Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Will Republicans apologize for accusing Hillary Clinton of faking her concussion?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 dudeone

dudeone

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

Will Republicans apologize for accusing Hillary Clinton of faking her concussion?

By Ryu Spaeth | The Week – Mon, Dec 31, 2012

http://news.yahoo.co...-105000801.html

The secretary of state has been admitted to the hospital for a potentially serious blood clot

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has been admitted to New York-Presbyterian Hospital to undergo treatment for a blood clot, a potentially serious condition stemming from a concussion she suffered earlier this month. Aides say that Clinton, 65, is currently being treated with blood thinners, and that further action may be required to prevent the clot from worsening. In a worst-case scenario, the clot, if located in the head, could cause a brain hemorrhage.

The concussion forced Clinton to cancel weeks' worth of engagements, including scheduled testimony before Congress on the terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya, that killed four Americans. Republicans have been highly critical of President Obama's response to Benghazi, with many suggesting that the administration tried to cover up the incident. Clinton's illness prompted several conservative commentators and prominent members of the GOP to speculate that she was faking her concussion to avoid testifying. John Bolton, the former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, described Clinton's condition as a "diplomatic illness." Ousted Rep. Allen West (Fla.) said, "I'm not a doctor, but it seems as though — that the secretary of state has come down with a case of Benghazi flu." Charles Krauthammer, the influential conservative columnist, told Sean Hannity of Fox News that Clinton had likely come down with "acute Benghazi allergy," which led Hannity to respond, "Let's see the medical report on that." Other conservative news outlets also demanded a medical report.

Now that Clinton's condition has taken a more worrisome turn, will these Republicans offer their apologies? "I'm not holding my breath," says PBS's Jeff Greenfield. The fake Clinton concussion will probably join a long list of conservative conspiracy theories that, despite overwhelming evidence to contrary, continue to thrive in certain corners of the GOP (see: Obama was born in Kenya, the polls are skewed, et al.). Indeed, it's just as likely that the fake Clinton concussion will morphinto the fake Clinton blood clot.

#2 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Not bloody likely...they still haven't apologized for Iraq.
Posted Image

View PostScott Hartnell, on 11 June 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#3 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Nah, she's just faking the blood clot too.
Posted Image

#4 Rounoush

Rounoush

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Nope
Posted Image
Thanks a bunch to khalifawiz501 for the signature.

#5 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

No.

They're all too busy trying to maintain their precarious perches on their high horses.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#6 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

republicans are idiots.

Posted Image

#7 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

What did well known concussion experts Mark Recchi and Brian Burke have to say about Clinton's medical condition?
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#8 Charlie.the.Unicorn

Charlie.the.Unicorn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

I thought blood clots were the symptoms of serious dehydration and/or laying in one position for too long and not concussions? But what do I know? Thank God you are all doctors.

#9 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

I thought blood clots were the symptoms of serious dehydration and/or laying in one position for too long and not concussions? But what do I know? Thank God you are all doctors.

Apparently concussions and blood clots are related.

In general, following a concussion, in which the brain is rattled inside the skull, tiny blood vessels criss-crossing the surface of the brain can rupture and bleed, leading to clots as the body attempts to stem the flow of blood. Vessels that are nestled in the folds of brain tissue can also tear during a blow to the head and lead to clotting. But in both of these cases, says Dr. Lee Schwamm, vice chairman of the department of neurology and director of the stroke service at Massachusetts General Hospital, blood thinners would be the last treatment doctors would recommend, since the drugs might increase the risk of additional bleeding and swelling in the brain.

That’s not the case if the clot occurs in the space between the brain and the skull, says Dr. David Hovda, director of the University of California Los Angeles Brain Injury Research Center. In those cases, the concern would be ensuring that any clogged vessels are unobstructed so blood that has circulated through the brain and is on its way back to the heart is flowing freely. In older patients, this space is slightly more expansive than that among younger people, since the brain tends to shrink gradually with age.

http://healthland.time.com/2012/12/31/hillary-clinton-hospitalized-for-blood-clot-how-concussions-and-clots-connect/#ixzz2GmKvvxdI
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#10 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,158 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

I've seen a couple of strange stories regarding this concussion today.

One was that she was shot in the head when visitng the Syrian-Turkish border.

Here is another strange report:
http://www.eutimes.n...ission-to-iran/

Clinton Injured, US Navy Seal Killed In Secret US Mission To Iran

A new Foreign Military Intelligence (GRU) report circulating in the Kremlin today is saying that United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was injured, and a topUS Navy Seal Commander killed when their C-12 Huronmilitary passenger and transport aircraft crash landed nearly 3 weeks ago in the Iranian city of Ahvaz near the Iraqi border.

Iranian intelligence agents quoted in this GRU report confirm that the C-12 Huron aircraft is still in their possession in Ahvaz, but will only admit that the plane was “forced to land because of technical problems”.

The US Navy Seal member reported killed in this bizarre incident, this report says, was indentified as Commander Job W. Price [photo 3rd right] who as a leader of this highly specialized American Special Forces unit protects high-ranking diplomats traveling in Middle Eastern and Asian combat zones.

Curiously, US media reports on Commander Price’s death say it being investigated as a possible suicide as he died from what the American Defense Department describes as “a non-combat related injury”.
Equally as curious, US media reports state that Secretary Clinton will return to work next week after her having suffered what they describe as a “nasty bout with stomach flu” and a “concussion” which have kept her missing from public view the past three weeks.

This GRU report, however, states that US military flight logs recorded by Russian air and space forces confirm that Commander Price, and other members of US Navy SealTeam 4, left their base in Urozgan Province, Afghanistan on US Naval Support Activity Bahrain where they met up with Secretary Clinton and all of them transferred to the C-12 Huron that began a flight path to Baghdad, Iraq.

Within minutes of leaving Bahrain airspace, this report says, the C-12 Huron carrying Secretary Clinton and herUS Navy Seal protectors, “without notice,” deviated from their assigned flight path heading, instead, directly towards Iran’s Ahwaz International Airport where, coincidentally, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad had previously landed on an “unscheduled” visit.

Posted Image

Important to note, GRU analysts say in this report, was that when the C-12 Huron entered into Iranian airspace neither American nor Iran air force units responded clearly indicating that this secret mission was sanctioned.

Upon the C-12 Huron landing at Ahwaz, however, this report says it encountered “extreme turbulence” causing it to leave the runway where its main landing gear then collapsed causing it to crash.

Within seconds of the C-12 Huron crashing, this report continues, Iranian emergency and security personal responded freeing the victims, including Secretary Clinton who was reportedly unconscious and “bleeding profusely.”

After emergency aid was given, GRU agents stationed in Iran state that another US military flight was dispatched from Bahrain to Ahwaz which evacuated all of those wounded and killed in the crash including Secretary Clinton.

Strangely to note, this report says, is that in the aftermath of this crash, Iran’s main announced today that they were buying the Ahwaz airport with the intention of moving it because, they say, oil was discovered beneath it.

To what the Americans mission to Iran was about this report doesn’t speculate upon, other than to note that with the Gulf State Monarchies rapidly approaching a union of their oil rich nations to counter Iranian power, and with President Obama signing a new law this past week to strengthen American borders against threats from Iran, and with the highly-publicized “Velayat 91” Iranian military now taking place across a wide area from the Strait of Hormuz, a new and catastrophic war in this region is much closer to being a reality than many realize.

To if Secretary Clinton’s mission was meant to forestall such a war it is not in our knowing, other than to note, that with the United States continued backing of some of the cruelest dictatorships in the world, our entire planet is but one spark away from a fire that could very well consume us all.

Edit: It appears these reports are coming from the tin foil hat crowd.

Edited by theminister, 01 January 2013 - 07:38 PM.

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#11 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,675 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Will they? No.

Should they? No.

#12 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Will they? No.

Should they? No.

Will they? No.
Should they? Yes. They should. But they've been wrong on so many things it's hard to keep track, even for them, I'm sure.
Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#13 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Will they? No.

Should they? No.

Your username is highly contradictory in this instance.
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#14 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#15 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

As a Lefty hater, Hillary is my exception. I have always had nothing but respect for Hillary. Probably the hardest working woman in US politics.

She's tough when she needs to be, patriotic, humorous, intelligent and extremely qualified. The opposite of Obama.

The libs picked the wrong leader. Hillary would have cleaned house by the second year of her first term had she been chosen. Instead of now being on the brink of going down the toilet with smooth talking Barry.

But that is America for you. Flash over substance.

Thank God our Prime Minister is not Liberal or we'd be all on the brink of collapse like most countries instead of where we are now....Recongnized as one of the best countries in the world.

- Gollum!
You have to be a true bandwagoneer if you buy Mike's line about looking for the right deal to trade Luongo.

True fans and hockey diehards know, that is double talk for, "Luongo is a high ticket commodity now or next year, we'll keep him around just in case Schneider turns out to be a lemon and chokes games."

And choke he will.

I know this. I'm never wrong.

#16 Aleksandr Pistoletov

Aleksandr Pistoletov

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

Not bloody likely...they still haven't apologized for Iraq.

Iraq was a very bi-partisan effort..

As a Lefty hater, Hillary is my exception. I have always had nothing but respect for Hillary. Probably the hardest working woman in US politics.

She's tough when she needs to be, patriotic, humorous, intelligent and extremely qualified. The opposite of Obama.

The libs picked the wrong leader. Hillary would have cleaned house by the second year of her first term had she been chosen. Instead of now being on the brink of going down the toilet with smooth talking Barry.

Thank God our Prime Minister is not Liberal or we'd be all on the brink of collapse like most countries instead of where we are now....Recongnized as one of the best countries in the world.

- Gollum!

Hillary would have done pretty much the exact same thing as Obama -- run up the deficit, brought in the same Goldman Sachs-esque insiders to her cabinet, made a mess of a healthcare bill.. while I agree with a portion of your post, I don't see where Hillary would have done things differently.

Edited by zaibatsu, 02 January 2013 - 01:27 AM.

"When Jonah's agent called him and said Quentin Tarantino wanted to put him in a spaghetti western [Django Unchained], Jonah was like, 'You had me at spaghetti.'"

"Aziz has been charming audiences and snakes for years. And I guess you’re here tonight because now that Kanye had a real baby he doesn’t need you anymore."

-- Jeff Ross

#17 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

Hillary would have done pretty much the exact same thing as Obama -- run up the deficit, brought in the same Goldman Sachs-esque insiders to her cabinet, made a mess of a healthcare bill.. while I agree with a portion of your post, I don't see where Hillary would have done things differently.

Hillary would not have procrastinated until the last minute. That is her nature.

What did Barry do knowing full well years in advance of the Bush era tax cuts were expiring? Campaigning Hard, Partying hard overseas with human rights violating countries, partying hard at fund raisers, pandering with toy factories, pandering with the unions. Days later and days left, start pointing the blame at others and the opposition for not having something figured out.

Grossly unqualified and inexperienced. A "Leader"
You have to be a true bandwagoneer if you buy Mike's line about looking for the right deal to trade Luongo.

True fans and hockey diehards know, that is double talk for, "Luongo is a high ticket commodity now or next year, we'll keep him around just in case Schneider turns out to be a lemon and chokes games."

And choke he will.

I know this. I'm never wrong.

#18 woofwoofmoomoo

woofwoofmoomoo

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

Obama ran up the deficit? The one he inherited from Bush? Messed up the healthcare bill? By extending coverage to more people?

#19 woofwoofmoomoo

woofwoofmoomoo

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

<p>

Hillary would not have procrastinated until the last minute. That is her nature.

What did Barry do knowing full well years in advance of the Bush era tax cuts were expiring? Campaigning Hard, Partying hard overseas with human rights violating countries, partying hard at fund raisers, pandering with toy factories, pandering with the unions. Days later and days left, start pointing the blame at others and the opposition for not having something figured out.

yeah, that's why he got reelected.

#20 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

- Gollum!

Thank WHO?? Our PM is a disgrace.
You and your right wing feces:

Posted Image
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#21 Aleksandr Pistoletov

Aleksandr Pistoletov

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

Obama ran up the deficit? The one he inherited from Bush? Messed up the healthcare bill? By extending coverage to more people?

No, not extending coverage to more people, making a huge mess and helping mandate a seriously screwed up semi-private, semi-public, semi-whatever healthcare system.

Also, can't blame Bush for expenditures Obama signed for the latter of fiscal 2009 and beyond. Bush isn't signing bills vicariously through Obama.

"When Jonah's agent called him and said Quentin Tarantino wanted to put him in a spaghetti western [Django Unchained], Jonah was like, 'You had me at spaghetti.'"

"Aziz has been charming audiences and snakes for years. And I guess you’re here tonight because now that Kanye had a real baby he doesn’t need you anymore."

-- Jeff Ross

#22 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

Funny but I don't remember the Democrats lying about weapons grade uranium and weapons of mass destruction...I'm pretty sure that was "The Decider" and the aptly named Dick Cheney...among others. Rumsfeld...cough cough

Edited by Munchie Marauder, 02 January 2013 - 12:29 PM.

Posted Image

#23 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Sour grapes. Maybe if the GOP had been competent enough to put forward someone who stood a chance in hell they'd have won this election...they weren't..and they didn't. Get over it.

Edited by Munchie Marauder, 02 January 2013 - 12:33 PM.

Posted Image

#24 Aleksandr Pistoletov

Aleksandr Pistoletov

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Funny but I don't remember the Democrats lying about weapons grade uranium and weapons of mass destruction...I'm pretty sure that was "The Decider" and the aptly named Dick Cheney...among others. Rumsfeld...cough cough

You weren't listening then:

John Kerry before Iraq War:

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

John Kerry even after no WMD were found, and going along with the Bush "he's just a bad guy" excuse after the WMD one failed:

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

Then of course the rest:

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."

-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
-- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

“The debate over Iraq is not about politics. It is about national security. It should be clear that our national security requires Congress to send a clear message to Iraq and the world: America is united in its determination to eliminate forever the threat of Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction.” — Sen. John Edwards (D, NC), Oct. 10, 2002

“I share the administration’s goals in dealing with Iraq and its weapons of mass destruction.” — Rep. Dick Gephardt (D, MO) Sept 2002.

“Every day Saddam remains in power with chemical weapons, biological weapons, and the development of nuclear weapons is a day of danger for the United States.” — Joe Lieberman (D, VT), Aug. 2002.

“There can be no doubt that Iraq has continued to pursue its goal of obtaining weapons of mass destruction.” — Patty Murray (D, WA) Oct. 9, 2002

"Now let me be clear -- I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He's a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him."
State Senator Barack Obama (Democrat, Illinois)
Speech at Federal Plaza, Chicago, Illinois
October 2, 2002

To reiterate.. it was a very bi-partisan effort, and had support even from Obama while he was a state Senator in Illinois.

Edited by zaibatsu, 02 January 2013 - 01:17 PM.

-- Jeff Ross

#25 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

You weren't listening then:

John Kerry before Iraq War:

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

John Kerry even after no WMD were found:
"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

Then of course the rest:

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."

-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
-- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

“The debate over Iraq is not about politics. It is about national security. It should be clear that our national security requires Congress to send a clear message to Iraq and the world: America is united in its determination to eliminate forever the threat of Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction.” — Sen. John Edwards (D, NC), Oct. 10, 2002

“I share the administration’s goals in dealing with Iraq and its weapons of mass destruction.” — Rep. Dick Gephardt (D, MO) Sept 2002.

“Every day Saddam remains in power with chemical weapons, biological weapons, and the development of nuclear weapons is a day of danger for the United States.” — Joe Lieberman (D, VT), Aug. 2002.

“There can be no doubt that Iraq has continued to pursue its goal of obtaining weapons of mass destruction.” — Patty Murray (D, WA) Oct. 9, 2002

"Now let me be clear -- I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He's a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him."
State Senator Barack Obama (Democrat, Illinois)
Speech at Federal Plaza, Chicago, Illinois
October 2, 2002

To reiterate.. it was a very bi-partisan effort.

Fair enough, I stand corrected, thank you...and now I'm pissed at the Democrats too. So glad I've given up on the party system...first off it's unfair to those in the boat of Independent/Green/Libertarian etc etc etc...What took place at the debate the night Jill Stein and her running mate were arrested for trespassing was that camel's back breaking straw for me. If America REALLY wants to change...they have to have the chutzpah, collectively, to tell the Elephants and the Donkeys to go fly a kite..support a legitimate Independent candidate (Jesse Ventura would be a great choice, in my opinion)...put that Independent into office and then maybe we'd start to see some actual change. Just an opinion...but I feel that if you are running for President, no matter WHAT party you belong to...you should be given equal opportunity to state your agenda at a debate. That is why I voted for Jill Stein this election.
Posted Image

#26 Aleksandr Pistoletov

Aleksandr Pistoletov

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

Fair enough, I stand corrected, thank you...and now I'm pissed at the Democrats too. So glad I've given up on the party system...first off it's unfair to those in the boat of Independent/Green/Libertarian etc etc etc...What took place at the debate the night Jill Stein and her running mate were arrested for trespassing was that camel's back breaking straw for me. If America REALLY wants to change...they have to have the chutzpah, collectively, to tell the Elephants and the Donkeys to go fly a kite..support a legitimate Independent candidate (Jesse Ventura would be a great choice, in my opinion)...put that Independent into office and then maybe we'd start to see some actual change. Just an opinion...but I feel that if you are running for President, no matter WHAT party you belong to...you should be given equal opportunity to state your agenda at a debate. That is why I voted for Jill Stein this election.

I'm not sure if you recall what happened to Ron Paul during and after debates, how he was deliberately kept out of the limelight as often as possible despite his success during caucuses.

It mirrors a decade ago when Lincoln Chafee, the only Republican Senator to vote against AoUOF mandating the Iraq War, was run out of the party as being too "moderate". Parties are a joke, which is why when I could vote in the US I registered in California as "DTS" (Decline to State) despite them wanting me to join a specific party. Joining a party is much like joining a cult, except the cult is for the minions and the cult elite benefit highly from the lower part of the cult's being brainwashed.

-- Jeff Ross

#27 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

I'm not sure if you recall what happened to Ron Paul during and after debates, how he was deliberately kept out of the limelight as often as possible despite his success during caucuses.

It mirrors a decade ago when Lincoln Chafee, the only Republican Senator to vote against AoUOF mandating the Iraq War, was run out of the party as being too "moderate". Parties are a joke, which is why when I could vote in the US I registered in California as "DTS" (Decline to State) despite them wanting me to join a specific party. Joining a party is much like joining a cult, except the cult is for the minions and the cult elite benefit highly from the lower part of the cult's being brainwashed.

But man wasn't it Gary Johnson who got the Libertarian nomination this time? Oh wait never mind yes I see what you're saying...past debates...I'll tell you the truth...I think because H Ross Perot garnered so much support during his campaign as an Independent that it scared the hell out of both parties and they have collectively decided to essentially silence the other voices...

Edited by Munchie Marauder, 02 January 2013 - 01:32 PM.

Posted Image

#28 Aleksandr Pistoletov

Aleksandr Pistoletov

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

But man wasn't it Gary Johnson who got the Libertarian nomination this time? Oh wait never mind yes I see what you're saying...past debates...I'll tell you the truth...I think because H Ross Perot garnered so much support during his campaign as an Independent that it scared the hell out of both parties and they have collectively decided to essentially silence the other voices...

On this very forum I've read that Ross Perot / Ralph Nader = vote against [insert losing politician here]. I can't believe that kind of myth still gets perpetuated, but that's the sad state of things.

Gary Johnson was another, and one I shouldn't have forgotten.. since I voted for him. :lol:

-- Jeff Ross

#29 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

On this very forum I've read that Ross Perot / Ralph Nader = vote against [insert losing politician here]. I can't believe that kind of myth still gets perpetuated, but that's the sad state of things.

Gary Johnson was another, and one I shouldn't have forgotten.. since I voted for him. :lol:

It's very good to know there are others who can't stand the party system. :) Yeah I heard it all when I was at the polls "You're throwing your vote away blah blah blah"...what a bunch of yutzes.

Edited by Munchie Marauder, 02 January 2013 - 01:39 PM.

Posted Image

#30 Aleksandr Pistoletov

Aleksandr Pistoletov

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

It's very good to know there are others who can't stand the party system. :) Yeah I heard it all when I was at the polls "You're throwing your vote away blah blah blah"...what a bunch of yutzes.

Here you won't find much support beyond fellating the Democratic Party. It's a little nauseating.

Another forum I go to is highly conservative and I find myself often pointing out hypocrisy within the Republican Party..

It's hard to fathom why people cannot exercise a bit more objectivity instead of treating voting like cheering for their favourite sports team.

Edited by zaibatsu, 02 January 2013 - 01:45 PM.

-- Jeff Ross

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.