Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dudeone

Priest Blames Domestic Violence on Lack of Domesticity, Housework by Women

67 posts in this topic

Please oh please, good sir, tell me where someone responded to me. I must give everyone that asks me a question a rebuttal.. I wouldn't want to be a pixel coward now. It matters to me greatly what others think. Please sir tell me. :frantic:

you make some pretty big assumptions..........if it's her choice, that's not inequality, so what makes it an unequal relationship?

In his world (contrary to the real one), a woman cannot consciously choose to be a housewife. It is not a "partnership" and she cannot derive enjoyment from taking care of the house, or staying at home with the kids to raise them rather than let a daycare do that. Hence the equating of it to slavery. Just waiting on the Godwin now. :lol:

It's one thing to have one's views of what a relationship entails. It's another to try and tell others that's how they should see it. If anything that's contradictory itself to freedom of choice.

Typically when asked a direct question you answer. Hey if u don't play by those rules great, good for you.

In his world (contrary to the real one), a woman cannot consciously choose to be a housewife. It is not a "partnership" and she cannot derive enjoyment from taking care of the house, or staying at home with the kids to raise them rather than let a daycare do that. Hence the equating of it to slavery. Just waiting on the Godwin now. :lol:

It's one thing to have one's views of what a relationship entails. It's another to try and tell others that's how they should see it. If anything that's contradictory itself to freedom of choice.

This isn't boot camp it's a discussion board.

What happens pretty often on this board is I answer a question, then someone chimes in later in a discussion or in a different topic about the same thing and asks the same question I already answered. I don't feel obligated to repeatedly answer the same questions, nor do I feel I must respond to every question just because someone asks it, nor can I be on the forum at all points of a day to answer every question given the speed a topic tends to gather posts.

Those are the rules I play by, which no doubt you'll consider "cowardly". :lol: The great part about it is if people don't like it, they can do what I've done to two posters, which is ignore posts.