66 replies to this topic

#61 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,225 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

Please oh please, good sir, tell me where someone responded to me. I must give everyone that asks me a question a rebuttal.. I wouldn't want to be a pixel coward now. It matters to me greatly what others think. Please sir tell me. :frantic:

Interacting with you is like dealing with a toddler , you have a very child like mentality.

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#62 inane

inane

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,033 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

you make some pretty big assumptions..........if it's her choice, that's not inequality, so what makes it an unequal relationship?

I suppose I can't imagine a woman or person who would choose servitude as their life.

#63 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,225 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

In his world (contrary to the real one), a woman cannot consciously choose to be a housewife. It is not a "partnership" and she cannot derive enjoyment from taking care of the house, or staying at home with the kids to raise them rather than let a daycare do that. Hence the equating of it to slavery. Just waiting on the Godwin now. :lol:

It's one thing to have one's views of what a relationship entails. It's another to try and tell others that's how they should see it. If anything that's contradictory itself to freedom of choice.

We are ALL glad that we do not live in YOUR world .

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#64 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

Typically when asked a direct question you answer. Hey if u don't play by those rules great, good for you.

This isn't boot camp it's a discussion board.

What happens pretty often on this board is I answer a question, then someone chimes in later in a discussion or in a different topic about the same thing and asks the same question I already answered. I don't feel obligated to repeatedly answer the same questions, nor do I feel I must respond to every question just because someone asks it, nor can I be on the forum at all points of a day to answer every question given the speed a topic tends to gather posts.

Those are the rules I play by, which no doubt you'll consider "cowardly". :lol: The great part about it is if people don't like it, they can do what I've done to two posters, which is ignore posts.

Edited by zaibatsu, 02 January 2013 - 02:42 PM.

#65 inane

inane

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,033 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

In his world (contrary to the real one), a woman cannot consciously choose to be a housewife. It is not a "partnership" and she cannot derive enjoyment from taking care of the house, or staying at home with the kids to raise them rather than let a daycare do that. Hence the equating of it to slavery. Just waiting on the Godwin now. :lol:

It's one thing to have one's views of what a relationship entails. It's another to try and tell others that's how they should see it. If anything that's contradictory itself to freedom of choice.

We've never mentioned kids, so perhaps you should work on your comprehension skills before you chirp in discussions that have nothing to do with you.

#66 inane

inane

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,033 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

This isn't boot camp it's a discussion board.

What happens pretty often on this board is I answer a question, then someone chimes in later in a discussion or in a different topic about the same thing and asks the same question I already answered. I don't feel obligated to repeatedly answer the same questions, nor do I feel I must respond to every question just because someone asks it, nor can I be on the forum at all points of a day to answer every question given the speed a topic tends to gather posts.

Those are the rules I play by, which no doubt you'll consider "cowardly". :lol: The great part about it is if people don't like it, they can do what I've done to two posters, which is ignore posts.

Yeah, why don't you go ahead and ignore me then. That would be great.

#67 SN -Admin

SN -Admin

Keeping it real

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Two brick walls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.