1489 replies to this topic

#721 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

This kid continues to impress. If there's one thing that stands out as a point of "concern" is that he has yet to tally an assist.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#722 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,058 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

Emotiparrot to whoever flushes out KOES new alias first.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#723 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

This kid continues to impress. If there's one thing that stands out as a point of "concern" is that he has yet to tally an assist.

regards,
G.

was thinking the same thing, was thinking if he doesn't get a goal please get an assist..
but they will come he does like to pass.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#724 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

King was obviously wrong about Kassian.

What about the Lu being a backup and a distraction?

His opinions worked great during the lockout, because everyone was speculating and no games were being played.

It's too bad he's to much of a panzy to take the heat he deserves.

Talk about p!ssing in to the wind.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

MirandaKerr.jpg
2 0 1 5 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#725 Gran Turismo

Gran Turismo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

This is the new "Burrows do we really need him" thread right here.
Posted Image

#726 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,774 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

King was obviously wrong about Kassian.

What about the Lu being a backup and a distraction?

His opinions worked great during the lockout, because everyone was speculating and no games were being played.

It's too bad he's to much of a panzy to take the heat he deserves.

Talk about p!ssing in to the wind.

He's still here he's just called swedish viking now.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#727 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

He's still here he's just called swedish viking now.

Couldn't handle being so obviously wrong, eh?

MirandaKerr.jpg

#728 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

Hahaha, I just checked his posts, and yeah. Sounds like him. I find it funny that he hasn't bothered posting in this thread even though he changed his name. Also, his last post as King of ES was him defending his position on Kassian, comparing him to Bernier again, and saying that there is no reason for an apology. In essence, everyone was wrong and he was right again.

MirandaKerr.jpg

#729 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,767 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Clutch -2.0

TRad-N.gif

#730 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

And while it's nice that he does seem willing to throw the body, at times, and drop the gloves, at times, I really hope that we didn't trade Cody Hodgson for a bottom-six goon that will be lucky to get 5 - 10 goals per year in limited minutes.

Who else is concerned?

So now that it's taken him all of 7 NHL games to reach the 5g mark, how concerned should we be that he'll go goalless in the next 41 games?

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#731 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

regards,
G.

Hey, it's not his fault the twins are in total awe of his raw skill and can't focus on their game.

:bigblush:

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#732 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

regards,
G.

Going for Cy Young award :lol:
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#733 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

What impresses me is his touch and eye for killer pass. Apparently he was invited to train with the Sedins during the lockout. He does seem to have some interesting chemistry.

They said Burr was the third Sedin, it looks like there could be a 4th in the making.

Again someone last night said he looked like he had come on 3 years in 6 months. I just hope he is able to maintain this level at the age of 22.

Edited by Bodee, 31 January 2013 - 10:27 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#734 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

King of the ES

Member Since 27 May 2012
Offline Last Active Yesterday, 06:41 PM

I guess King's around but simply speechless ::D

"Speechless", yes, but that's because I was banned and unable to post.

I still don't know why so many seem to think that I'm rooting for Kassian to fail. If you actually read the post, I am simply stating concern that his year-over-year production in the AHL had declined. Please explain why this is such a preposterous question to ask.

One thing that I will say, though, is that Zack Kassian's 5 goals come off of just 15 shots. That is a shooting percentage that is simply not sustainable. I would not bet on this hot start continuing, unless he starts to become a lot more involved in the offense than what he's shown to date. Let's be honest - 3 of his 5 goals have been effective empty-netters. Kudos to him for being in the right spot, at the right time, but I expect a significant pullback in his goals as a fan.

#735 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,431 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

In any even King of the ES should mabey watch a hockey game, don't you think?
Posted Image

#736 Spotted Zebra

Spotted Zebra

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

POPULAR

I still don't know why so many seem to think that I'm rooting for Kassian to fail. If you actually read the post, I am simply stating concern that his year-over-year production in the AHL had declined. Please explain why this is such a preposterous question to ask.

One thing that I will say, though, is that Zack Kassian's 5 goals come off of just 15 shots. That is a shooting percentage that is simply not sustainable. I would not bet on this hot start continuing, unless he starts to become a lot more involved in the offense than what he's shown to date. Let's be honest - 3 of his 5 goals have been effective empty-netters. Kudos to him for being in the right spot, at the right time, but I expect a significant pullback in his goals as a fan.

Well well well...

He's hit, he's fought, he's provided the Sedins with some security, and as you've said has been in the right spot at the right time. Although if it was Hodgson potting in those tap ins, I'm sure you'd just accredit it to his "Hockey IQ"

The only thing he hasn't done is gotten as assist, so go ahead and bitch about that. While you're at it why don't you tell us some more about Schroeder doesn't belong on the team?

Hodgson 3
Kassian 5

Edited by Spotted Zebra, 31 January 2013 - 11:32 AM.

Posted Image
Thanks Vintage Canuck!

#737 Barry_Wilkins

Barry_Wilkins

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

unless he starts to become a lot more involved in the offense than what he's shown to date.

Hey genius, it's not his job to get "a lot more involved in the offensse", whatever that means. With the Sedins, it's his job to provide protection, go to the right spots, and deposit the disc behind the line. I'd say he's doing all 3 of those things remarkably well.

as a fan.

Ahh hahaha!!

#738 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Kudos to him for being in the right spot, at the right time, but I expect a significant pullback in his goals as a fan.

Umm... Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't being "in the right spot at the right time" the hallmark if a great goal scorer?

If I am not mistaken a large amount of Gretzky's goals where garbage goals and him just being "in the right spot at the right time".

No that I'm comparing Kassian to one of the greatest hockey players ever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAMlAhpv7Ss

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 31 January 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#739 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 18,674 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

I think you could count on one hand the amount of delusional Canuck fans who actually believe he will continue on this pace (34 goals in 48 games by my math). He's a young player, there'll be peaks and valleys to his season. My guess is he'll end up with about 15...maybe 20 if he's lucky/can somehow maintain a sizable amount of momentum. Anything beyond that is gravy

However I also think it's safe to say that your original assessment is quite obviously off base. Ie: you were plainly, and vastly wrong.
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#740 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

However I also think it's safe to say that your original assessment is quite obviously off base. Ie: you were plainly, and vastly wrong.

Actually, I was plainly, and vastly correct. Have you read the post? What am I doing besides expressing concern over year-over-year declines of his in the AHL?

Am I saying that he's a bust? Am I saying that he's going to fail? Am I saying anything other than that this decline in production is a concern?

Interested to see how I'm "plainly, and vastly wrong" according to you.

#741 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 18,856 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

:lol:

Oh, you are the go-to guy for comedy King.

And he has scored one empty net goal - not because the goaltender had been pulled - but because Kipprusoff bit so hard on Kassian's deke that he wound up in the face off circle searching for his jock
But then again, that one doesn't count in his (2nd in the NHL goalscoring) stats anyhow.

Edited by oldnews, 31 January 2013 - 12:04 PM.

#742 nuck luck

nuck luck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

Edited by nuck luck, 31 January 2013 - 11:46 AM.

#743 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

And he has scored one empty net goal - not because the goaltender had been pulled - but because Kipprusoff bit so hard on Kassian's deke that he wound up in the face off circle searching for his jock But that one doesn't count in his stats anyhow.

Last night's goal was an empty-net tap-in, thanks to a perfect pass by Hamhuis.

The one where he scored - at a tough angle, yes - on the PP when Hank dished it to him perfectly, was a wide open net.

And then the goal where the rebound bounced off his chest to his stick (Calgary?), was a wide open net.

Anyway, not to be nit-picky, but these are the facts. 5 goals on 15 shots suggests to me that he's had quite a bit of puck luck to start off the season.

#744 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

The one where he scored - at a tough angle, yes - on the PP when Hank dished it to him perfectly, was a wide open net.

And then the goal where the rebound bounced off his chest to his stick (Calgary?), was a wide open net.

Anyway, not to be nit-picky, but these are the facts. 5 goals on 15 shots suggests to me that he's had quite a bit of puck luck to start off the season.

GG NAB
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#745 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

To build on this - if he were to even get 1 goal on his next 15 shots, he would still have one of the highest shooting percentages in the league.

So basically, yes, good for him for getting these goals, he has been surprisingly good. But there is still offensive weakness in the background, in the form of a lack of SOG. The guy had 1 SOG last night - while playing on the top line. It wouldn't surprise me for Zack to go through a long dry spell without scoring (and no, that's not what I want to happen).

#746 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 18,856 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

While you're at it, would you care to give us a review of Hodgson's goals. ::D

#747 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 18,856 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

To build on this - if he were to even get 1 goal on his next 15 shots, he would still have one of the highest shooting percentages in the league.

So basically, yes, good for him for getting these goals, he has been surprisingly good. But there is still offensive weakness in the background, in the form of a lack of SOG. The guy had 1 SOG last night - while playing on the top line. It wouldn't surprise me for Zack to go through a long dry spell without scoring (and no, that's not what I want to happen).

You simply don't know when to just stop, do you.

#748 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Kassian will start getting assists when Daniel starts scoring some goals...
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#749 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

It wouldn't surprise me for Zack to go through a long dry spell without scoring (and no, that's not what I want to happen).

The only people who would be surprised by that are delusional fanboys.

The Sedins went five games without even a point last year and they're elite players.

I'd be surprised if Kassian continues at this pace. And this is coming from a guy who loves this kid.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 31 January 2013 - 12:23 PM.

#750 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

While you're at it, would you care to give us a review of Hodgson's goals. ::D

Start with the first one please
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.