Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Cory Schneider staying in top form during lockout.

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#31 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

At least he ain't scared to go over there. I'd sooner have him getting lit up than making some stupid award video and posting it on YouTube.

So i guess Crosby, Malkin, Sedins, Oveckin are all scared to go play.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#32 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

So many pressure games? Not too much when your the back up. He wins, hey good for him, he loses, ah he just the back up gets the excuse. The Boston game was good for Schnieder but not that much pressure, regular season game.

and he came into the playoffs down 2 games. Gave the Canucks a chance to win in the 3 games he played in....had a SP of .960 vs Lous .891...I'd call that pressure ! Posted a SP of .931 vs Lous .919 and GAA of 1.96 vs Lous 2.41...playing for the same load.team...and yes, against some tuff teams. Last year he outshone Lou by a wide margin, and am excited to watch Schneids when hes carrying the load !

#33 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,110 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Scared is the worst adjective one could use. Ovechkin is playing in Russia?

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#34 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,110 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

I'm more excited that we won't hear the stupid LOUUUUUU chant.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#35 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,742 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

Who cares? It's one game in some European league...

#36 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

You're dam right Crosby is he can't insure his contract Malkin and Ov are playing and the Sedins are bionic so they don't need to stay in shape.

But everyone else is scared
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#37 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

and on the other side of the coin...hes been great, in all his games...its fans like you that create all the negativity

You haven't been creating any negativity concerning Luongo? He's been a Canucks for far longer than Schneider. He's been the pillar upon which this team has been put together and with great success. And you go around discrediting what he has accomplished because some half ass rookie comes in under no real pressure and plays lights out for 68 games in two years and hence he's a number one.

Get real Smurf47.

#38 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

I'm more excited that we won't hear the stupid LOUUUUUU chant.

I think you'll be hearing it over and over and over again, perhaps even until he retires.

#39 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

But his best is not nearly as good as Luongos best.

Really?

#40 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

Does this really need a thread?

It's the Swiss league and he's on the worst team there. You think these players are actually trying over there?

Thornton and Nash could destroy that league, bu they're barely at a PPG pace. These guys are just trying to stay in shape, they're not taking it too seriously.

Angles are different too, and the skill of the D makes a difference.

#41 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Jägermeister, 02 January 2013 - 03:08 PM.

Jagermeister.jpg

#42 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

I'm predicting myself and the majority of the true fan base will be missing Loungo much more than we miss him now come next season.

And again we'll be shaking our heads when the bandwagoneers who worshipped Schneider are screaming for his head and cheering for the next poor sap they want to idolize.

Sad bunch they are.

With Lou gone, our hopes to win Stanley almost surely in the next two seasons are gone. With Schneids, it's not going to happen for Vancouver. Lou was the best shot we had. Maybe in another 20-30 years. I know this because I can never recall being wrong. Ever.
You have to be a true bandwagoneer if you buy Mike's line about looking for the right deal to trade Luongo.

True fans and hockey diehards know, that is double talk for, "Luongo is a high ticket commodity now or next year, we'll keep him around just in case Schneider turns out to be a lemon and chokes games."

And choke he will.

I know this. I'm never wrong.

#43 bure's triple deke

bure's triple deke

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

One, maybe two, of these goals are even Schneider's fault. The other two were a breakaway from Pat Kane and a wide-open snapshot in the slot. Here's the stats sheet for that game: http://www.nationall...=20131105071196. Wasn't pulled. 36 saves... none of which you see in the highlight package. Plus his team won. Sounds like he actually had a decent game.

#44 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

I'm predicting myself and the majority of the true fan base will be missing Loungo much more than we miss him now come next season.

And again we'll be shaking our heads when the bandwagoneers who worshipped Schneider are screaming for his head and cheering for the next poor sap they want to idolize.

Sad bunch they are.

With Lou gone, our hopes to win Stanley almost surely in the next two seasons are gone. With Schneids, it's not going to happen for Vancouver. Lou was the best shot we had. Maybe in another 20-30 years. I know this because I can never recall being wrong. Ever.

So annoying
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#45 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

He doesn't make 40 plus saves every other game I watch the highlights of all there games and Schneider simply hasn't played good out there at all maybe it's the the big ice doesn't mean we're doomed but yes he has played like crap in the Swiss league

#46 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,940 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

His team is 2nd-worst in that league.

He has a 2.83gaa and a .927sv% in those 7 games while facing 36 shots a game.

He's performing far better than the other goaltenders on his team. .897 and .897 sv%

Certainly doesn't look to be a concern based on these 7 games. But that wouldn't matter to a troll.

We might miss Luongo as games start to pile up and Cory is untested for a full season. That being said we might continue to have Luongo for awhile anyway. There's not much of a concern with goaltending either way.

We do rip our goaltenders, like we rip any player who falters. It's just a lot easier to rip a goaltender since he's letting in goals. If the rules change again to promote offense, that may expose Schneider a bit more, but all goaltenders around the NHL would be. Then the problem with the team would be offense-related. But we're fine there too.

No, there is no shortage of bandwagoners and trolls in this fanbase. Duh.
Posted Image

#47 MaxLapierreAwesomeFace

MaxLapierreAwesomeFace

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Posted Image

i saw this yesterday night and couldn't get it. Now i get it LOL HAHAHAHA

#48 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,735 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

OP-You have been DE-SCHNEID!

#49 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,998 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Pretty sure this is why he didn't want to go over there in the first place. I would be more concerned about Ovechkin just being ppg in the KHL where he should be destroying it.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#50 Great Save Luongo!!!

Great Save Luongo!!!

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,898 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

The irony in this thread is hilarious.
Posted Image

#51 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,180 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

In that same game Patrick Kane was a -1 despite scoring 2 goals. What a poor defensive game. Clearly he's a bust. :rolleyes:

Cory's D look god awful and that ice is the size of a football pitch. It's a wide open game and that means more offense. I'm not worried.

Keswho.jpg

#52 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

I'm a Luongo fan myself, but you people using this to bash Schneider and say "WELL H3 BETTR GET USED TO PRESSHIR HOW DO YOU THINK LUONGO FEELZ ZOMG SAEM THING GAIZ" are delusional. Luongo started being bashed, albeit unfairly, by way of underperforming in 3 consecutive playoffs. This is ridiculous to get in a fuss over Schneids having one bad game in the Swiss league, which he probably isn't treating like the NHL playoffs. He's the big man on campus now, and if you felt so bad about Luongo getting unnecessary hate then why not show Schneider support so he doesn't go through the same thing?

Oh wait. That's right. You're crazy nuthuggers. And we wonder why the Canucks fanbase looks so stupid...

dontforgettolentil.png

#53 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

I'm a Luongo fan myself, but you people using this to bash Schneider and say "WELL H3 BETTR GET USED TO PRESSHIR HOW DO YOU THINK LUONGO FEELZ ZOMG SAEM THING GAIZ" are delusional. Luongo started being bashed, albeit unfairly, by way of underperforming in 3 consecutive playoffs. This is ridiculous to get in a fuss over Schneids having one bad game in the Swiss league, which he probably isn't treating like the NHL playoffs. He's the big man on campus now, and if you felt so bad about Luongo getting unnecessary hate then why not show Schneider support so he doesn't go through the same thing?

Oh wait. That's right. You're crazy nuthuggers. And we wonder why the Canucks fanbase looks so stupid...

Do what now?
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#54 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,743 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Yeah that Schneider guy has shown no ability whatsover to handle pressure.
The Boston game was a fluke.
His playoff numbers are really misleading - .940 sv% and 1.91 gaa in 8 playoff games (and .960 and 1.31 last year) - the youngster has "cracks under pressure" written all over him!!!
It'll be a colllllossssallllll mistake if we keep him.

#55 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,743 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

best thread I ever read.
did I miss something or does that video end with Schneider stopping the last shootout attempt for the victory!?!
a couple rebound goals where his D didn't do their jobs and a good screened goal.
Schneider - do we really need him?
Get rid of this guy before the bust fully erupts!!!

#56 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,306 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

He lost 6-1 toady against HC Davos, which is the best team in the league.

It's basically like putting Schneider in net for Columbus against the Canucks. It wouldn't make a difference.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#57 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Yeah that Schneider guy has shown no ability whatsover to handle pressure.
The Boston game was a fluke.
His playoff numbers are really misleading - .940 sv% and 1.91 gaa in 8 playoff games (and .960 and 1.31 last year) - the youngster has "cracks under pressure" written all over him!!!
It'll be a colllllossssallllll mistake if we keep him.

Luongo's first playoffs here he had a 1.77GAA and a .941 save% in 12 games

Then he made one mistake against the Ducks and the fans never stopped sh!tting on him for it, Schneider makes one mistake it will be the same thing no matter how good his numbers are

Edited by Primus099, 02 January 2013 - 10:02 PM.

#58 bure's triple deke

bure's triple deke

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

He doesn't make 40 plus saves every other game I watch the highlights of all there games and Schneider simply hasn't played good out there at all maybe it's the the big ice doesn't mean we're doomed but yes he has played like crap in the Swiss league

I just reviewed his game-by-game stats and he's actually got three 40+ save games out of eight, which is pretty close to every other game. A lot has also been said about Schneider playing the best that he possibly can on a terrible team. To provide some tangible support to that statement, prior to joining Ambri-Piotta, the team was 7-19. In the eight games he's played for them, they're 4-4. Despite getting lit up every couple of games on a terrible team, he's clearly making a huge difference.

Edited by bure's triple deke, 02 January 2013 - 10:58 PM.

#59 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

Schneider had a bad game on a horrible team in some inconsequential European game? Say it ain't so!

Man, I hope the NHL comes back tonight because it's getting depressing on here.

#60 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

You haven't been creating any negativity concerning Luongo? He's been a Canucks for far longer than Schneider. He's been the pillar upon which this team has been put together and with great success. And you go around discrediting what he has accomplished because some half ass rookie comes in under no real pressure and plays lights out for 68 games in two years and hence he's a number one.

Get real Smurf47.

I have never discredited what Luongo has been to the team city or charities . So, I credit him for what he has done in the past. I was thrilled to see him improvements when Melanson took him under his wing. What I don;t like about Lou is his technique and that translates into inconsistancy from game to game He has failed to capitalize on those improvements, reverted back to the old, not so great Luongo and had a mediocre season and a poor playoff both 2 seasons. Schneider is not half asse d and to discredit him is not right either.. and I can only think you say that because you want Luongo, regardless of the improvement Schneider is bringing to the TEAM and organization, . Recognize who and what Schneider is, and embrace the change, because all things change. As to the pressure, hes under huge pressure to prove himself and has aquitted himself admirably in every situation. Had we started Schneider against LA, we might have been in that series rather than down two. You are blind to the reality that Lou is not what he was and there is no way anyone will convince you. Very few on here agree with your posts and as I said before if it quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, it just might be a duck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.