The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Schneider to Clb...What If?

Schneider is in play rumored a first and a prospect for him.

It's curious now that every team seems to be making goalies available all of a sudden when two days ago it seemed only Vancouver had two to move.

Collusion?

Anyways, yes if Columbus offered two picks and a prospect or two prospects and a pick Gillis has to take it

Lordy, hoping this proves prescient! remember watching Boone Jenner during the world juniors, & dreaming big.

Trade-return from Edm would prob be more high-end, but do we really want to face a motivated CS, for God knows how long?

Clb has a good up & coming cast, & Cory would probably shine there. Send that lad out east, if we have to deal him. Toss in Booth & Schroeder, get Johanssen & 2 firsts(if jenner's out).

Would gillis have to accept? Did you really ask that question? You do know that Schneider was traded for just ONE 1st rd pick right? If CBJ was offering 2 of their best prospects and 1st, of course gillis would've taken it. Look at what he accepted at the end.

Johanssen and a 1st alone would've been more then enough. Sorry but this is just a dumb thread, why would you even ask such a stupid question having known what Schneider went for already, which is far far less

FWIW, I bumped this nite before draft, as there was speculation/rumours circulating that Cory would be dealt. Was quite against trading him, when I started this thread, thus I proposed an extra healthy return. Was mostly curious what other posters thought his value would be.

In retrospect, all would probably agree Clb made out like thieves. They got Bob for a song, & he played superbly. It illustrates the inexact science gt-projecting can be. Hopefully we get a similar result with one or two of our younger 'tenders.

Archived