11 replies to this topic

#1 alpal06

alpal06

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

Luongo to Toronto has been talked about at nauseum...however with the CBA potentially including amnesty buy outs, it may prove to be the last asset the Canucks can offer to sweeten the pot for the Leafs to give up what Canucks management dubs the fair amount.

So Leafs, throw Mike Komisarek in there. By acquiring Komisarek and henceforth buying him out, the Leafs save the amnesty clause for a guy like Tim Connolly, thus opening up just under 9 million in cap dollars for this year, and the Canucks solidify the trade they want by exploiting the amnesty clause. The Canucks don't really have any real long term candidates for buyouts outside of Malhotra and Ballard. However, I maintain that Ballard has trade value, while it may not be much, he is a valuable asset in the right situation. Buying out Connolly may seem strange given its the final year of his contract, but other intriguing players are about to come available via buy outs and cap dumping trades. A guy like Dany Heatley for instance.

So maybe:

To Vancouver: Joffrey Lupul, Carl Gunnarson, Mike Komisarek
To Toronto: Roberto Luongo, Anton Rodin
Dear Mike Gillis,

For Christmas I would like another top prospect to watch in the World J's.

#2 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,982 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Luongo can get more than that. If he's going to Toronto its for prospects and picks. So maybe something like this

To Vancouver: Tyler Biggs + Nazem Kadri + 2013 1st or 2nd

To Toronto: Roberto Luongo + Mason Raymond

Luongo = Biggs, 1st/2nd
Raymond < Kadri

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 31 December 2012 - 04:01 PM.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#3 alpal06

alpal06

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

Fair enough, wanted to stay on this side of ridiculous in the proposal
Dear Mike Gillis,

For Christmas I would like another top prospect to watch in the World J's.

#4 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,982 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Fair enough, wanted to stay on this side of ridiculous in the proposal

If we get Lupul and get him to re-sign with us for a decent length then great, there's a top six forward. But since Lupul apparently hates us I don't see him wanting to stick around.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#5 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,440 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

If we get Lupul and get him to re-sign with us for a decent length then great, there's a top six forward. But since Lupul apparently hates us I don't see him wanting to stick around.

When did he say that?

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#6 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,982 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

When did he say that?

I remember a few CDCers saying he was chirping us hard on twitter during our playoff run a couple seasons ago. But who knows if that's true.

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 31 December 2012 - 04:37 PM.

#7 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,440 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

I remember a few CDCers saying he was chirping us hard on twitter during our playoff run a couple seasons ago. But who knows if that's true.

Ah, through twitter, where everyone chirps us. That wouldn't make a difference to me, though I still wouldn't want him 'cause of injury troubles.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#8 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

Malhotra is not a buy out candidate. He's UFA after this season.

Buyouts will happen at the end of 2012/13 season when teams would need to get under the proposed $60 million cap max for the 2013/14 season.

Connolly is also not a buy out candidate. Same reason as Malhotra. He will be UFA, won't have a contract to buy out.

#9 Disaronno

Disaronno

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

Luongo can get more than that. If he's going to Toronto its for prospects and picks. So maybe something like this

To Vancouver: Tyler Biggs + Nazem Kadri + 2013 1st or 2nd

To Toronto: Roberto Luongo + Mason Raymond

Luongo = Biggs, 1st/2nd
Raymond < Kadri

Love that trade. Would be nice to get Matt Finn included in the deal, would desperately help out our lack of quality defenders.

the-blacklist-poster-1.jpg

1190007304.png CDC STHS GM ||||| small.png CDCFL GM ||||| small.png EHL GM

#10 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,982 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

Love that trade. Would be nice to get Matt Finn included in the deal, would desperately help out our lack of quality defenders.

I don't think Toronto will include Finn as well. Probably if Kadri or Biggs was taken out.

#11 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Probably Not A Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

i'd rather go all out prospects/picks or current roster players, and not a mix.

the team's aging, and we need to build a solid team to win right now, or start building for the future and roll with a make the playoffs with a high seed, but then get taken out.

As much as I love lupul, we need a playmaking 2nd line winger, over a sniper. I'd like to see a defenceman come back our way as well. I'm still not a 100% w/ tanev so it'd be nice to have someone else there.

:>
Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#12 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Luongo (Canucks retain half his salary) FOR Campbell (Florida retains half his cap hit)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.