The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Value of Spezza to Edmonton.

I think that trade is a little bit of an underpayment by Edmonton, I take it back, it's huge under payment, Spezza is going to be their new captain why would they trade him away for gagne and hemsky? Maybe if Edmonton was the Leafs and Ottawa was the Bruins and Edmonton gave them Gagne+ Hemsky+ conditional first round picks for until Spezza leaves Edmonton.

Why would the Oil want Spezza?

The guy is over-rated.

The Oil have lots of top-end talent - the last thing they need is to spend assets to get a guy like Spezza who isn't exactly the model of consistency and character - and they're not going to get him for Gagner, who is a B grade forward in Edmonton, and Hemsky, a 5 million dollar guy who put up 36 points last year, surrounded by scoring talent.

To be honest this doesn't make any sense.

Spezza is Ottawa's franchise player, and he's their next captain, plus they are building to get better now not rebuilding.

Edmonton is loaded upfront and need to focus their assets on the backend and in goal.

The idea just doesn't make much sense to me.

Why would the Oil want Spezza?

The guy is over-rated.

The Oil have lots of top-end talent - the last thing they need is to spend assets to get a guy like Spezza who isn't exactly the model of consistency and character - and they're not going to get him for Gagner, who is a B grade forward in Edmonton, and Hemsky, a 5 million dollar guy who put up 36 points last year, surrounded by scoring talent.

Archived