1322 replies to this topic

#91 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

This thread is not about Cody Hodgson. .

Yes it is, they all are.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#92 TrippleOverTime

TrippleOverTime

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

stop posting with your negative threads............please burn your canucks jersery and go join the flames fan club

#93 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

You've made several statements in this thread that demonstrate trolling.

It needs to stop.

I don't believe so. He hates Gillis enough that Mike could cure AIDS and still want him fired for trading Cody. Regardless, it's a different opinion and I don't see that as trolling.

Also, I don't believe that allows for the flaming in response either from some other posters in this very thread.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#94 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,548 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

Trying to predict point totals of a player or what kind of player they'll become is ridiculous. There's really no basis for it. The only thing you can do is follow them where they are now. Nobody's a fortune teller.

Bertuzzi didn't even look like he would be a star at 22. He had bust written all over him. That's why it's silly to try and limit what a player will become at this age. There's tons of great players that were never projected to be stars.

And a ton of projected stars that turned out to be busts. Just let him play and we will see how he works out, but putting to much undeserved pressure on him is a sure way for him to look like a bust.

Edit: I know your not putting pressure and talking him up, that was directed to people in general.

Edited by Nino, 31 December 2012 - 07:13 PM.

#95 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,214 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

He's not a bust.

Patrick White? Now THAT'S a bust.
Posted Image

#96 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

im still not sold on kassian. i think it was a bad trade BUT...who really cares what I think.

I would love to be proven wrong, and I hope kassian becomes a superstar...i just dont think thats going to happen (but thats just me)

edit: that being said...let him get a full season of NHL hockey in...or 2..or 3 before we write the guy off

Edited by canucks.bradley, 31 December 2012 - 07:16 PM.

Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#97 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

We're playing 1 goal games, we don't score much. It's not that great but we're doing alright.
Posted Image

#98 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Might want to add as well that the talent in the AHL is much higher than last year with a surplus of talent going down. It is only natural that the points would shift from the younger guys to the more talented nhl regulars.

...like...Justin Schultz, perhaps?

:bigblush:

#99 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

What a stupid thread. This is breaking balls for the sake of breaking balls and King of the BS does this plenty. He's played 27 games -- slightly more than 1/4 of the season and we're complaining about his production and how he's appearing to be a bust? That's like getting your report card after one week of school and people coming to the conclusion you're a stupid twit who's going to fail the grade because you underachieved on a math test.

So I guess you didn't put any stock into the fact that Kassian had 15 goals and 26 points in 30 AHL games last season, at the time of his acquisition? I recall his AHL production being referenced many times by Gillis as an important factor in the decision.

#100 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

He's not a bust.

Patrick White? Now THAT'S a bust.

Who said "bust"? Not me.

Heaven forbid somebody referencing an alleged high-end prospect's declining year-over-year numbers. *GASP*, what a troll.

Why is it that anything that isn't rah-rah Canucks gets automatically labeled as trolling? Nowhere have I said that Kassian is a bust. These warning signs are worthy of discussion, though.

#101 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,906 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

Hi Deb, don't give into a lot of posters on CDC accussing others of trolling. King has demonstrated telling numbers which is hard to argue with. I'm not even sure why others have already dismissed it but it's crystal clear. I think something is not going right with Kassian or his development which the management needs to address.

This has nothing to do with giving in to anyone.....the numbers are fine, it's the "your Vancouver Canucks" and similar statements (some that may have been cleaned up?) that demonstrate the fact that he is not a fan, but is here to prove us wrong. And that becomes trolling.

Kassian will continue to learn/develop...at 21, he's still at that stage in the NHL. He already is taking steps in that direction and some of his passing lately has been beautiful (his assist last game?)....so there are things that the numbers don't show. Sure, time will tell and he could be a bust - but let's just have a wait and see approach until enough time to make an assessment has transpired? Hard for the management to address anything when no one's playing!

And maybe the rah rah Canucks aren't the problem....maybe the problem is that some people need players to be showstopping blockbuster superstars or they're "no good"? With that,some will just develop into solid, consistent players that don't ring up the numbers but that doesn't make them bad players.

Posted Image

#102 StevenStamkos

StevenStamkos

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

Opens thread with title that critiques Kassian

Sees King of the BS

Nothing to see here. Only an ignorant troll.

Honestly, if it were anyone else complaining about Kassian, I would respond to answer the post. However, King just takes every opportunity to rip Kassian. You'd think he stole his imaginary girlfriend.

Follow me on twitter! @RealStamkos91

#103 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,843 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Deb makes some vital points.
The kid shows flashes of brilliance and of having elite level skill.
He is 22 years old and some young guys take longer to develop and/or mature.
He could use all the help he can get on many levels and he will likely receive that from the Canucks.org so it is a waiting game for him to develop into a consistent pro.

#104 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

This has nothing to do with giving in to anyone.....the numbers are fine, it's the "your Vancouver Canucks" and similar statements (some that may have been cleaned up?) that demonstrate the fact that he is not a fan, but is here to prove us wrong. And that becomes trolling.

FYI, I grew up in Vancouver and only left for college. "Your" Vancouver Canucks is a reference towards the PA announcer at the games, it has nothing to do with the team that I am a fan of. I am a fan of the Canucks, which is why I spend so much time on this message board. I would think that that would be pretty obvious. Team1040 is streamed daily from my home in Chicago. First and foremost, I follow the Canucks.

RE: "to prove us wrong". I'm bringing up concerns about a prospect based on hard numbers. Isn't that what message boards are for? To engage in discussion over these things?

Kassian will continue to learn/develop...at 22, he's still at that stage in the NHL. He already is taking steps in that direction and some of his passing lately has been beautiful (his assist last game?)....so there are things that the numbers don't show. That's only part of it. Sure, time will tell and he could be a bust - but let's just have a wait and see approach until enough time to make an assessment has transpired?

There's that word again - "bust", which I never said. Howcome anything that's not cheerleading on this site is trolling? Why can't these things just be discussed by adults?

#105 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,246 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

So I guess you didn't put any stock into the fact that Kassian had 15 goals and 26 points in 30 AHL games last season, at the time of his acquisition? I recall his AHL production being referenced many times by Gillis as an important factor in the decision.

It was different in Rochester, he was playing with a team that piled up points and played with a steady linemate in Foligno.

Not to mention, the skill level in the AHL is much higher this season due to the lockout and as a result, the whole team is suffering.

After watching Kassian and Archibald on the same line last game it seems as if they compliment each other well. Much like when Foligno was on Kassian's line.

So maybe you should just wait and see; who knows, he might be a 2 p/g player for the rest of the season or not pickup any points at all. Hold up and wait to see what happens before making a thread like this to make a large percentage of cdc angry.
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#106 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,843 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

To be fair,Kassian hit a pretty good rough spot and was benched.
It was not exactly a positive or what any franchise puts on a list of things to do to make a rookie develop better or quicker.
The kid has some issues but that is life.
Let's see how he does.

#107 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

Can you tell me what in Kassian's game you are worried about? What he does well, what his weaknesses are and give an assessment of his play so far.

Since you draw concerns, I would like to know what you think it is in his game that is the problem.

Cause honestly ignorance aside, if you look at the way the wolves have played this year the entire team has gone through a slump, and yet JS and ZK have still managed to be among our most consistent players and have put up points consistently, on better teams (Like the Americans) they would both be producing to their potential.

From watching the games and seeing the way this team has played and the mistakes that are being made, the coach as to go IMO.

But nonetheless I would like you to address the 1st part of my post.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 31 December 2012 - 08:24 PM.

zackass.png

#108 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Get him some good line-mates and he'll do fine.

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#109 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

We know nothing until someone plays a season or two in the NHL. Time with the pros and seeing what it takes and how to prepare do not always start with a young player. Todd Bertuzzi and Markus Naslund come to miind about developing after a few years. And no i am by no means comparing these players just pointing out what i have seen over a long time.

#110 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

But nonetheless I would like you to address the 1st part of my post.

Read the original post. My concerns are pretty well-documented.

#111 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

No not really, you give us the stats and that's it.

I'm asking you to tell me what it is in his actual game that is leading to this 'disaster' statistically, what in his game needs to be improved and what is good.

zackass.png

#112 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

I found this hilarious.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#113 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

...like...Justin Schultz, perhaps?

:bigblush:

can we get over the fact he was not going to come to Van city he made the best possible choice for himself and his future.

also this anti kassian crap from you kinda reminds me of the hate from clutch on burrows..
and how did that turn out.

i am not even a big Kassian fan i thought he was over rated until i started to pay attention to what he does and how he does it.

the pic in my sig is in reference to how everyone expected him to be a huge powerhouse as a 21 year old coming to vancouver and destroy anyone and everyone in his way... that is not the player that he is he is more then just a big body.
the kid will be a star .

Edited by surtur, 31 December 2012 - 10:03 PM.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#114 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,471 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

So it's proven, you aren't a fan of the team.

Hasn't this been obvious for quite some time?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#115 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

You're still failing to understand the whole team is down in point production and he's tied for team lead in points. You try to come across as being someone who put thought into your post, but you left out some important facts:
1) Different Team and system
2) Different Coach
3) Coaches expectations
4) Their actually too many factors for the numbers you posted to tell the whole story. Number do not lie, but they also do not tell the whole story and its clear you have a hard time understanding this fact.

Edited by Vancanwincup, 31 December 2012 - 11:03 PM.

#116 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

Hasn't this been obvious for quite some time?

Yeah.

But now it's confirmed.

zackass.png

#117 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

Whatever, Kassian sucks, I don't even care anymore time to overhype Jensen

Go Jensen
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#118 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

Whatever, Kassian sucks, I don't even care anymore time to overhype Jensen

Go Jensen

I'm glad to see that, you, King Of Bs, and Mr.MakesStupidPosts are all best friends now.
omGzzz teh codiez was trad3d kassian suks.
Get over it, Kassian will be great, all you people are, are the people that like to look down and degrade everything about our organization.
Posted Image

#119 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

Why can't these things just be discussed by adults?

"Discussion" in your mind appears to be you constantly re-stating your opinion, followed by you ignoring inconvenient truths or perspectives which are brought up to counter your position. Once you are put in a corner with no reasonable way to argue your points, you go off on a tangent or introduce a new topic which was not previously part of the discussion.

It's lots of fun trying to pin you down on something, but I wouldn't say it is anything like having an adult discussion. :)

regards,
G.

Edited by Gollumpus, 01 January 2013 - 03:00 AM.

Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#120 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

I'm glad to see that, you, King Of Bs, and Mr.MakesStupidPosts are all best friends now.
omGzzz teh codiez was trad3d kassian suks.
Get over it, Kassian will be great, all you people are, are the people that like to look down and degrade everything about our organization.

If I have that much power than I truly pity you. Your little inspiring speech only makes my devil horns more robust
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.