Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Cory Schneider staying in top form during lockout.

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#61 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

I'm predicting myself and the majority of the true fan base will be missing Loungo much more than we miss him now come next season.

And again we'll be shaking our heads when the bandwagoneers who worshipped Schneider are screaming for his head and cheering for the next poor sap they want to idolize.

Sad bunch they are.

With Lou gone, our hopes to win Stanley almost surely in the next two seasons are gone. With Schneids, it's not going to happen for Vancouver. Lou was the best shot we had. Maybe in another 20-30 years. I know this because I can never recall being wrong. Ever.

Theres a first time for everything.

Luongo has let us down in big games in the past, Schneider hasn't let us down in any of the big games he has played so far.

I am a big Lu fan, so I hate to admit that but he has, it's the sad reality, he has carried us sometimes undoubtedly & is the best we have ever had IMO but..

Schneider is the better option for us right now, that's just the reality of the situation.

zackass.png

#62 Great Save Luongo!!!

Great Save Luongo!!!

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,898 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

Schneider had a bad game on a horrible team in some inconsequential European game? Say it ain't so!

Man, I hope the NHL comes back tonight because it's getting depressing on here.

Implying it's going to get any better when the NHL comes back. It's only going to get worse.
Posted Image

#63 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

Implying it's going to get any better when the NHL comes back. It's only going to get worse.

Playing on a better team and not getting 40+ shots every game will make it worse?

He will be better, although I don't know how people think he hasn't been good, he has been amazing so far when you take into account the circumstances.

zackass.png

#64 nowhereman

nowhereman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

Schneider has one off game, in some bush league in Switzerland, and now he's a write-off?

Ah, Canucks fans....

In other news, Sidney Crosby missed the net on a few shots in this morning's drop-in skate. Why Pittsburgh doesn't get rid of this bum is beyond me.
Posted Image

#65 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,662 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

The only reason the guy is doing it because he is a Lu fan and can't accept Lu is gone.

That's why no one else agrees with the point of his post.

Yes niether does Luongo right, so why not point our when Schneider has one..

I don't break balls of those undeserving of it.
Posted Image

#66 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,662 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

Schneider has one off game, in some bush league in Switzerland, and now he's a write-off?

Ah, Canucks fans....

In other news, Sidney Crosby missed the net on a few shots in this morning's drop-in skate. Why Pittsburgh doesn't get rid of this bum is beyond me.

:bored:

I know, huh.
Posted Image

#67 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

The only reason the guy is doing it because he is a Lu fan and can't accept Lu is gone.

That's why no one else agrees with the point of his post.

Yes niether does Luongo right, so why not point our when Schneider has one..

If Schnieder consistently melts down in the playoffs, gets blown out in the finals and then get hugely outplayed by a rookie for an entire season, by all means make 100 threads.

#68 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

Man, those goals were weak... lol Being someone who wants to compete every night and stay in shape, you figure he'd take every game seriously. I sure hope he's goofing around, because Lu is looking mighty good right about now!

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#69 Mcfly

Mcfly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

If you ask me, that's what's wrong with the Van fan base... they'll help the media drive the goalie psychologically crazy, playing in this city.
Look at how good Lu was for us, and just how badly he's chewed up by people with strong opinions but no ability to support a player when he's had a bad game.
I hope Cory is down for the constant sh** fest van fans have to offer.
I hate the whole false sense of entitlement a lot of fans carry. The whole," we deserve a cup" kinda crap.

Fans gotta earn that right too.

Dank2013_zps1833a257.jpg

#70 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

6-1 loss. I'm pretty sure the Swiss coach is hoping this will be Schneids last game. Jeeeeezus.

No Stanley without Luo. I know this. I've never been wrong.
You have to be a true bandwagoneer if you buy Mike's line about looking for the right deal to trade Luongo.

True fans and hockey diehards know, that is double talk for, "Luongo is a high ticket commodity now or next year, we'll keep him around just in case Schneider turns out to be a lemon and chokes games."

And choke he will.

I know this. I'm never wrong.

#71 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

Luongo got his chance to win a cup here his time is over its time for Schneider end of story

#72 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

and he came into the playoffs down 2 games. Gave the Canucks a chance to win in the 3 games he played in....had a SP of .960 vs Lous .891...I'd call that pressure ! Posted a SP of .931 vs Lous .919 and GAA of 1.96 vs Lous 2.41...playing for the same load.team...and yes, against some tuff teams. Last year he outshone Lou by a wide margin, and am excited to watch Schneids when hes carrying the load !

And the Canucks finally won the series against L.A. And went on to win the Cup behind Schneider's great technicality in goaltending.

Right?

RIGHT?

Despite his great numbers, the Canucks still lost the series. Does that not tell you something about the team? They weren't strong enough, AV tried to pull a Roy with Schneider, and failed.

Showcase.

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 03 January 2013 - 12:20 PM.

#73 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

Luongo got his chance to win a cup here his time is over its time for Schneider end of story

Well then. captaincanuck88 has spoken.

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 03 January 2013 - 12:28 PM.

#74 Great Save Luongo!!!

Great Save Luongo!!!

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,898 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Playing on a better team and not getting 40+ shots every game will make it worse?

He will be better, although I don't know how people think he hasn't been good, he has been amazing so far when you take into account the circumstances.

I meant the fan reaction, not his performance.
Posted Image

#75 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

He has one bad game in a different league for a different team and gets attention.

I can't wait to see how he handles this sort of pressure back in Vancouver, and can almost guarantee that this kid won't fare as well under the intense pressure as Luongo did.

Not saying Luongo should be our starter, not saying Schneider isn't #1 material but it's all about who handles the pressure the best. It only takes a few cracks before doubt starts flooding a goalies mind. Luongo lasted a few seasons, lets see how Schneider does.

Wow, you must live under a rock or something. You haven't seen Cory's interviews etc. he seems to handle the scrutiny pretty well for a younger goalie, even compared to luongo. He's already played under some pressured games last year. Ie stanly cup playoffs????

Some of you guys are way too serious so soon. It's guys like you, who make it unbearable for guys like Lu who hate the scrutiny. Why don't you wait til you see cs play a whole year than predict this and that outcome. With Lu you already know what you get, Cs you have a good picture of the surface but of course there's more to see. And I'm sure the management n coaches know better than us if they say they like what they see. It's not like they hate Lu etc. you go with what's best for the team.

Edited by Gonz, 03 January 2013 - 01:33 PM.

#76 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

Don't forget Cory has been groomed under this market. He "knows" and has learned how to deal with this market. As Lu is different, he came from Florida so you can give him a break since the big change of hockey atmosphere was so different for him.

Plus alot of the media and fans were on him BC he used to point the figures at teammates when there was a bad goal let in. Right or wrong it's something people can use against him.

Edited by Gonz, 03 January 2013 - 01:36 PM.

#77 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

He has one bad game in a different league for a different team and gets attention.

I can't wait to see how he handles this sort of pressure back in Vancouver, and can almost guarantee that this kid won't fare as well under the intense pressure as Luongo did.

Not saying Luongo should be our starter, not saying Schneider isn't #1 material but it's all about who handles the pressure the best. It only takes a few cracks before doubt starts flooding a goalies mind. Luongo lasted a few seasons, lets see how Schneider does.

Luongo got thick-skinned throughout the years playing for the Canucks. Many media blunders hardened him. Schneider on the other hand, as much as CBC loves the guy, in his elimination game interview, he was shaky. The media was too much for him.

Here's a good article that excreces my main concern:

Vancouver Sun Sports Blogs
One lingering concern about keeping Cory Schneider

With the news that Roberto Luongo has reportedly requested a trade ó heís even willing to waive his no-trade clause for it! Ė it seems that we have already been given an answer as to which of the Canucksí two very good goaltenders will be traded this offseason. But I have to admit that I do have one big concern about keeping Cory Schneider rather than Luongo. The issue is fairly simple: there have been a lot of young goaltenders in the NHL that have experienced tremendous success in their first full season in the league, then faltered badly afterwards.

(Graig Abel, Getty Images)

There are a couple big names recently that fall into that category: Andrew Raycroft won the Calder trophy as rookie of the year in 2004 for the Boston Bruins after posting a .926 save percentage and a 2.05 goals against average. After that stellar first season, he didnít post a save percentage about .900 until he was a backup in Vancouver in 2009-10. He is currently playing for the Texas Stars of the AHL, though he did play 10 games in Dallas this season.

Steve Mason also won the Calder in his rookie year and was nominated for the Vezina, as he helped lead the Columbus Blue Jackets to their first ever playoff berth with a .916 SV% and a 2.29 GAA. His next two seasons, his save percentage dropped to .901 and the Blue Jackets finished last in the NHL this season.

Vesa Toskala posted a stellar .930 SV% and a 2.06 GAA as a backup in San Jose in the 2003-04 season. A couple years later, he was the punch line to every joke about the Maple Leafs.

In the 90s, there was Jim Carey. In Careyís sophomore season, his first as a number one goaltender, he won the Vezina trophy as the NHLís best goaltender with a .906 SV% and a 2.26 GAA. A little over a year later, he was in the AHL. A couple years after that and he had retired from professional hockey.

There are a lot of one-hit wonders in the goaltending fraternity. At one point, Steve Penney was the next Ken Dryden. Blaine Lacher was a rookie sensation for the Bruins, then plummeted out of sight the next year. I wish I could be certain that Cory Schneider wonít join their ranks. Iím confident and optimistic that he wonít collapse in the same way and there are many positive indicators that he wonít do so, but I canít be certain.

There are, of course, many goaltenders who had fantastic seasons as rookies or sophomores and went on to have excellent careers. Take Roberto Luongo, for instance. In his first season as a full-time starter, he posted a .920 SV% and 2.44 GAA with the Florida Panthers. In his next 10 NHL seasons, he didnít falter from that early promise, never posting a save percentage lower than .913 and never once having his goals against average reach 3.00.

This past season, in fact, his numbers are nearly identical to that first year with the panthers: .919 SV% and a 2.41 GAA. While Luongo sometimes struggles with his consistency from game-to-game, from season-to-season he was the model of consistency. Keeping Luongo rather than Schneider is the safe, conservative option.

There is risk in keeping Schneider, who still has only 76 NHL games under his belt, but the potential reward is huge.

(Andrew D. Bernstein, Getty Images)

Schneider, to put it simply, was better than Luongo this year, posting an incredible .937 SV% and a 1.96 GAA, finishing second and third, respectively, in those two categories among eligible goaltenders. In his three games in the playoffs, he performed even better than expected, allowing just one goal in regulation in each game.

Those are absolutely superb numbers and itís completely understandable that the Canucks would want to hang on to Schneider and trade Luongo. If Schneider can continue to perform at this level consistently, he wonít just be a great goaltender; heíll be among the best goaltenders in the league.

But I just canít shake this nagging concern that he might falter once he gets a number one job, just like other promising young goaltenders.

My theory (though itís not unique) for why this occurs has to do with the ďbookĒ on a goaltender. NHL players and coaches meticulously prepare for each game, studying film and breaking down their opponent. For a teamís number one goaltender, you scout his weaknesses, so you know what to target.

For instance, the book on Luongo might be to try to beat him high over the shoulder early, then, if successful, go for the five-hole, hoping heíll stay on his feet a fraction of a second longer to compensate for the puck beating him high earlier. If you can do that, youíll get in his head. That seemed to be the gameplan of the Bruins in last yearís Stanley Cup Final. If you canít beat him early, however, heíll settle in and shut you down.

Thatís simplified, but itís an example of how teams and shooters will think in terms of targeting a goalieís weaknesses. On Pekka Rinne, you donít shoot glove side, because heíll swallow everything up. On Tim Thomas, you want to shoot low on the pads so heíll give up rebounds. On Marc-Andre Fleury, you want to sort of direct your shot vaguely towards the net.

When it comes to rookies and backups, thereís a lot less material to scout and itís more difficult to develop a book on a particular goaltender. Take a look at the Washington Capitals in the playoffs right now, who just beat the defending champian Boston Bruins with 22-year-old rookie Braden Holtby in net. In the first round, he had a .940 SV% with a 2.00 GAA. The Bruins just couldnít figure out how to consistently score in that series. They didnít have a book on Holtby.

They couldnít even make him flinch.

Second time around, however, coaches and players start to figure a goaltender out. Really, this goes for any player in any position. In a recent ď30 ThoughtsĒ column, Elliotte Friedman shared a conversation with Keith Yandle:

Remember talking a year ago with Keith Yandle. He pointed out that you donít really realize how hard the NHL is until a good coach game-plans against you in a playoff series.

This, more than anything else, is the cause of the dreaded sophomore slump.

Is there a book on Cory Schneider? Do teams have a gameplan for targeting the weak areas of his game? Not yet. But they will. For Roberto Luongo, it doesnít matter that other teams have a book on him: he continues to put up solid numbers year after year after year.

Will Schneider be able to do the same? I sincerely hope so.

Pass it to Bulis

Switch to standard site

#78 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

I meant the fan reaction, not his performance.

oh i see

zackass.png

#79 Bill Hicks

Bill Hicks

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

Stay in shape, don't get hurt. A bad goal is better than a bad groin.

Not sure how to +1 on my mobile, but 101's comment above is right on.

Edited by Bill Hicks, 03 January 2013 - 09:17 PM.

#80 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Luongo got thick-skinned throughout the years playing for the Canucks. Many media blunders hardened him. Schneider on the other hand, as much as CBC loves the guy, in his elimination game interview, he was shaky. The media was too much for him.

Here's a good article that excreces my main concern:

Vancouver Sun Sports Blogs
One lingering concern about keeping Cory Schneider

With the news that Roberto Luongo has reportedly requested a trade — he’s even willing to waive his no-trade clause for it! – it seems that we have already been given an answer as to which of the Canucks’ two very good goaltenders will be traded this offseason. But I have to admit that I do have one big concern about keeping Cory Schneider rather than Luongo. The issue is fairly simple: there have been a lot of young goaltenders in the NHL that have experienced tremendous success in their first full season in the league, then faltered badly afterwards.

(Graig Abel, Getty Images)

There are a couple big names recently that fall into that category: Andrew Raycroft won the Calder trophy as rookie of the year in 2004 for the Boston Bruins after posting a .926 save percentage and a 2.05 goals against average. After that stellar first season, he didn’t post a save percentage about .900 until he was a backup in Vancouver in 2009-10. He is currently playing for the Texas Stars of the AHL, though he did play 10 games in Dallas this season.

Steve Mason also won the Calder in his rookie year and was nominated for the Vezina, as he helped lead the Columbus Blue Jackets to their first ever playoff berth with a .916 SV% and a 2.29 GAA. His next two seasons, his save percentage dropped to .901 and the Blue Jackets finished last in the NHL this season.

Vesa Toskala posted a stellar .930 SV% and a 2.06 GAA as a backup in San Jose in the 2003-04 season. A couple years later, he was the punch line to every joke about the Maple Leafs.

In the 90s, there was Jim Carey. In Carey’s sophomore season, his first as a number one goaltender, he won the Vezina trophy as the NHL’s best goaltender with a .906 SV% and a 2.26 GAA. A little over a year later, he was in the AHL. A couple years after that and he had retired from professional hockey.

There are a lot of one-hit wonders in the goaltending fraternity. At one point, Steve Penney was the next Ken Dryden. Blaine Lacher was a rookie sensation for the Bruins, then plummeted out of sight the next year. I wish I could be certain that Cory Schneider won’t join their ranks. I’m confident and optimistic that he won’t collapse in the same way and there are many positive indicators that he won’t do so, but I can’t be certain.

There are, of course, many goaltenders who had fantastic seasons as rookies or sophomores and went on to have excellent careers. Take Roberto Luongo, for instance. In his first season as a full-time starter, he posted a .920 SV% and 2.44 GAA with the Florida Panthers. In his next 10 NHL seasons, he didn’t falter from that early promise, never posting a save percentage lower than .913 and never once having his goals against average reach 3.00.

This past season, in fact, his numbers are nearly identical to that first year with the panthers: .919 SV% and a 2.41 GAA. While Luongo sometimes struggles with his consistency from game-to-game, from season-to-season he was the model of consistency. Keeping Luongo rather than Schneider is the safe, conservative option.

There is risk in keeping Schneider, who still has only 76 NHL games under his belt, but the potential reward is huge.

(Andrew D. Bernstein, Getty Images)

Schneider, to put it simply, was better than Luongo this year, posting an incredible .937 SV% and a 1.96 GAA, finishing second and third, respectively, in those two categories among eligible goaltenders. In his three games in the playoffs, he performed even better than expected, allowing just one goal in regulation in each game.

Those are absolutely superb numbers and it’s completely understandable that the Canucks would want to hang on to Schneider and trade Luongo. If Schneider can continue to perform at this level consistently, he won’t just be a great goaltender; he’ll be among the best goaltenders in the league.

But I just can’t shake this nagging concern that he might falter once he gets a number one job, just like other promising young goaltenders.

My theory (though it’s not unique) for why this occurs has to do with the “book” on a goaltender. NHL players and coaches meticulously prepare for each game, studying film and breaking down their opponent. For a team’s number one goaltender, you scout his weaknesses, so you know what to target.

For instance, the book on Luongo might be to try to beat him high over the shoulder early, then, if successful, go for the five-hole, hoping he’ll stay on his feet a fraction of a second longer to compensate for the puck beating him high earlier. If you can do that, you’ll get in his head. That seemed to be the gameplan of the Bruins in last year’s Stanley Cup Final. If you can’t beat him early, however, he’ll settle in and shut you down.

That’s simplified, but it’s an example of how teams and shooters will think in terms of targeting a goalie’s weaknesses. On Pekka Rinne, you don’t shoot glove side, because he’ll swallow everything up. On Tim Thomas, you want to shoot low on the pads so he’ll give up rebounds. On Marc-Andre Fleury, you want to sort of direct your shot vaguely towards the net.

When it comes to rookies and backups, there’s a lot less material to scout and it’s more difficult to develop a book on a particular goaltender. Take a look at the Washington Capitals in the playoffs right now, who just beat the defending champian Boston Bruins with 22-year-old rookie Braden Holtby in net. In the first round, he had a .940 SV% with a 2.00 GAA. The Bruins just couldn’t figure out how to consistently score in that series. They didn’t have a book on Holtby.

They couldn’t even make him flinch.

Second time around, however, coaches and players start to figure a goaltender out. Really, this goes for any player in any position. In a recent “30 Thoughts” column, Elliotte Friedman shared a conversation with Keith Yandle:

Remember talking a year ago with Keith Yandle. He pointed out that you don’t really realize how hard the NHL is until a good coach game-plans against you in a playoff series.

This, more than anything else, is the cause of the dreaded sophomore slump.

Is there a book on Cory Schneider? Do teams have a gameplan for targeting the weak areas of his game? Not yet. But they will. For Roberto Luongo, it doesn’t matter that other teams have a book on him: he continues to put up solid numbers year after year after year.

Will Schneider be able to do the same? I sincerely hope so.

Pass it to Bulis

Switch to standard site

Wow. Very well said.
You have to be a true bandwagoneer if you buy Mike's line about looking for the right deal to trade Luongo.

True fans and hockey diehards know, that is double talk for, "Luongo is a high ticket commodity now or next year, we'll keep him around just in case Schneider turns out to be a lemon and chokes games."

And choke he will.

#81 The Creature Blue Lagoon

The Creature Blue Lagoon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

http://forum.canucks...o-luongo-trade/

#82 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

Luongo's first playoffs here he had a 1.77GAA and a .941 save% in 12 games

Then he made one mistake against the Ducks and the fans never stopped sh!tting on him for it, Schneider makes one mistake it will be the same thing no matter how good his numbers are

No it was more like 3 years of playoff gaffs before people started to turn on him.

#83 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

No it was more like 3 years of playoff gaffs before people started to turn on him.

No it was not. Primus099 is right. Vancouver fans wait for that one mistake and then judge on it for the rest of the player's career. Kids also do that in highschool and their parents do that to their kids. Vancouver acts under the British mentality of cast system.

#84 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

no one faulted lou for the anaheim series, he allowed us to hang in there. They would have put us away and were a complete team with two number 1 dmen and 2 scoring lines a helluva a 3rd line with moen and pahlsson. We had sedins and Luongo

#85 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

One Playoff mistake my a*ss

#86 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,686 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

That article failed to mention that teams indeed have a book on Luongo in recent years and have used it effectively. He's still been good, but not as good as before.

Also fails to mention that while Schneider's NHL career has been relatively short so far, he has been stellar at every level.

Still, i can see Canucks fans turn on Schneider just as they have with Luongo if he starts letting in some softies. This is not earth-shattering news here. Lol at trolls thinking they've found something new regarding Canuck fans and their relationship with goaltenders.
Posted Image

#87 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

No it was not. Primus099 is right. Vancouver fans wait for that one mistake and then judge on it for the rest of the player's career. Kids also do that in highschool and their parents do that to their kids. Vancouver acts under the British mentality of cast system.

A few fans may have but the large majority of fans were supporting him untill last year, if you try and argue that then your memory is extreamlly onesided and short. He had 3+ years of playoff letdowns before the masses started to turn (and rightfully so). I started to turn on him after the Olympics because of what I felt was a cocky aditude about winning when I didn't think he played well. At that point I was one of the few "Lou haters", glad to see all the rest of you on the bus. Next stop life without Lou......

#88 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

Only on CDC could a guy who at least went overseas to stay sharp (one of, what, two on the whole team who did so) get skewered for doing so after one bad game with a cellar dwelling team while the team's other goalie does absolutely nothing to stay sharp and gets lauded by the faithful despite several poor season starts and innumerable playoff meltdowns.

#89 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

right i forgot it was also his job to score goals

#90 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

These bandwagoneers. Such a dramatic bunch.

The unproven Schneider did so well with his artificially padded and misleading stats is because he had the enormous shield of Luo.

Remove Luongo and what you have is an average goalie that will have a very short career here in Vancouver. The same bandwagoneers that cheered for Luongo and then screamed to have him removed who now cheer for Schneider will soon be calling for his removal and they will cheer for the next victim.

What a sad bunch of bandwagoneers who do not understand the game of hockey. No matter how many times they cut and paste, they will never understand the game.

And choke he will.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.