1474 replies to this topic

#811 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:00 AM

But hey, let's not credit ourselves too much...us armchair jockeys....I suppose we could always ask Ben eager who he'd rather play hockey against.

LOL well said sir, well said. +1 for you.

#812 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,563 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:28 AM

If you can't stand the heat, and if somebody having a different opinion than you hurts your feelings too significantly, perhaps you should find some place other than a message board to hang out on.

Someone made a point that Kassian had somehow "earned" his spot with the twins, which I found an interesting way to describe it. Thus far, it's been a successful experiment (from Kassian's perspective, not necessarily Daniel/Henrik/Alex's), but the tale of Zack Kassian ending up on Vancouver's 1st line is not exactly Mike Kostka slugging it out in the AHL until making his NHL debut at 27. Come on.

And yet one of your points of contention with Garrison is his age vs his experience in the NHL.

That's called being a hypocrite.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#813 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

POPULAR

If you can't stand the heat, and if somebody having a different opinion than you hurts your feelings too significantly, perhaps you should find some place other than a message board to hang out on.

:lol:

Oh sunshine........ I've been here almost 10 years, and if I were going to leave because someone had a dissenting opinion on something, I'd have been gone the first year.Hurt feelings? Can't stand the heat? Please, try another tack, your schtick doesn't work with me.

As I said, the coach of this team sees far more of Kassian's play than you or I do and as such knows whether a player has 'earned' his spot to play with Henrik and Daniel or not. Obviously AV does feel Kassian has earned it as he is playing on that line, is he not?????

Your comment regarding Kassian 'earning' his spot comes off as mere trolling as it is patently clear he has earned his spot as he is playing on the line with H&D. What's not to understand? You appear to pride yourself on this vast hockey knowledge stored up in your brain yet fail to grasp something this simple? Really? Come on, now......

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 01 February 2013 - 08:34 AM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#814 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,563 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

Unfortunately for me that would be impossible as the status that you said it in is since long gone.

But I do confirm that you made a status about Cody Hodgson playing better than Zack, and in your replies you asked someone why Zack Kassian sucked. You can deny it all you want but deep down you probably know it's true, I know you will reply with the old "No I don't know what your talking about" but we both know you did.

And it isn't hard to see you are Anti-Kassian with the thread, aswell all the negative posts and status's about the trade that you have made. And now you just don't want to admit it since Kassian is making you look like a fool.

To be fair...what you just posted is vastly different than saying Kassian sucks. That's the thing with King; he never really says anything. He's implied he dislikes Kassian, he's implied he dislikes Garrison, he's implied that he wants these players to fail while the players they've replaced to succeed. He's implied that he doesn't like Gillis and disagrees with every move he makes. (Well other than Raymond signing which was funny because Raymond went to mediation did he not?) Almost everything with King is implied. Lots of words but nothing said which gives him the opportunity to make you look silly when you claim he's actually said anything.

Honestly..I find him funny as well but you two should have your own sub-forum. I would guess that at least half of the time King quotes someone on here it's quoting one of your responses to him. It's like watching two people who used to date try to have a civil conversation about their relationship.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#815 c-a-n-u-c-k-s

c-a-n-u-c-k-s

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

Unfortunately for me that would be impossible as the status that you said it in is since long gone.

But I do confirm that you made a status about Cody Hodgson playing better than Zack, and in your replies you asked someone why Zack Kassian sucked. You can deny it all you want but deep down you probably know it's true, I know you will reply with the old "No I don't know what your talking about" but we both know you did.

And it isn't hard to see you are Anti-Kassian with the thread, aswell all the negative posts and status's about the trade that you have made. And now you just don't want to admit it since Kassian is making you look like a fool.

The exact quote was

"I hope that we didn't end up trading Cody Hodgson for a 4th line goon, thought I hope i'm wrong, I'm often not"

Clearly hinting that you thought he would be a be a 4th line goon, you hoped he wouldn't but you thought he would as is clear but the "I hope I'm wrong"

If you thought he was going to be a top 6 forward, why would you have hoped you wrong?

And your concerns may have been valid, but they were ridiculously stupid, as you were just reaching at whatever straws you could grasp to raise a flag about Zack before it was ever determined that a fair judgment could be made. And all this was done without circumstances being taken into consideration.

And judging by your replies to some of the earlier responses (And what you said originally) it was clear you weren't watching many of the Wolves games. Another fail in the logic of your judgment.

Regardless that's all water under the bridge as Zack is playing exceptionally now, and has shown it is the AHL for a reason, not the NHL.

Is that really all you have left to grasp ahold of.

"His shooting percentage won't continue"

Maybe his shooting percentage is higher because he is going to the right areas and doing the right things. And before you say it's the Sedins carrying him (Which it hasn't he has easily been the best of the 3) Cody could never play with the Twins like Kassian does. Not to mention Cody hasn't been the best of the Sabres top 3 and has been benefiting off Vanek's exceptional play. Where as here Kassian has been the best of our top 3.

Also rather than replying to the undeniable fact that Cody's goals have been far more lucky than Zacks, aswell as that he hasn't brought near the physical play or intangibles, you simple try to spin it elsewhere rather than face the music.

Why am I not surprised that you can never say "Fair enough" and actually give credit where credit is due...

Thank you for putting that into words.

This thread reminds me of how children and childish adults act when their opinion is shown to be complete nonsense.
They don't have the maturity to see past their own pride or own up to having been shown to be wrong... always grasping for the last word... one more issue to prove their opinion WAS well thought out... and made sense...

But guess what... just as childish are the children and adults who pile on and take too much pride for "being right" - I know, cuz I do it sometimes - and it's worth the effort to try to recognize & change those diseased attitudes.

"Don't be afraid to be weak,
Don't be too proud to be strong...." - Enigma from "The Return To Innocence"
i make music - here it is - and run a label & musician community - sectionz [savant, mr.bill, katfyr, sirensceol, virtual riot, kaster etc....] (mainly edm)

#816 oeteman

oeteman

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

Why are people criticizing Kassian when hes playing great on our top line? I'll never understand some of you "Canucks fans". Kid is developing perfectly, gaining confidence, and scoring goals... stop complaining! /thread

#817 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,831 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

Why are people criticizing Kassian when hes playing great on our top line? I'll never understand some of you "Canucks fans". Kid is developing perfectly, gaining confidence, and scoring goals... stop complaining! /thread

It has nothing to do with Kassian really - it's residual whining over the Hodgson trade, and resentment for MG that he sent their idol elsewhere, hoping his decision would result in a failure, vindicating all the moping and whining.

#818 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,843 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

It has nothing to do with Kassian really - it's residual whining over the Hodgson trade, and resentment for MG that he sent their idol elsewhere, hoping his decision would result in a failure, vindicating all the moping and whining.

Says it all .. life goes on .. oh-blah-dee, oh-blah-dah ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#819 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

:lol:

Oh sunshine........ I've been here almost 10 years, and if I were going to leave because someone had a dissenting opinion on something, I'd have been gone the first year.Hurt feelings? Can't stand the heat? Please, try another tack, your schtick doesn't work with me.

As I said, the coach of this team sees far more of Kassian's play than you or I do and as such knows whether a player has 'earned' his spot to play with Henrik and Daniel or not. Obviously AV does feel Kassian has earned it as he is playing on that line, is he not?????

Your comment regarding Kassian 'earning' his spot comes off as mere trolling as it is patently clear he has earned his spot as he is playing on the line with H&D. What's not to understand? You appear to pride yourself on this vast hockey knowledge stored up in your brain yet fail to grasp something this simple? Really? Come on, now......

Have I ever told you the definition of insanity? :P

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#820 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,342 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

To be fair...what you just posted is vastly different than saying Kassian sucks. That's the thing with King; he never really says anything. He's implied he dislikes Kassian, he's implied he dislikes Garrison, he's implied that he wants these players to fail while the players they've replaced to succeed. He's implied that he doesn't like Gillis and disagrees with every move he makes. (Well other than Raymond signing which was funny because Raymond went to mediation did he not?) Almost everything with King is implied. Lots of words but nothing said which gives him the opportunity to make you look silly when you claim he's actually said anything.

Honestly..I find him funny as well but you two should have your own sub-forum. I would guess that at least half of the time King quotes someone on here it's quoting one of your responses to him. It's like watching two people who used to date try to have a civil conversation about their relationship.

I try to not be that bad.

You do make a point though, he does imply thing so he has a backup in-case what he implies goes south.

zackass.png

#821 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

And yet one of your points of contention with Garrison is his age vs his experience in the NHL.

That's called being a hypocrite.

No, no it's not. I'm not praising Mike Kostka. I'm praising the journey that he took to earn a chance in the NHL at 27. He's someone who "earned" his opportunity - paying his dues, etc. - my comparison was to the person who emphatically stated that Kassian "earned" his spot with the twins, after - what is it, 20 games with the Canucks?

Like many on this site, you need to read more slowly.

#822 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

If that's the card that you want to play, fine. You're aware that you're essentially conceding your opinion of all matters related to the Canucks to Alain Vigneault, right?

IE - you can really never have an issue with any decision that AV makes, since he "sees far more" of whatever your complaint is than you do, right?

Tanev not playing enough? Sure he is! AV knows all!

Schroeder sent down? Oh well; AV sees him far more than I do!

Edited by King of the ES, 01 February 2013 - 01:20 PM.

#823 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

No, no it's not. I'm not praising Mike Kostka. I'm praising the journey that he took to earn a chance in the NHL at 27. He's someone who "earned" his opportunity - paying his dues, etc. - my comparison was to the person who emphatically stated that Kassian "earned" his spot with the twins, after - what is it, 20 games with the Canucks?

Like many on this site, you need to read more slowly.

during the off-season the sedins went to kassian and asked him to work out with them seems like the sedins themselves felt he was ready to play with them and wanted to give him the chance to play on their line and every game you watch him play with the sedins he is earning that spot nothing is permanent its only been 7 games into the season AV could easily give burrows the spot back when kesler and booth come back then have kassian move to the 2nd line

#824 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,052 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

If that's the card that you want to play, fine. You're aware that you're essentially conceding your opinion of all matters related to the Canucks to Alain Vigneault, right?

IE - you can really never have an issue with any decision that AV makes, since he "sees far more" of whatever your complaint is than you do, right?

he's the blooming coach

#825 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,964 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

It's not lost on anyone that those are all hypothetical and that the only realm where you are not full of crap is in the land of hopes and dreams. You made this thread because you felt Kass was overrated. While we were eager to see him play, we hardly expected him to be our leading goal scorer and thus he is clearly underrated. You've constantly railed against AV and MG's decisions but the kid is producing just like they said he could. We got a bonafide 1st liner in exchange for a whiney kid with no size or speed who was never going to do well here. Both Kass, Hodgson and their organizations are better for it. The trade was good, Kassian is a damn good player and you've been acting like an idiot.

At this point, the only warning signs in this thread are the ones encouraging you to cut out the trolling if you intend to remain a member of this forum. But by all means, keep it up. I'm sure it'll go over great for you.

#826 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

POPULAR

It's all good that you're standing up for yourself , but be a man a admit your first post was not as intelligent and thought-out as you first thought. Many have pointed out your many flaws in that first post ,therefore I'm not going to repeat them. I find it funny how you are the perfect example of the saying " Drop the shovel" or in your case I've change it to " grab the life preserver" because its obvious you have no idea you are drowning.

Edited by Vancanwincup, 01 February 2013 - 02:34 PM.

#827 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

They should put a warning sign in the visitors dressing room. "Beware of Kassian" and have a silhouette of the toothless s.o.b. on it.

Edited by thad, 01 February 2013 - 02:46 PM.

#828 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

POPULAR

:rolleyes:

As I said, your schtick doesn't work with me, I see right through you and your BS trolling post content.

The man on the ice with his players and watching them play is in far better position to know his players than you, the armchair coach who thinks he knows everything about everything. As such, the man who sees more of his players than you do has the credibility factor sewn up in comparison to yours.

Your MO is always to imply so you can never be held to a specific.....you use it to provoke Canucks fans here on CDC.....that is a form of trolling, something you obviously have not learned anything about as your suspension did not appear to teach you anything. You're not fooling anyone......you've been well identified.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 01 February 2013 - 02:57 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#829 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

Classic example of the OP not understanding the player or the situation he is in.

...................or just plain trolling
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#830 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

We got a bonafide 1st liner in exchange for a whiney kid with no size or speed who was never going to do well here.

Zack's gotta be the first 7-game "bonafide 1st liner" in history.

And it's also nice to see that you carry no bitterness towards Cody Hodgson.

#831 c-a-n-u-c-k-s

c-a-n-u-c-k-s

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

Oh i didn't know he's only ever played 7 games. Wow AV must be a complete moron!
i make music - here it is - and run a label & musician community - sectionz [savant, mr.bill, katfyr, sirensceol, virtual riot, kaster etc....] (mainly edm)

#832 Mighty Walrus

Mighty Walrus

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

#833 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

:rolleyes:

As I said, your schtick doesn't work with me, I see right through you and your BS trolling post content.

The man on the ice with his players and watching them play is in far better position to know his players than you, the armchair coach who thinks he knows everything about everything. As such, the man who sees more of his players than you do has the credibility factor sewn up in comparison to yours.

Your MO is always to imply so you can never be held to a specific.....you use it to provoke Canucks fans here on CDC.....that is a form of trolling, something you obviously have not learned anything about as your suspension did not appear to teach you anything. You're not fooling anyone......you've been well identified.

Hahaha

#834 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

POPULAR

Does your ass ever get jealous of the bullshit that comes out of your mouth?

#835 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Just watch the Kass assassin snipe the sh** out of you with his 'crappy' shot.
AUmxe4h.gif
Credit to JimLahey for this awesome sig

TACIC

Yes i am a Leafs fan too, DEAL WITH IT!!

Go Canucks Go!

#836 Quint

Quint

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

Does your ass ever get jealous of the bullshit that comes out of your mouth?

Dude, I am so stealing this.

#837 Quint

Quint

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Well, the thing about her post is she takes a stand and makes her opinion known, so you are able to call her onto the carpet. You hide behind passively expressing your opinion as a "hope it doesn't happen". How about you own the things you say and engage in a debate about your opinion instead of hiding behind passive language- that would make you a more engaging poster and your threads way less trollish.

#838 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,929 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

Kassian is doing really well but he was slotted on to the line due to multiple injuries,not because he 'earned it'.
That is ridiculous to the point of star bursting trolling extraordinaire.
Could be you are devoid of hockey common sense because it is ridicuous to even suggest he 'earned it'.
How,when,where?
Certainly not with his play on this team last season.
He could not even be trusted to be slotted in on the last game of the playoffs - on the fourth line.
Troll la la la la

Edited by nuck nit, 01 February 2013 - 06:32 PM.

#839 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

Tu me fais chier.
Posted Image

#840 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

you need to realize the situation that the canucks are in when someone says Kassian has earned his spot. We are down 2 top 6 forwards we lack serious depth on top end talent.
If we were a fully healthy Team and Kass got tossed on the top line after 1 good shift with the twins i might question AV.
He seemed to fit with them and with the lack of options he earned that spot giving coach AV several options with the other lines without completely disrupting the top lines point production.
It gave him the chance to try Burrows on different lines and even at center without having to focus on the #1 line.
AV knows very well the situation the Canucks are in and he had to make some tough choices that could have failed big time.. lucky for him , the fans and Kassian the top line is looking good esp once the twins get some mojo back.

That is what is meant by he earned his chance on the top line. heck if Kesler and Booth started the season he and Jordan might very well be down with the wolves right now. but what do i know.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.