The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cory Schneider staying in top form during lockout.

NuckNuckNucks

I'm predicting myself and the majority of the true fan base will be missing Loungo much more than we miss him now come next season.

And again we'll be shaking our heads when the bandwagoneers who worshipped Schneider are screaming for his head and cheering for the next poor sap they want to idolize.

Sad bunch they are.

With Lou gone, our hopes to win Stanley almost surely in the next two seasons are gone. With Schneids, it's not going to happen for Vancouver. Lou was the best shot we had. Maybe in another 20-30 years. I know this because I can never recall being wrong. Ever.

One, maybe two, of these goals are even Schneider's fault. The other two were a breakaway from Pat Kane and a wide-open snapshot in the slot. Here's the stats sheet for that game: http://www.nationalleague.ch/NL/spiele/nla/de/statistix_qualification.php?gameid=20131105071196. Wasn't pulled. 36 saves... none of which you see in the highlight package. Plus his team won. Sounds like he actually had a decent game.

I'm predicting myself and the majority of the true fan base will be missing Loungo much more than we miss him now come next season.

And again we'll be shaking our heads when the bandwagoneers who worshipped Schneider are screaming for his head and cheering for the next poor sap they want to idolize.

Sad bunch they are.

With Lou gone, our hopes to win Stanley almost surely in the next two seasons are gone. With Schneids, it's not going to happen for Vancouver. Lou was the best shot we had. Maybe in another 20-30 years. I know this because I can never recall being wrong. Ever.

His team is 2nd-worst in that league.

He has a 2.83gaa and a .927sv% in those 7 games while facing 36 shots a game.

He's performing far better than the other goaltenders on his team. .897 and .897 sv%

Certainly doesn't look to be a concern based on these 7 games. But that wouldn't matter to a troll.

We might miss Luongo as games start to pile up and Cory is untested for a full season. That being said we might continue to have Luongo for awhile anyway. There's not much of a concern with goaltending either way.

We do rip our goaltenders, like we rip any player who falters. It's just a lot easier to rip a goaltender since he's letting in goals. If the rules change again to promote offense, that may expose Schneider a bit more, but all goaltenders around the NHL would be. Then the problem with the team would be offense-related. But we're fine there too.

No, there is no shortage of bandwagoners and trolls in this fanbase. Duh.

I'm a Luongo fan myself, but you people using this to bash Schneider and say "WELL H3 BETTR GET USED TO PRESSHIR HOW DO YOU THINK LUONGO FEELZ ZOMG SAEM THING GAIZ" are delusional. Luongo started being bashed, albeit unfairly, by way of underperforming in 3 consecutive playoffs. This is ridiculous to get in a fuss over Schneids having one bad game in the Swiss league, which he probably isn't treating like the NHL playoffs. He's the big man on campus now, and if you felt so bad about Luongo getting unnecessary hate then why not show Schneider support so he doesn't go through the same thing?

Oh wait. That's right. You're crazy nuthuggers. And we wonder why the Canucks fanbase looks so stupid...

I'm a Luongo fan myself, but you people using this to bash Schneider and say "WELL H3 BETTR GET USED TO PRESSHIR HOW DO YOU THINK LUONGO FEELZ ZOMG SAEM THING GAIZ" are delusional. Luongo started being bashed, albeit unfairly, by way of underperforming in 3 consecutive playoffs. This is ridiculous to get in a fuss over Schneids having one bad game in the Swiss league, which he probably isn't treating like the NHL playoffs. He's the big man on campus now, and if you felt so bad about Luongo getting unnecessary hate then why not show Schneider support so he doesn't go through the same thing?

Oh wait. That's right. You're crazy nuthuggers. And we wonder why the Canucks fanbase looks so stupid...

Yeah that Schneider guy has shown no ability whatsover to handle pressure.

The Boston game was a fluke.

His playoff numbers are really misleading - .940 sv% and 1.91 gaa in 8 playoff games (and .960 and 1.31 last year) - the youngster has "cracks under pressure" written all over him!!!

It'll be a colllllossssallllll mistake if we keep him.

best thread I ever read.

did I miss something or does that video end with Schneider stopping the last shootout attempt for the victory!?!

a couple rebound goals where his D didn't do their jobs and a good screened goal.

Schneider - do we really need him?

Get rid of this guy before the bust fully erupts!!!

Yeah that Schneider guy has shown no ability whatsover to handle pressure.

The Boston game was a fluke.

His playoff numbers are really misleading - .940 sv% and 1.91 gaa in 8 playoff games (and .960 and 1.31 last year) - the youngster has "cracks under pressure" written all over him!!!

It'll be a colllllossssallllll mistake if we keep him.

You haven't been creating any negativity concerning Luongo? He's been a Canucks for far longer than Schneider. He's been the pillar upon which this team has been put together and with great success. And you go around discrediting what he has accomplished because some half ass rookie comes in under no real pressure and plays lights out for 68 games in two years and hence he's a number one.

Get real Smurf47.

Archived