The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Schneider to Clb...What If?

Must preface by stating how much I like Schneider's play & personality. In a year or two, he may be regarded the best 'tender in the league, considering his current trajectory.

That said, what if Clb offered Ryan Johannsen(the local kid), Boone Jenner, & their 1st(2013)? Would Gillis have to accept?

Apologies if this value is way off-been living outa' country for some time, so I haven't seen enough of each player. Since it's hypothetical, how would Clb have to adjust their offer, so that it's commensurate?

Lastly, not advocating Van trades this young star-but I'm curious what others believe the haul that Gillis would receive.

Must preface by stating how much I like Schneider's play & personality. In a year or two, he may be regarded the best 'tender in the league, considering his current trajectory.

That said, what if Clb offered Ryan Johannsen(the local kid), Boone Jenner, & their 1st(2013)? Would Gillis have to accept?

Apologies if this value is way off-been living outa' country for some time, so I haven't seen enough of each player. Since it's hypothetical, how would Clb have to adjust their offer, so that it's commensurate?

Lastly, not advocating Van trades this young star-but I'm curious what others believe the haul that Gillis would receive.

• 3 weeks later...

You're right, 3-way deal.

To Pittsburgh: Raymond, Ballard, 2nd

To Columbus: Luongo, Malhotra

To Canucks: Johansen, Murray, Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Letang, Chara, Weber, RNH, Benn, Alzner and any other BC native NHL player

IMO with this trade the Canucks can compete for a cup and in the future.

Firstly it's not happening, secondly Gillis wants players that will help this team win a Cup within the next 2 seasons, not in 5 years. I honestly doubt even Johansen would make the club the way AV coaches young guys, so would be a complete waste.

Dubisnky wouldn't be bad though...

• 5 months later...

Archived