1322 replies to this topic

#961 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

Oh wow you people are actually delusional. I don't think this is the place for me. He was the worst forward tonight by a large margin. Anyone who doesn't have their head up their ass would tell you that. Oh man, you guys gave me a good laugh.

Please do go, because we have enough clueless know it alls already and the stupid meter might brust with you aboard.

#962 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

Oh wow you people are actually delusional. I don't think this is the place for me. He was the worst forward tonight by a large margin. Anyone who doesn't have their head up their ass would tell you that. Oh man, you guys gave me a good laugh.

O noe plZ don't go. We ne

#963 sakage.shinga

sakage.shinga

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

So when Henrik & Dan gets held off the scoresheet, they must also be bad players? Man I'm no hockey expert, but apparently I know more than you.
Posted Image

#964 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

I actually thought he put in a pretty solid third line game.

Of course, I am a delusional Canucklehead of the very worst sort, so take it for what it's worth.

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#965 Oliewud

Oliewud

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Kassian had a great game today regardless of the score sheet. Hes a real gem. Ignore the trolls folks...same ones that hate, same ones that tag along.

#966 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

He needs to throw his weight around more, but he was solid defensively besides the odd turnover.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#967 Oliewud

Oliewud

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

He needs to throw his weight around more, but he was solid defensively besides the odd turnover.

With great power comes great responsiblity...

#968 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

Well I don't know how we'll manage to go on without you but I guess we'll have to find a way. :bigblush:

#969 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

POPULAR

He didn't look good. No hits, no fights, got one shot I think that had no chance of going in. Terrible.

So I take it that you missed the scoring chance he fired high barely by a few inches, his takeaways and net front presence throughout the game.

Besides, at least he hasn't been on the ice for 21 goals against in 10 games played like Cody has.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#970 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

POPULAR

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#971 One one two

One one two

Got skipped

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,863 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

He had one of his poorer outings, not sure why Bossy is getting berated like this.
Posted Image

#972 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

I thought 22 year old players were supposed to dominate every night. What's going on? I don't understand.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#973 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I would up this 100 times if I can

Edited by Piggy1983, 07 February 2013 - 11:31 PM.

#974 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,372 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

If that's a bad game for Kass, we have nothing to worry aboul.

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#975 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

Yep, no points, and +1 on the third line. Trade for picks.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#976 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,702 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

I thought 22 year old players were supposed to dominate every night. What's going on? I don't understand.

Guess how old Alex Stojanov was when he went to Pittsburgh?

#977 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

Guess how old Bertuzzi was before he had a 25g 50pt season?

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#978 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

What does that have to do with anything?

Thanks for coming out though.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#979 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:31 AM

Patience my friends, i still think we won this trade in the long run..

I have both kassian and hodgson in my fantasy pool as late picks :)

Edited by frazzY, 08 February 2013 - 01:33 AM.

#980 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

Patience my friends, i still think we won this trade in the long run..

I have both kassian and hodgson in my fantasy pool as late picks :)

If I were you, I'd be shopping Kassian and keeping CoHo. I like Kassian as much as anyone around but he's just not going to get the plum minutes consistently like Hodgson will since Kassian can still be effective in a bottom-six checking role whereas Hodgson can't.

#981 22Sedinery33

22Sedinery33

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

Mods please get rid of this moron... :picard:
Posted Image

#982 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:55 AM

Kassian was amazing tonight, he broke into the offensive zone *almost* every time he got the puck. (2nd period screw up aside) I really liked the way he and Schroeder played together with Schroeder's speed opening up lanes while the defense was scrambling to get to Kassian who was crashing the net. There was a couple really good scoring opportunities and the wild defense could not contend with 3 lines playing like we did. And Kassian is a big reason why.

#983 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,007 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

Why doesn't this thread get bumped when Kassian plays poorly???? Absolutely invisible the last few games.

Funny, I notice him every game. Whether it's a nice passing plays, breaking up a play, or parked in front of their goalie. It's the same with Schroeder, nice passes, battle along the boards, breaking plays up. Scoring isn't the be all and end all in sports. There's far more to the game than that.

Has Ballard been invisible? No recent hip checks, no fights, no goals, no assists.....
Posted Image

#984 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:48 AM

Besides, at least he hasn't been on the ice for 21 goals against in 10 games played like Cody has.

All Cody's fault, obviously.

:rolleyes:

#985 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:50 AM

He had one of his poorer outings, not sure why Bossy is getting berated like this.

Poor outing? did you watch the game his line was the best in the first 2 periods, pressure playing great defence. Gave his stick to Garrison and made a great kick pass to Garrison to clear the zone when the Wild were putting serious pressure on the Canucks. The goon show that the Wild hired this year wanted nothing to do with him. Lol to the posters here that wanted Konopka or Rupp on this team that is the definition of 5ht line plugs.

#986 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:50 AM

If I were you, I'd be shopping Kassian and keeping CoHo. I like Kassian as much as anyone around but he's just not going to get the plum minutes consistently like Hodgson will since Kassian can still be effective in a bottom-six checking role whereas Hodgson can't.

Oh yeah, I'm sure that's the reason. :rolleyes:

Dale Weise also surely would be leading this team in points if he was on the 1st line, but since Daniel Sedin isn't very effective in a bottom-six checking role, Dale will never be able to get those plum minutes on the top line.

Keep dreaming.

#987 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

Kassian was amazing tonight, he broke into the offensive zone *almost* every time he got the puck. (2nd period screw up aside) I really liked the way he and Schroeder played together with Schroeder's speed opening up lanes while the defense was scrambling to get to Kassian who was crashing the net. There was a couple really good scoring opportunities and the wild defense could not contend with 3 lines playing like we did. And Kassian is a big reason why.

I thought he was OK tonight. Not really noticeable besides the scoring chance that he had.

But my concern with Kassian is his skating. He doesn't seem to have any endurance at all. He'll have a decent burst of speed and then just totally coast a couple of strides later. In that respect, not at all comparable to Bertuzzi.

#988 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:03 AM

I thought he was OK tonight. Not really noticeable besides the scoring chance that he had.

But my concern with Kassian is his skating. He doesn't seem to have any endurance at all. He'll have a decent burst of speed and then just totally coast a couple of strides later. In that respect, not at all comparable to Bertuzzi.

You ever watch Lucic skate Kassian makes him look like he is in glue, same with Clowe and that is the 2 guys that are his comparables right now. Let him mature and develop and he has a good shot to become a David Backes type player.

#989 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,418 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:37 AM

Seriously is your name meant to be ironic?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#990 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,418 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

Generally, the type of player he is, that is what you get. Not a lot of power forwards are going to win a skating race. Bertuzzi was the same. He was a good skater but he wasn't that quick. I mean it seems that you're incorrect about the endurance thing because he's not sluggishly skating around the ice at the end of his shifts.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.