The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Premier Christy Clark glad to be a MILF

Gross-Misconduct

And the poster who makes comments like yours gets the banhammer.

BTW: The most surprising thing about this whole story is that the OP considers this an "OMG" comment. Biggest case of much ado about nothing that I've seen in a long time.

This is obviously a case of Liberal haters groping desperately for something to paint the premier in a negative light. Meanwhile the guy they want to replace her was guilty of forging a memo to cover up Glen Clark's conflict of interest, resulting in his firing.

I'll take the MILF over the liar every time...

Too funny - its the BC Liberal supporters throwing mud as usual and when people won't take the bait they go viral with their fear mongering.

The BC Liberals will be remembered for what could have been. Back when Gordo was elected he could have taken that pendulam and nailed it somewhere closer to center. Instead he bent it as far right as he could. It now only has one way to go - back to the left. It was that important to sell out to businuess that they knowingly set the path to an NDP goverment. It was never about fixing the province - ti was always about a full on sell out to businuess. Where are all those jobs? Where are all those raises that where to come from the HST? Why are we leading the country in household debt?

In my sons university class the majority are leaving the province as soon as they finish their degrees - why? Not becuase the NDP might be elected, rather because the wages have fallen and are stagnant, costs are the highest in Canada - simply put the damange of a decade of right wing doctrine has bankrupted this province. Without raising taxes we as a province are simply not bringing in enough taxes to pay for all that we require or need.

You would think that after a decade in power the air waves would be full of the BC Liberals telling us how good they are. Instead its non stop attacks on the NDP. I could care less if Cristy Clark jokes around - I see no difference in this and an incident 12 years ago where 2 NDP mla's shared a joke over a bouncing plastic toy placed on a desk ( google what it was )... It was just a joke.

What I do care about is that Cristy is doing nothing balance our provincial priorities that in any manner has or will benifit workers. Creating low wage jobs does not help the province. People making low wages pay little to no taxes - purchase few items that have HST and are subsidized for MSP. I care that family supporting jobs have been desimated under this right wing goverment. I care that this party has nothing to stand on so is in a perpetual state of fearmongering and mud slinging. I care that the gap between the top and the bottom under this goverment is the largest in our history. I care that families are carrying frightningly high levels of credit debt - more then they every carried under an NDP goverment and a few % interest increase could bring on our own financial disaster. I care that BC Liberal supporters seem more bent on idiologically driven support of that party and are doing nothing to demand that their party actually do something to bring balance in the province.

My opinion of Christy Clark was not changed one bit by her comments - Nor has my opinion of her party. I am still waiting for them to actually sell them selves to us rather than always attacking others. Where are all those jobs? Don't fear monger me not to vote for someone - Tell my why I should vote for her - and let her tell us what her plan is to re balance BC so that workers will have some rights in this province. After a decade in power if a polically party can't sell themselves on the good they do - its probably a good time for them to move on or atleast recognize the fact that they are on the wrong course and make some changes.

I'll take my Liberal Hate Hat off for a second here to show some neutrality.

OMG. The haters on here for such a harmless exchange of humor between Christy and the caller.

Oh ya, we're in Vancouver where most of these women hating males perfer to talk about themselves pushing in the stool of another man.

She's actually doing a decent job considering the economic state of the world. And as a Conservative, I hate that.

Putting my Liberal Hate Hat back on.

You are aware that the HST was repealed, right?

Thanks to a campaign of misinformation on the part of Bill Vander Zalm and the BC NDP party, the province voted to quash the HST at a massive cost to the taxpayers of BC, even though virtually every economist said that it was a long-term benefit for the province.

And when was the last time we saw economists agreeing on anything????

A perfect example of what my mentor and guru the late (as in deceased) George Carlin observed.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

I would like to say I am suprised at the gulliability of some folks - but with the tea party thriving it goes to show that the trickle down economic folks are still believing in that things like trickle down work.

The financial people that supported the HST did so on the basis that the money saved from tax transfer to consumers would be re invested in jobs and wages and not simply tucked away as profit. Remember last summer with Harper calling out businuess in the news for hoarding away all the money from tax savings? Vanderzalm for sure was in it for personally reasons but he accidentially got it right - the HST would be a flop for BC. It simple math really - - The pro HST works when businuess gets the savings and had they reinvested it in more jobs and higher wages. More jobs and higher wages mean more products purchased which means even more jobs etc. This is the premise of the trickle down theory that no educated person could or still supports as workable. Had businuess returned the tax savings as described above, the HST would still be with us and our economy would be thriving. Businuess though will never pay a penny more than they have to - that's what free enterprise is about and perfectably understandable. The HST should have come with legislation to ensure that the money saved was reinvested as intended.

What we saw was businuess tuck away as much of that money as possible. With the price of goods going up with the HST and flat lined wages - people bought less. This results in lay offs and higher credit card debt as people start turning to credit to survive. This was the exact opposite of what the HST was suppose to do. Instead of blaming others the right wing should take a look in the mirror first. The blame for the HST rests 100% with them. Given a chance to demonstrate it by actually reinvesting the money they didn't. Instead of accepting the fact that without enforcment trickle down economics are not considered workable - they keep pounding those drums. Why didn't they reinvest that money right away - knowing that seeing is beleaving and telling us it will happen - just wait for it --- would not fly.

The HST was based on a presumtion that failed to deliver. I wonder how many of those economists if asked the same question but with the information that the HST savings where never going to be passed on - how many would still support it?

The HST could have been great for BC - But it was implimented with the prusumtion of reinvestment that didn't happen when it needed to. A bucket of pucks could have lead the NO side and still won - don't give Vanderzalm more credit then he deserves. The Pro HST side cost themselves the vote.

I would like to say I am suprised at the gulliability of some folks - but with the tea party thriving it goes to show that the trickle down economic folks are still believing in that things like trickle down work.

The financial people that supported the HST did so on the basis that the money saved from tax transfer to consumers would be re invested in jobs and wages and not simply tucked away as profit. Remember last summer with Harper calling out businuess in the news for hoarding away all the money from tax savings? Vanderzalm for sure was in it for personally reasons but he accidentially got it right - the HST would be a flop for BC. It simple math really - - The pro HST works when businuess gets the savings and had they reinvested it in more jobs and higher wages. More jobs and higher wages mean more products purchased which means even more jobs etc. This is the premise of the trickle down theory that no educated person could or still supports as workable. Had businuess returned the tax savings as described above, the HST would still be with us and our economy would be thriving. Businuess though will never pay a penny more than they have to - that's what free enterprise is about and perfectably understandable. The HST should have come with legislation to ensure that the money saved was reinvested as intended.

What we saw was businuess tuck away as much of that money as possible. With the price of goods going up with the HST and flat lined wages - people bought less. This results in lay offs and higher credit card debt as people start turning to credit to survive. This was the exact opposite of what the HST was suppose to do. Instead of blaming others the right wing should take a look in the mirror first. The blame for the HST rests 100% with them. Given a chance to demonstrate it by actually reinvesting the money they didn't. Instead of accepting the fact that without enforcment trickle down economics are not considered workable - they keep pounding those drums. Why didn't they reinvest that money right away - knowing that seeing is beleaving and telling us it will happen - just wait for it --- would not fly.

The HST was based on a presumtion that failed to deliver. I wonder how many of those economists if asked the same question but with the information that the HST savings where never going to be passed on - how many would still support it?

The HST could have been great for BC - But it was implimented with the prusumtion of reinvestment that didn't happen when it needed to. A bucket of pucks could have lead the NO side and still won - don't give Vanderzalm more credit then he deserves. The Pro HST side cost themselves the vote.

The HST could have been great for BC - But it was implimented with the prusumtion of reinvestment that didn't  happen when it needed to. A bucket of pucks could have lead the NO side and still won - don't give Vanderzalm more credit then he deserves. The Pro HST side cost themselves the vote.

Absolute garbage.

During the HST debate, you couldn't turn on the radio without hearing an ad from the local NDP MLA, urging their constituents to vote against the HST. It was constantly referred to as a "tax grab" by the Liberals.

Meanwhile, here on CDC, we had several posters who said they would vote "no" because they don't like Gordon Campbell and didn't care if it was good for the province or not.

Then there were the mental midgets who didn't believe myself and 'Coater when we warned them that the federal money would have to be paid back. In fact, when this was confirmed after the vote, and the cost to BC taxpayers was tagged at 2.3 billion dollars, there were many posters who were shocked, claiming they didn't know the money would have to be repaid.

Ignorance, stupidity and partisanship killed the HST.

Hence the "ignorance" statement.

If people had bothered to find out the truth, instead of just buying into what the Zalm and the NDP were telling them, they would have known that the Liberals orginally said no to the HST because it would be too expensive to implement.

That changed later on, when the feds came back with the offer to pay for the implementation. It is this 1.6 billion dollars that we now have to pay back to Ottawa, thanks to the people who preferred to believe that the HST agreement between Ottawa and Victoria was a broken promise, rather than what is was, which is a renegotiation.

I think ignorance more aptly represents the right wing ideologs who can't see past their own wealth. Happy workers do not vote for change - something angered a great deal of workers enough to vote against the HST. Workers with extra cash in their pockets would have kept the HST - Workers not sinking in credit card debt would not have voted against the HST.

Blaming voters for the debacle of the HST shows how much disrespect the right wing has for the common worker. Imagine that - workers not believing hook line and sinker and daring to ask for proof. The gall of them - how dare they question the process - anyone not for us surely must be against us ...

The HST just like the BC Liberals are about to be a thing of the past and not because people love the NDP but because this type of nonsense has run its course.

No - I do not believe any businuess will return their tax transferance savings to workers without being forced to - and yes I would be more than happy to eat crow if the majority of businuess had done so. Not believing them does not make me ignorant. I asked for proof and the HST side could only come up with lines like "the checks in the mail", "just believe", Trust us"

We will have to agree to disagree as I will never change my opinion of the BC Liberals or the HST untill I see real proof of balanced action for not just businuess but .. wait for it ........ working class people as well. And the right wing posters here are equally as entrenched in their position.

As such there is no value in debating each other as each is holding firm to their positions.

Question for you legal types regarding using quotes

From one of the above articles I want to use the quote

" A broad HST also attacks income tax evasion, a major issue in a province with such a big drug business. The HST gives grow-op millionaires a chance to contribute to public services in the province. Now they will pay tax on their mega-home purchases and airline tickets, and not just their heat lamps and hydroponic gear."

Is it legal or what kind of credit must appear in the quote? I think a right wing claim that the HST will help tackle drug profits is too good to pass up using lol

Archived