The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Premier Christy Clark glad to be a MILF

Gross-Misconduct

Question for you legal types regarding using quotes

From one of the above articles I want to use the quote

" A broad HST also attacks income tax evasion, a major issue in a province with such a big drug business. The HST gives grow-op millionaires a chance to contribute to public services in the province. Now they will pay tax on their mega-home purchases and airline tickets, and not just their heat lamps and hydroponic gear."

Is it legal or what kind of credit must appear in the quote? I think a right wing claim that the HST will help tackle drug profits is too good to pass up using lol

You've got that backwards. The voters actually did buy what the NDP and Vander Zalm were selling..... "hook, line and sinker".

If they had bothered to look for "proof" they would have seen that they were being mislead....by the "No HST" campaign.

• 2 weeks later...

Radio station fires DJ who asked B.C. Premier Christy Clark if she was a ‘MILF’

By Andy Radia

A shock jock on Vancouver Island says he has been fired for doing his job.

In what's been dubbed by some as 'MILF-gate', radio DJ Justin Wilcomes — aka Drex — asked B.C Premier Christy Clark what it was like to be a MILF during a live on-air interview last month.

To everyone's surprise, the premier actually answered the question.

You know, I take that as a compliment … you know, it’s one of those things," Clark said.

"Better a MILF than a cougar."

Now, according to Wilcomes, he's been unfairly fired because of the question and the subsequent public uproar.

"I did what was expected of me," he told a CKWX1130 on Thursday.

“I work at a rock station. We do entertainment and comedy interspersed with things in our community. I don’t think it was a bad thing. I think, more the media attention is what they were angry about."

Wilcomes went on to say that he wanted to apologize to the premier for the question but was never given the opportunity.

"I wanted to do that but I was told I wasn’t allowed to say anything to anybody about anything at any stage," he said.

According to the Vancouver Province, Wilcomes will be meeting with a lawyer about the firing on Monday.

Whether he should or shouldn't be fired is certainly up for debate. But there is somebody else that is culpable here and that's Clark.

While Drex may have just been doing his job by asking the question, Clark — as premier — should have handled it better; she should have said 'I'm not answering that, let's move on.'

Who knows — if she did that, Wilcomes could still be gainfully employed.

Regardless, voters in B.C. will have their chance to fire Christy Clark — for her inappropriate response — in May.

Whether he should or shouldn't be fired is certainly up for debate. But there is somebody else that is culpable here and that's Clark.

While Drex may have just been doing his job by asking the question, Clark — as premier — should have handled it better; she should have said 'I'm not answering that, let's move on.'

Radio station fires DJ who asked B.C. Premier Christy Clark if she was a ‘MILF’

By Andy Radia

A shock jock on Vancouver Island says he has been fired for doing his job.

In what's been dubbed by some as 'MILF-gate', radio DJ Justin Wilcomes — aka Drex — asked B.C Premier Christy Clark what it was like to be a MILF during a live on-air interview last month.

To everyone's surprise, the premier actually answered the question.

You know, I take that as a compliment … you know, it’s one of those things," Clark said.

"Better a MILF than a cougar."

Now, according to Wilcomes, he's been unfairly fired because of the question and the subsequent public uproar.

"I did what was expected of me," he told a CKWX1130 on Thursday.

“I work at a rock station. We do entertainment and comedy interspersed with things in our community. I don’t think it was a bad thing. I think, more the media attention is what they were angry about."

Wilcomes went on to say that he wanted to apologize to the premier for the question but was never given the opportunity.

"I wanted to do that but I was told I wasn’t allowed to say anything to anybody about anything at any stage," he said.

According to the Vancouver Province, Wilcomes will be meeting with a lawyer about the firing on Monday.

Regardless, voters in B.C. will have their chance to fire Christy Clark — for her inappropriate response — in May.

Disagree. The #1 reason it was voted down was because Gordon Campbell's name was attached to it and the NDP told the 'working class' (of which I am one, BTW) to vote against it.

As with anything that people are voting on, especially something as important as tax reform, the onus is on the voter to educate him or herself. Not just toe the party line of whichever talking head they dicide they like the best.

You make good points Rupert but you do so in such a derogatory manner. Just because a lot of people voted down HST because of Campbell does not mean that everyone who voted it down are ignorant, stupid or partisan (and that includes smear campaigns by all parties, NDP included). Calling people mental midgets for disagreeing with you makes you look like a spiteful douche. My mother is a bookkeeper for several small businesses and while she knew the benefits of HST (especially because it made her job easier), she was vehemently against how it was brought about and decided that a voice against force-feeding policy is more important than a slight improvement to the economy. Not everyone feels that way as everyone has different value systems (what is more important to you? Money, family, the environment, honesty, integrity). Saying that people who didn't vote your way didn't educate themselves is incredibly arrogant. Give your head a shake.

You mistake my intent. The "mental midgets" that I refer to, are the ones who voted against the HST because they disliked the then-Premier of B.C., while stating that they didn't care if it was good for the province or not.

Believe me, there were a lot of people who did just that. There were even some who claimed to do so in the original CDC HST thread.

I you don't believe that such people don't deserve derision, then we'll just have to agree to disagree on that....

And he was not unemployed for very long - now hired by 99.3 The Fox .

Justin “Drex” Wilcomes, the radio DJ who was fired for asking Premier Christy Clark a sexually suggestive question during a radio interview, has been hired by 99.3 the Fox.

Wilcomes, who originally hails from Australia, was fired Thursday from Courtenay station 98.9 JetFM.

He subsequently told The Province that is was his understanding that he was terminated for what was said during a Dec. 19 interview with Clark.

Wilcomes asked Clark, on behalf of a listener, what it was like to be a MILF, a term that means a Mother I’d Like to F**K.

Chris Duncombe, senior program director for 993.3 The Fox, confirmed Friday that Wilcomes will begin working with the station Monday, starting with some overnight and weekend shifts.

“We are always looking for talented creative people and look forward to hearing ‘Drex’ on the on-air announcer team at 99.3 the Fox,” Duncombe said.

Asked Friday about his new job, Wilcomes said: “I am happy for the opportunity.”

http://www.theprovin...l#ixzz2Higck83v

And then there were those who believed Flim Flam Zalm that they would not have to pay provincial taxes and that BC would not have to repay the transition grant monies to the federal government - despite all the proof to the contrary.

Perhaps the same ones who believed The Zalm and Delaney when they said the HST was a global conspiracy?

I am not sure what you call such people. Maybe crazy as loons.

Oh, is this the narrative now?

Yeah, damn all those dumb BCers who voted down a sales tax increase (through the elimination of exemptions) foisted on them by a government that only had their best interests in mind when they slashed taxes for the most wealthy and corporations - putting BC into the deepest annual financial deficit in its history. I mean, if people haven't had their own pay raised 29% (like Liberal MLAs gave themselves) - along with a golden pension plan - to pay the extra, then they're obviously just a bunch of lazy, stupid, drug-addled losers.

Oh wait, the maintaining of sales tax percentage and elimination of exemptions was supposed to REDUCE our taxes, right? Sorry, I forgot the talking point there for a second. Praise Reaganomics!

The right wing of BC is clouded by a belief of divine right of governance. In almost a narcissistic manner they simply can not accept any blame - always blaming anyone and everyone but themselves or their party. The discussions here highlight that very clearly. The right wing simply is not capable of accepting blame and always points the finger elsewhere. It's that lack of ability to accept any blame or responsibility that has lead to their down fall. The intolorence to others opinions and inability to accept that just maybe - they where to blame for the HST demonstrates how messed up politics are in BC at the moment. I can forgive a politician who openely accepts blame for faults and make changes - I have yet to see any of that from our right wing .... they are simply not able to recognise that they are in fact a big part of the problem. They keep blaming voters and if you disagree they digress to name calling. Suggesting that people with a different opion must be "crazy as loons" is a media driven proganda smear that the right wing uses to belittle anyone they deem left wing.

The right wing of BC is clouded by a belief of divine right of governance. In almost a narcissistic manner they simply can not accept any blame - always blaming anyone and everyone but themselves or their party. The discussions here highlight that very clearly. The right wing simply is not capable of accepting blame and always points the finger elsewhere. It's that lack of ability to accept any blame or responsibility that has lead to their down fall. The intolorence to others opinions and inability to accept that just maybe - they where to blame for the HST demonstrates how messed up politics are in BC at the moment. I can forgive a politician who openely accepts blame for faults and make changes - I have yet to see any of that from our right wing .... they are simply not able to recognise that they are in fact a big part of the problem. They keep blaming voters and if you disagree they digress to name calling. Suggesting that people with a different opion must be "crazy as loons" is a media driven proganda smear that the right wing uses to belittle anyone they deem left wing.

Archived