The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 Lines For Canucks

Snake Doctor

Poll Question  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This may be a little early but I have a good feeling the CBA will be settled soon. If that's the case what are your projected lines for the Canucks this season. I have a feeling because of a pending Luongo trade we will see Tyler Bozak on our team. So here's my prediction. Please post your prediction and also specify the trade if Luongo is not in your line-up.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Higgins-Bozak-Booth

Raymond-Malholtra-Hansen

Weise/Volpatti-Lapierre-Kassian

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Edler-Garrison

Ballard-Tanev

Alberts

Schnieder

Lack

Injured

Kesler

I think Luongo will be moved within a few weeks to a month or so, but right away the lines would likely look like this IMO:

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows

Booth - Higgins - Raymond

Kassian - Lappierre - Hansen

Pinnizzotto - Manny - Weise

I would love to see Schroeder and Kassian get top 6 opportunities but Higgins has shown a willingness and ability to play center and AV will choose Higgins over giving the young guy Schroeder the chance every time, then of course AV will choose Raymond to play in the top 6 over Kassian 10 times out of 10.

The rest of the line-up is obvious.

*Insert line-up with no Raymond or Manny here*

A tougher line up I want, but with AV, I doubt will happen:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kassian

Higgins - BIG shut down center - Hansen

Volpatti - Lapierre - Pinnizotto

Weise

how come nobody tries to put our players in their actual positions when they make rosters up? I mean, obviously some players can play more than one spot, but why put them in the wrong position when their actual one is still open?

Personally this would be the lineup id pick, barring a few things id like to happen but know wont.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth kesler Kassian

Higgins Lapierre Hansen

Volpatti Pinizzotto Weiss

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Ballard Tanev

Closer to what it WILL be

Sedin Sedin burrows

Booth kesler Kassian

Higgins Malhotra Hansen

Volpatti Lapierre Weiss

As lots of people can see just by making their rosters, we have too many forwards. This indicates to me that we will be getting rid of one. I don't think they will trade malhotra, raymond was taken to arbitration to lower his salary making him a little more desirable.

If we do trade Luongo chances are we get a forward unless edler is leaving. Which again gives us too many forwards. The team seems a little out of order which isnt MG's MO, I think there are trades waiting to be done, and I think it is more than one trade or multiple people in one trade.

This may be a little early but I have a good feeling the CBA will be settled soon. If that's the case what are your projected lines for the Canucks this season. I have a feeling because of a pending Luongo trade we will see Tyler Bozak on our team. So here's my prediction. Please post your prediction and also specify the trade if Luongo is not in your line-up.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Higgins-Bozak-Booth

Raymond-Malholtra-Hansen

Weise/Volpatti-Lapierre-Kassian

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Edler-Garrison

Ballard-Tanev

Alberts

Schnieder

Lack

Injured

Kesler

There won't be time to make trades. Here's our emergency roster, but honestly the best it'll be for a few years to come. Once Edler/Luongo/utility forwards like Higgins, Lapierre, Malhotra etc. leave, we're in trouble.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Booth

Raymond - Lapierre - Hansen

Kassian - Malhotra - Weise

Edler - Garrison

Bieksa - Hamhuis

Tanev - Ballard

Schneider

Luongo

That's about as good as the Canuck roster will get, I would even say as good as it was in 2011 with Garrison in the fold. However, as every year passes we lose a key player - Edler may be lost as early as next year, Higgins won't be far off and Malhotra and Lapierre will be leaving soon. Hopefully Gaunce and Schroeder can fill in their bottom-6 roles because they're not close to top-6 material just yet.

Ron Mclean on Hockey Central was explaining the hardship to players if they were to come back from europe then be traded. Trades will be possible but it's unkown what the trade deadline will be if we do have a season. I'm optimistic we can get a deal done right now.

If a Luongo trade does not occur I'm sure Schroder will fill in for Kesler until he is 100%.

I think we will be surprised. If a trade is there; It takes only a few moments to make a decision. Before training campn September i I expect to see a left wing, a left D and Lou traded. There are a lot of assets available to fill what needs we have for another physical RW beyond Kassian, a puck rushing defender with a right handed shot and more size. And hopefully we re-sign Edler!

But seeing as we have a crystal ball, here would be my line up;

Danny/ Kess / Booth

Burrows / Hank / Kassian

Jensen / Lapierre / Hansen

Higgins / Manny / Volpatti

Raymond

Hamhuis / Bieksa

Edler / Tanev

Ballard / Garrison

Yes I've broken up some stereotyped lines and our vaunted first line in favour of a balanced line up. Each of these lines has size, speed, a goalscorer, a playmaker and a glue guy who does the fore-checking and dirty work.

And Tanev could be the smart passing, stay at home guy who keeps the ice settled for Edler and our defense plays the situational game. Tanev / Edler in scoring situations. Hammer and Juice our shut down guys. Ballard and Garrison, who BTW would have an undeniable physical advantage of size and speed to play against secondary match ups offensive or defensive, would be our multi purpose pair. And going three pair deep could be a critical advantage in a shortened season?

The Twins also can be double shifted, and reunited with Burrows, every time a 4th line and 3rd pair match up ices the puck against us. And at the end of games or when we need a key goal. And of course on every PP where we also elevate Garrison's bomb of a shot;

Twins / Burr / Edler / Garrison

Pull out the weapons when needed!

There won't be time to make trades. Here's our emergency roster, but honestly the best it'll be for a few years to come. Once Edler/Luongo/utility forwards like Higgins, Lapierre, Malhotra etc. leave, we're in trouble.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Booth

Raymond - Lapierre - Hansen

Kassian - Malhotra - Weise

Edler - Garrison

Bieksa - Hamhuis

Tanev - Ballard

Schneider

Luongo

That's about as good as the Canuck roster will get, I would even say as good as it was in 2011 with Garrison in the fold. However, as every year passes we lose a key player - Edler may be lost as early as next year, Higgins won't be far off and Malhotra and Lapierre will be leaving soon. Hopefully Gaunce and Schroeder can fill in their bottom-6 roles because they're not close to top-6 material just yet.

Archived