The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Priest Blames Domestic Violence on Lack of Domesticity, Housework by Women

dudeone

Again, I know many women who choose, yes choose, that role and are very very happy and completely fulfilled. Is that so hard to believe? I think our society would be a lot better with a little more tradition regarding home and family.........that sounds a lot better than letting our children raise themselves.......or worse yet, facebook and xbox

Pretty sure domestic abuse existed before women's lib.

Still, our society's lack of family values could be attributed to mothers no longer raising their children. However, there are many more factors involved. Economy being a big one. Not many families can afford a single income while still paying the bills.

I remember asking my mother that question when I was but a lad. She said that she always wanted children( 6 boys) and when I was old enough, I could take care of my brothers while her and dad were at work. She then enjoyed being a newspaper printer for 35 years, while I got to be my brothers supreme comander for awhile.Years later she said that she had the best of both worlds. I miss you mom. RIP.

You genuinely believe that most women who settle for the role of a housewife WANTED to grow up to be a housewife? I'd wager that a good many of them once had much higher aspirations and because of unforeseen events had to give up on those dreams. No one chooses to be subservient to others..feeling obligated to keep up the house, clean, cook...It isn't that they've chosen "housewife" it's because they either had little choice or it was a last resort.

I know many women who choose that role..........if its the role they, themselves, choose, does it make them any less admirable? I think raising a family and taking care of a household is as admirable as it gets.

when I get home from work, there is a drink, snack, and a clean house waiting for me when I walk in the door. I don't ask this of her, it's what makes her feel good.

You guys...too funny.

What do you want to do when you grow up little Jenny?

Oh, if I dare to dream....staying at home while my husband works so I can clean and cook and provide him with snacks when he gets home. Maybe if I'm lucky I could rub his feet!

You guys...too funny.

What do you want to do when you grow up little Jenny?

Oh, if I dare to dream....staying at home while my husband works so I can clean and cook and provide him with snacks when he gets home. Maybe if I'm lucky I could rub his feet!

why is it so hard fo you to believe that there are women who enjoy that? Why do you feel the need to ridicule them?

It's as much of a job as going out and working out of the home, and there's a lot more benefits to having someone to take of the household than not. In my opinion the "latch key kid" generation hasn't been good for society, overall.

Assume much? Disease? That's extremely harsh and unwarranted...I don't know where you came up with that...I'm not knocking being a housewife, I'm playing Devil's Advocate offering an opposing viewpoint that servility is not something that most women in this day and age aspire to.

Archived