The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Multiple Warning Signs Surrounding Zack Kassian

King of the ES

Wasn't he injured that off-season?

He was, my post was more directed to pointing out the absurdity of just looking at stats as a basis to form an opinion of a player.

King has made it clear that the reason for his drop in offensive production isn't the issue he has, the issue is that it has happened. So by that logic, Hodgson being hurt shouldn't have mattered, all that should have mattered is that his offensive production dropped.

How have you not been banned yet?

Schroeder ain't making it and Kass is going to warm the bench here if he does.

Two thousand posts to the contrary ain't gonna make it for them and it ain't making it any fun reading it over and over and over.

it's so hard to reason with canucks fan, they have all sorts of homer glasses on. It has blinded them from the truth completely.

No at all. They are all true hockey minds. They know better than anyone else on the planet about hockey. They have the best team in the world to back it up. It is their doing. "DESPITE THE WORST GOALTENDER IN THE LEAGUE", they have the best defenseman in Edler and the second best defenseman in Hamhuis and the best goaltender in Schneider and the best second line center in Kesler and the best everything.

You're wrong, they're right.

Schroeder ain't making it and Kass is going to warm the bench here if he does.

Two thousand posts to the contrary ain't gonna make it for them and it ain't making it any fun reading it over and over and over.

So how is your post's saying they won't make it, any more valid than mine and other's posts that they will make it.

Atleast other people can make an analysis of there abilities and potential rather than just saying "They won't make it" with no information or reasonable logic.

So how is your post's saying they won't make it, any more valid than mine and other's posts that they will make it.

Atleast other people can make an analysis of there abilities and potential rather than just saying "They won't make it" with no information or reasonable logic.

If you would start reading other poster's replies you might have found an answer(s).If all of my replies and those of others have been completely lost on you,just scroll up three posts to Canucks Hockey 101 and read his.When in doubt,copy it to read over and over again.

If you would start reading other poster's replies you might have found an answer(s).If all of my replies and those of others have been completely lost on you,just scroll up three posts to Canucks Hockey 101 and read his.When in doubt,copy it to read over and over again.

You missed the main part of my post, how is your opinion that he won't make it anymore valid (especially when you don't justify it) than my opinion that he will make it?

No at all. They are all true hockey minds. They know better than anyone else on the planet about hockey. They have the best team in the world to back it up. It is their doing. "DESPITE THE WORST GOALTENDER IN THE LEAGUE", they have the best defenseman in Edler and the second best defenseman in Hamhuis and the best goaltender in Schneider and the best second line center in Kesler and the best everything.

I'm not sure what this guy is talking about, it's obvious to almost everyone he is sour that Luongo is going, I love Lu too but there comes a time when people have to face reality.

And Btw Nuck nit, nothing he said in this post, is anything I have ever said, or I have seen anyone else ever say? So how does this relate to me or my post?

Why does anyone with any sort of reasonably thought out argument with negative undertones get flamed to shreds. If you dont agree with the guy cant people be more civil? Someone couldve made threads saying "i dont think we will beat the bruins and heres why", or "I think Nathan Smith will be a bust" and people here wouldve gone out of their way to make that person feel like an idiot when in the end they may be right. There are way too many homers on this website. I dont even agree with ES on anything usually but why cant people let him say is piece and then argue against it. Mg is lauded as a genius for his "moneyball" approach but suddenly we all throw stats as potential indicators out the window? Not saying hes right but jeeeez.

The Sabres tore it up after the deadline and just finished short. They were playing horrendously before the deadline (don't remember how many points out they were but I believe it was more than 6).

If the Sabres were going for a playoff spot, they wouldn't have traded Gaustad away for picks. Hodgson was a pick-up for the future, not for last season. The Sabres would've tried to add more players instead of selling.

Regier wouldn't blatantly say that they were going to tank. I don't recall a general manager ever saying that the playoffs weren't a goal. The moves made by Regier at the deadline proved that they were building for the future, not the present.

The Sabres entered Monday's action just six points out of the eighth and final Stanley Cup Playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. While the Gaustad deal made it appear as though the Sabres were sellers at the deadline, Regier believes his team is good enough to remain in the mix. At the same time, he believes the pair of deals has Buffalo better equipped for the future.

With Hodgson joining the likes of 22-year-old left wing Tyler Ennis and 22-year-old defenseman Tyler Myers, Regier now has himself a talented young core to build around.

"I would characterize the center position as the second-most difficult position to fill in the NHL behind goaltending," Regier said. "Most teams are struggling to find top centers -- top-two line centers. So when we went through the process of where are we going to find centermen going forward, it became a priority.

"He brings very solid two-way play, contribute offensively. I think right now he’s sitting in Vancouver with 33 points, and at his age, and fitting in with Ennis and Myers, I think that bodes well with not only now, but in the future."

Gaustad, 30, had spent every second of his professional career in the Sabres' organization. Buffalo's seventh-round pick (No. 220) in 2000, the 6-foot-5, 220-pound center played his first season of pro hockey with the AHL's Rochester Americans in 2002-03 and has spent the past seven seasons in Buffalo.

But the opportunity to land another first-round pick at the 2012 NHL Draft was simply too good to pass up for Regier.

"He was born and raised with the Buffalo Sabres, but when we looked at it, we thought long and hard about whether or not to trade him and if so what conditions to trade him," Regier said of Gaustad. "We set the standard high and the standard was that we had to acquire a first-round pick, and if we couldn't acquire a first-round pick we were going to keep him for the term."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=619491

Compare him with past power forward prospects at the same age and I'd say he's on par. Jesus Canuck fans have to learn to have patience with prospects. I remember how many people were calling Cody a bust because of his injury problems and lack of production in the AHL when he eventually did play for the moose. People were saying we would've been better off drafting Beach! Have patience, Kassian's potential is there. Will he out point Hodgson in his career? No, they're two different players and the type of player Kassian could be (yes I know, COULD) is the exact type of player the Canucks need.

Well said.

I CANNOT BELIEVE people are saying Kass is a bust already. At least give the guy a couple more years, he's only 21 (almost 22)

People are just upset with what we gave up to get him and the timing of the trade (right before playoffs) when we had a shot at the cup. The other side of it is responding to the crazies calling for him to be on the top line.

Edit: he was over sold to us by MG to justify the trade, he's clearly a good prospect but still needs a ton of work before he is remotely a possibility for the top six. I just hope people's expectations for him would come back to earth or he will look like a bust.

So if I read the sarcasm right what you're trying to say is they're wrong, you're right...right?

King has made it clear that the reason for his drop in offensive production isn't the issue he has, the issue is that it has happened. So by that logic, Hodgson being hurt shouldn't have mattered, all that should have mattered is that his offensive production dropped.

I'm sorry, Hodgson had a year-over-year drop in key metrics while in the AHL? When was this?

Kassian could get some top line minutes for the first 5 or so games. The Sedins need to get back into game shape and so does the rest of the team.

It will be a benefit to have guys like Schroeder, Kassian, Tanev, Raymond, Weise, Hansen, and especially Schneider.

Archived