fan base.

Remember Zack is only 22. Wait till he plays a couple hundred games in this league. He will dominate any defensman down low and his hands will only get better. I honestly think this kid will be better than Milan Lucic. Put him with the Sedins until they retire and watch him take over this league. What I love about him is that he is not scared of anyone. We have finally found someone who doesn't show the oppositions best players any respect. The Sedin's have gone through too much BS and it's time for us to push back. Even if it means dropping RNH with a heavy hit or poppin Anze Kopitar with an after whistle left hook. it's time to stop hiding behind the refs, hoping for a power play to win the game. Let's win it on our terms.

Duncan Keith better keep his head up. Cause if I'm Zack Kassin, I'm making sure he pays.

Agree with everything you said, but just because he plays like bertuzzi...doesn't mean he should act like him...a big power forward making another guy ''pay'' for taking a cheap shot on our star player....I've seen this before....Let's not go there.

But just think, this kid is only 22 and doesn't back down from anyone. Think of when this kid becomes a man with a nasty edge? He's going to be a force.
Posted Image

#633 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,710 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

Only warning sign i see will be the memo to other teams that the Canucks 1st line ain't so easy to slap around anymore (assuming he gets to stay with the twins )

And he better. I didn't pick him up in my hockey pool for nothing.

#634 110 percent effort

110 percent effort

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Gotta love how CDC comes up with these "Burrows: Do we really need him?" type threads.
Granted in this case the OP had a valid point at the time, so this isn't a bad thread.
The bandwagon goes back and forth, but for now we can stay optimistic.

I just want to see people give their best effort while not forgetting to enjoy life B)
Remember, it's all about the game here at VGHS :emot-parrot:

#635 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

And he better. I didn't pick him up in my hockey pool for nothing.

I picked him up too. He gets me PPP too. I think it's a great pick up. As long as he keeps playing with the twins I think we've got an easy 25-30 points.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#636 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

Glad to see things working out for Zack so far in this young season. All the CoHo lovers are so concerned about our 2nd line center situation right now. The trade is all that is in their little minds. What do people think would happen when Kesler gets back? Cody is dropped to the 3rd line. Cody is not a protypical shut down 3rd line centerman. He needs to play with a set of skilled wingers. Cody was not going to fit here. He knew it, AV knew it, MG knew it. The only people who didn't know it were his beloved fan base.

Remember Zack is only 22. Wait till he plays a couple hundred games in this league. He will dominate any defensman down low and his hands will only get better. I honestly think this kid will be better than Milan Lucic. Put him with the Sedins until they retire and watch him take over this league. What I love about him is that he is not scared of anyone. We have finally found someone who doesn't show the oppositions best players any respect. The Sedin's have gone through too much BS and it's time for us to push back. Even if it means dropping RNH with a heavy hit or poppin Anze Kopitar with an after whistle left hook. it's time to stop hiding behind the refs, hoping for a power play to win the game. Let's win it on our terms.

Duncan Keith better keep his head up. Cause if I'm Zack Kassin, I'm making sure he pays.

#637 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,199 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Premature verbal ejaculation so to speak?

Ahh Baggins,

You hit the nail on the head once again.

zackass.png

#638 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

But it was a pretty nice goal... :)

I would agree that he had a fairly quiet night compared to some of the previous games. He had a few good physical shifts, and got some Ducks focused on him rather than his linemates.

On the whole, I was happy with him.

regards,
G.

Agreed. But, managed to contribute.

Yeah, at least he scored even though he wasn't overly physical.

That's what I like about him, if he isn't being physical least he can score and vise versa.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#639 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

If you have been watching the Canucks for a while, then you should know that whoever plays with the Sedins normally is successful. Past has shown that players who don't have offensive talent yet paired with the Sedins set career high in points, because the Sedins are just that talented. Some players who were successful in the past Jason King who really wasn't that good, but the Sedins made him look better then he was. Taylor Pyatt who also set career highs, who was never offensively talented looked much better on paper then he was, Steve Bernier another player who just wasn't strong enough to be good enough with the Sedins.

Anson Carter who was a good fit with the Sedins, because he had some size and caused havoc in front of the net, which allowed the Sedins more space and time to generate offence, and this is who I kinda compare Kassian to. Ever since the Anson Carter days the Sedins really haven't had a big body presence on their line, and I always felt the Sedins look better with a player like that on their line, and to why I always wanted a Bertuzzi or a Rick Nash to be their line mates.

Then there was Burrows, one of the hardest working players I ever saw, was not that offensively talented, but played with heart. He seemed to click with the Sedins of course, and points were starting to rise, but the only downfall was he wasn't that big to be matching up with oppositions top D in front of the net to allow the Sedins the space they needed to cycle the puck. This is what I saw change in Burrows, he adapted to make the line work better, he knew he couldn't be in front of the net, so he found a way to work into the Sedins cycle which would cause the D to be more out of place. I was shocked to see how nicely he picked up with Sedins plays in the cycle which benefited them all. I think Burrows is the only player so far I have seen who has played with the Sedins, and wasn't that offensively talented, but become a better offensive player out of all the players who have played with the Sedins. I still always believed the Sedins would be better off with a more bigger player.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#640 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,139 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

Cherry shares his advice for Zack Kassian on 'Coaches corner'.
Apparently has very little idea what kind of player this young man is.
Figures Zack shouldn't start thinking he's Guy Lafleur.
"Remember why you're there" Cherry tells him (ie. to play Semenko for the Twins).
:rolleyes:

#641 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Cherry shares his advice for Zack Kassian on 'Coaches corner'.
Apparently has very little idea what kind of player this young man is.
Figures Zack shouldn't start thinking he's Guy Lafleur.
"Remember why you're there" Cherry tells him (ie. to play Semenko for the Twins).
:rolleyes:

No?
We all know he is put there so people don't frack with the twins.
Posted Image

#642 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

He is there to develop in a position to succeed. Burrows is much more valuable to the rest of the lineup than he is to the Sedins, and if Kassian can learn to play with the twins it will be good for goose and gander alike.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#643 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,199 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

No?

Aswell as bring power, size, skill, hockey IQ and a RH shot for the Sedins.

On top of that of course.

:bigblush:

zackass.png

#644 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Why are people still feeding this troll post?
Posted Image

#645 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

Trolls got to eat too.

#646 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,866 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

POPULAR

King of ES wasn't a troll. He sure did like to stir up some sh/t, not to mention bold predictions, but I read enough of his posts to be convinced he wasn't trolling. Quite the opposite, he struck me as someone who's heavily invested but doesn't like where the team is heading over the past few years or so.

Honestly though, even if he is a troll I'd rather read more of his tough love negativity than a number of the one-liner, grammatically piss-poor grandstanders that blanket these boards after a win.

#647 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,139 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

No?

Really?
I don't know that.
Imo he's there to be to the twins what Bertuzzi was to Naslund and Morrison, and that wasn't simply some kind of protection/enforcer. The idea that Kassian is a Semenko to the Gretzky twins is a reduction of the kind of player he is. It's Cherry in simpleton mode.
He's there to be Guy Lafleur as much as he is Semenko. Crap advice from Grapes. The young guy should go ahead and continue to fill the net - and bust a nose when he needs to - but he's not here to score 5 to 10 goals a season.

Edited by oldnews, 27 January 2013 - 01:31 AM.

#648 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,726 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

Kassian was put on the line cuz Burr was placed at 2c.They did it to boost his confidence and it obviously has.

In the last game the commentators on the TEAM were saying Kas was listless.They put out Hansen with the twins.

Kassian has hockey sense and can protect the twins so it is all ok but to think that Kassian will remain with the twins when Burr,Kes and Booth (and another piece if Luo ever gets moved) is kind of wishful thinking.

I can see that he will be inserted for presence and a deterrent and if he has some good chemistry,all the better.

I guess he will contribute second or third line duties,when all injuries are said and done.

#649 Makall

Makall

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

King of ES wasn't a troll. He sure did like to stir up some sh/t, not to mention bold predictions, but I read enough of his posts to be convinced he wasn't trolling. Quite the opposite, he struck me as someone who's heavily invested but doesn't like where the team is heading over the past few years or so.

Honestly though, even if he is a troll I'd rather read more of his tough love negativity than a number of the one-liner, grammatically piss-poor grandstanders that blanket these boards after a win.

The gloaters and flamers? They are also known as bandwagoners.

#650 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,199 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:21 AM

Kassian was put on the line cuz Burr was placed at 2c.They did it to boost his confidence and it obviously has.

In the last game the commentators on the TEAM were saying Kas was listless.They put out Hansen with the twins.

Kassian has hockey sense and can protect the twins so it is all ok but to think that Kassian will remain with the twins when Burr,Kes and Booth (and another piece if Luo ever gets moved) is kind of wishful thinking.

I can see that he will be inserted for presence and a deterrent and if he has some good chemistry,all the better.

I guess he will contribute second or third line duties,when all injuries are said and done.

Actually Kassian was given a shot on the 1st line part way through the Edmonton game, and played well enough in the game to stick on that line, which resulted in Burrows displaced from his role and moved down.

And as long as Kassian plays well, and Burrows doesn't play quite as well as we are used to, Kassian should stay on that line, who ever is playing the best should win as we need to play as well as we can and rack up as many points as well can in this season.

There likely will be no time for experiments so you either prove your worth when given the opportunity or you will get dumped down, as we saw with the Ebbett/Schroeder situation and now Kassian/Burrows.

zackass.png

#651 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,444 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

Check your facts.

Hey you should ask swedish viking if he's going to come in here and talk about how the warning signs he saw seem to be more just him taking things out of context and blowing them out of proportion.

Edited by EmployeeoftheMonth, 27 January 2013 - 09:10 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#652 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

Multiple Warning Signs Surrounding Zack Kassian's Ability To Open Scoring.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#653 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,042 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Kassian with his 4th! :towel:

307mg00.jpg

#654 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,754 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

What's that? Kassian has one more goal than Hodgson in one more game, while providing a physical element? Ok :)

Posted Image

STHS Hockey League - Brooklyn Beavers GM

#655 CptCanuck16

CptCanuck16

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

Dude! With Kassian on pace to reach 30+ NHL goals this season the only thing we should be worrying about is finding room in the rafters to hang his jersey in 10 years.

Also, it's probably a good time to start planning the parade route as the Canucks are winning the cup this year!

#656 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Dude! With Kassian on pace to reach 30+ NHL goals this season the only thing we should be worrying about is finding room in the rafters to hang his jersey in 10 years.

Also, it's probably a good time to start planning the parade route as the Canucks are winning the cup this year!

no pressure

#657 Steven Stamkos

Steven Stamkos

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

He's retiring at 32?
Posted Image
Credit to: Ballard_4

#658 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

No, he was trolling. Especially in his status updates. I know several other people saw those -- clearly antagonizing.

I also pointed out on how he would criticize Kassian for his dip in production in the AHL, yet being a very strong advocate for Grabner, and he completely failed to acknowledge Grabner himself had a huge dip in production. If ignoring facts against your argument isn't trolling then it certainly should be
Posted Image

#659 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#660 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

No, he was trolling. Especially in his status updates. I know several other people saw those -- clearly antagonizing.

Oh? I missed those. Got any gems that you remember?

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.