The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Multiple Warning Signs Surrounding Zack Kassian

King of the ES

Not me...

Kassian's real test will be early next season (whenever it is) when he gets a crack in our top 6 for a bit.

Crack at the top six? How about a crack at the bottem six. No reason to think that he is remotely ready for the top six. If he can't start on the third or forth and play well then he shouldn't make the team.

Crack at the top six? How about a crack at the bottem six. No reason to think that he is remotely ready for the top six. If he can't start on the third or forth and play well then he shouldn't make the team.

Interesting, MG was quoted as saying otherwise last year, that in 2013, he would get an oppty to play a more offensive role on the top two lines.

Guess you must be AV!

rochester this year has scored 31 more goals than the wolves without hodgson for much of the year.

What does that tell you about the teams systems and caliber of players around them? to me it would suggest they are much more offensively minded and probably gifted team.

chicago went from being a middle of the road offensive team last year to among the leagues worst this year. cant blame that all on the players some of the systems the team employs stifles offensive play and creativity.

I don't know i have only missed a couple wolves games this season and in the majority of the ones i have watched Kassian seems fine sure he a couple bad games or not so good games.. but a lot of game even when not getting points he was playing smart..

Interesting, MG was quoted as saying otherwise last year, that in 2013, he would get an oppty to play a more offensive role on the top two lines.

Guess you must be AV!

The interesting thing is is that MG was quoted as saying that before we saw just how far he was from the NHL. He was trying to justify the trade.

Didn't MG say something about Lou a few years ago as well?

Bottem line is he may be a great player for us in the future and he my not but he should have to earn it as his style is not a high skill forward that could only work in the top nine. If a player like zack can't work hard on the third or forth we don't want him.

Do you think otherwise? You think he should get a free pass without showing us anything?

How does he lack high end talent..

Do you even know what makes him successful....?

Not sure what people have against Kadri, other than the fact that he's a Leafs prospect.

If he was a Canucks prospect, he would be one of our best prospects in most people's minds.

It's not his fault the Leafs are such a crappy team, and tried to force him into the NHL too soon. The kid still has a ton of talent, he just needs a little more maturity. Which he probably has gained by now.

I would have no problem adding him to our prospect pool. This team needs all the high end prospects it can get it's hands on.

u just want to argue the same points over hey?

Lol that video suits you well.

I love how you have no issue disecting that he has some weakness's yet whenever I bring up his strengths you don't even reply with anything, speaks to your intelligence.

I can understand critizing prospects but your just biased, and if you think so little of Kadri I guess you have absolutely no hope for Schroeder. And even believe that Kassian won't be able to become a bonified top 6 forward, since Kadri has acomplished more than both thus-far.

Not sure what people have against Kadri, other than the fact that he's a Leafs prospect.

If he was a Canucks prospect, he would be one of our best prospects in most people's minds.

It's not his fault the Leafs are such a crappy team, and tried to force him into the NHL too soon. The kid still has a ton of talent, he just needs a little more maturity. Which he probably has gained by now.

I would have no problem adding him to our prospect pool. This team needs all the high end prospects it can get it's hands on.

I know no kidding, +1

Kassian is tied for the team lead in points. Gordon, Ebbett, Sterling, and Haydar are all point per game NHL players who have seen a significant drop in production on this curent wolves team. Lets look at these players and how they performed in a previous recent season:

Gordon - .384ppg this season, 1.14ppg in 10/11 season

Sterling - .72 ppg this season, .849 ppg last season

Ebbett - .67 ppg this seson, 1.02 ppg 10/11 season

Haydar - .583 ppg this season, .961ppg 10/11 season

Huge drops, with the exception of Stirling. I think this is a combination of poor coaching, poor systems, and too many offensive players on one team.

I think guys like Rodin and Sweatt are bigger concerns. Both were 2nd round picks and are small, offensive guys (although both have some defensive game as wel). Rodin has 1 goal, 8 points in 22 games and Sweatt has 8 points in 22 games. Most of us predicted 40-60 point seasons for those two.

In conclusion, I think Kassian and Schroeder would be point per game players if on a different AHL team.

Kassian is tied for the team lead in points. Gordon, Ebbett, Sterling, and Haydar are all point per game NHL players who have seen a significant drop in production on this curent wolves team. Lets look at these players and how they performed in a previous recent season:

Gordon - .384ppg this season, 1.14ppg in 10/11 season

Sterling - .72 ppg this season, .849 ppg last season

Ebbett - .67 ppg this seson, 1.02 ppg 10/11 season

Haydar - .583 ppg this season, .961ppg 10/11 season

Huge drops, with the exception of Stirling. I think this is a combination of poor coaching, poor systems, and too many offensive players on one team.

I think guys like Rodin and Sweatt are bigger concerns. Both were 2nd round picks and are small, offensive guys (although both have some defensive game as wel). Rodin has 1 goal, 8 points in 22 games and Sweatt has 8 points in 22 games. Most of us predicted 40-60 point seasons for those two.

In conclusion, I think Kassian and Schroeder would be point per game players if on a different AHL team.

Biggest disappointment has to be Ebbett. He's supposed to be the team's number 1 center. An if your number 1 center is not performing, then the team's offense is gonna suffer.

But it's pretty obvious that something is not right on the team. The system just doesn't match the personnel on the team. Arniel seems to wanna coach a low scoring grind em out game, but he has a team full of smaller skilled guys. Sure it worked a bit better when he had Pinizzotto and Sweatt in the lineup, but he's gotta adapt the game plan.

The lack of a top puck moving defenseman has been a problem too IMO. Connauton has had to limit that portion of his game, due to the fact that he was paired with Joslin most of the season, who is a weaker defensive player. Now that he's with Tanev, the offense has been much more aggressive because Connauton has been rushing the puck and pinching more.

I'm surprised the Wolves haven't gone out and shopped for another puck mover. But maybe Gillis has something in the works to help that. Either McNally joining the team, or a trade that's waiting for the CBA to be signed.

Might want to add as well that the talent in the AHL is much higher than last year with a surplus of talent going down. It is only natural that the points would shift from the younger guys to the more talented nhl regulars.

There is more to it than stats

What a stupid thread. This is breaking balls for the sake of breaking balls and King of the BS does this plenty. He's played 27 games -- slightly more than 1/4 of the season and we're complaining about his production and how he's appearing to be a bust? That's like getting your report card after one week of school and people coming to the conclusion you're a stupid twit who's going to fail the grade because you underachieved on a math test.

Archived