• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nuxfanabroad

[Proposal] Schneider to Clb...What If?

Must preface by stating how much I like Schneider's play & personality. In a year or two, he may be regarded the best 'tender in the league, considering his current trajectory.

That said, what if Clb offered Ryan Johannsen(the local kid), Boone Jenner, & their 1st(2013)? Would Gillis have to accept?

Apologies if this value is way off-been living outa' country for some time, so I haven't seen enough of each player. Since it's hypothetical, how would Clb have to adjust their offer, so that it's commensurate?

Lastly, not advocating Van trades this young star-but I'm curious what others believe the haul that Gillis would receive.

Must preface by stating how much I like Schneider's play & personality. In a year or two, he may be regarded the best 'tender in the league, considering his current trajectory.

That said, what if Clb offered Ryan Johannsen(the local kid), Boone Jenner, & their 1st(2013)? Would Gillis have to accept?

Apologies if this value is way off-been living outa' country for some time, so I haven't seen enough of each player. Since it's hypothetical, how would Clb have to adjust their offer, so that it's commensurate?

Lastly, not advocating Van trades this young star-but I'm curious what others believe the haul that Gillis would receive.

I offer to be the driver for this deal if Columbus were to offer that, Gillis would say yes then we'd need to escape quickly before Columbus changes their minds.

As much as I would hate to see Schneider go that package would be very hard to turn down. And with their first we could potentially get either Mackinnon, Jones or Drouin.

Ok, you gents say it's a go. So takeaway-what if Clb offers a 2014 first, or two 2nds(instead of the first)? Still getting 2 fine young players, of course. Where precisely does Schnieds value lie?

No please. Keith Ballard for Ryan Johansen, 5 first round draft picks, and every one of their prospects will do it.

You're joking, right? Everyone knows the Canucks would have to add at least Raymond and maybe their 2nd.

You're right, 3-way deal.

To Pittsburgh: Raymond, Ballard, 2nd

To Columbus: Luongo, Malhotra

To Canucks: Johansen, Murray, Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Letang, Chara, Weber, RNH, Benn, Alzner and any other BC native NHL player

IMO with this trade the Canucks can compete for a cup and in the future.

Firstly it's not happening, secondly Gillis wants players that will help this team win a Cup within the next 2 seasons, not in 5 years. I honestly doubt even Johansen would make the club the way AV coaches young guys, so would be a complete waste.

Dubisnky wouldn't be bad though...