The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Multiple Warning Signs Surrounding Zack Kassian

King of the ES

This kid continues to impress. If there's one thing that stands out as a point of "concern" is that he has yet to tally an assist.

regards,

G.

was thinking the same thing, was thinking if he doesn't get a goal please get an assist..

but they will come he does like to pass.

King was obviously wrong about Kassian.

What about the Lu being a backup and a distraction?

His opinions worked great during the lockout, because everyone was speculating and no games were being played.

It's too bad he's to much of a panzy to take the heat he deserves.

Talk about p!ssing in to the wind.

King was obviously wrong about Kassian.

What about the Lu being a backup and a distraction?

His opinions worked great during the lockout, because everyone was speculating and no games were being played.

It's too bad he's to much of a panzy to take the heat he deserves.

Talk about p!ssing in to the wind.

He's still here he's just called swedish viking now.

Hahaha, I just checked his posts, and yeah. Sounds like him. I find it funny that he hasn't bothered posting in this thread even though he changed his name. Also, his last post as King of ES was him defending his position on Kassian, comparing him to Bernier again, and saying that there is no reason for an apology. In essence, everyone was wrong and he was right again.

And while it's nice that he does seem willing to throw the body, at times, and drop the gloves, at times, I really hope that we didn't trade Cody Hodgson for a bottom-six goon that will be lucky to get 5 - 10 goals per year in limited minutes.

Who else is concerned?

So now that it's taken him all of 7 NHL games to reach the 5g mark, how concerned should we be that he'll go goalless in the next 41 games?

Guest Gumballthechewy

This kid continues to impress. If there's one thing that stands out as a point of "concern" is that he has yet to tally an assist.

regards,

G.

Hey, it's not his fault the twins are in total awe of his raw skill and can't focus on their game.

:bigblush:

What impresses me is his touch and eye for killer pass. Apparently he was invited to train with the Sedins during the lockout. He does seem to have some interesting chemistry.

They said Burr was the third Sedin, it looks like there could be a 4th in the making.

Again someone last night said he looked like he had come on 3 years in 6 months. I just hope he is able to maintain this level at the age of 22.

King of the ES

Member Since 27 May 2012

Offline Last Active Yesterday, 06:41 PM

I guess King's around but simply speechless ::D

"Speechless", yes, but that's because I was banned and unable to post.

I still don't know why so many seem to think that I'm rooting for Kassian to fail. If you actually read the post, I am simply stating concern that his year-over-year production in the AHL had declined. Please explain why this is such a preposterous question to ask.

One thing that I will say, though, is that Zack Kassian's 5 goals come off of just 15 shots. That is a shooting percentage that is simply not sustainable. I would not bet on this hot start continuing, unless he starts to become a lot more involved in the offense than what he's shown to date. Let's be honest - 3 of his 5 goals have been effective empty-netters. Kudos to him for being in the right spot, at the right time, but I expect a significant pullback in his goals as a fan.

I still don't know why so many seem to think that I'm rooting for Kassian to fail. If you actually read the post, I am simply stating concern that his year-over-year production in the AHL had declined. Please explain why this is such a preposterous question to ask.

One thing that I will say, though, is that Zack Kassian's 5 goals come off of just 15 shots. That is a shooting percentage that is simply not sustainable. I would not bet on this hot start continuing, unless he starts to become a lot more involved in the offense than what he's shown to date. Let's be honest - 3 of his 5 goals have been effective empty-netters. Kudos to him for being in the right spot, at the right time, but I expect a significant pullback in his goals as a fan.

Well well well...

He's hit, he's fought, he's provided the Sedins with some security, and as you've said has been in the right spot at the right time. Although if it was Hodgson potting in those tap ins, I'm sure you'd just accredit it to his "Hockey IQ"

The only thing he hasn't done is gotten as assist, so go ahead and bitch about that. While you're at it why don't you tell us some more about Schroeder doesn't belong on the team?

Hodgson 3

Kassian 5

unless he starts to become a lot more involved in the offense than what he's shown to date.

Hey genius, it's not his job to get "a lot more involved in the offensse", whatever that means. With the Sedins, it's his job to provide protection, go to the right spots, and deposit the disc behind the line. I'd say he's doing all 3 of those things remarkably well.

as a fan.

Ahh hahaha!!

Guest Gumballthechewy

Kudos to him for being in the right spot, at the right time, but I expect a significant pullback in his goals as a fan.

Umm... Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't being "in the right spot at the right time" the hallmark if a great goal scorer?

If I am not mistaken a large amount of Gretzky's goals where garbage goals and him just being "in the right spot at the right time".

No that I'm comparing Kassian to one of the greatest hockey players ever...

I think you could count on one hand the amount of delusional Canuck fans who actually believe he will continue on this pace (34 goals in 48 games by my math). He's a young player, there'll be peaks and valleys to his season. My guess is he'll end up with about 15...maybe 20 if he's lucky/can somehow maintain a sizable amount of momentum. Anything beyond that is gravy

However I also think it's safe to say that your original assessment is quite obviously off base. Ie: you were plainly, and vastly wrong.

However I also think it's safe to say that your original assessment is quite obviously off base. Ie: you were plainly, and vastly wrong.

Actually, I was plainly, and vastly correct. Have you read the post? What am I doing besides expressing concern over year-over-year declines of his in the AHL?

Am I saying that he's a bust? Am I saying that he's going to fail? Am I saying anything other than that this decline in production is a concern?

Interested to see how I'm "plainly, and vastly wrong" according to you.

Archived